Phone Etiquette / Opinions

ehBeth

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 06:04 pm
@chai2,
nope - don't leave the mobile on all the time

I chose not to get VM. I hate VM. I hate leaving VM. I hate getting VM.
axpert

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 06:08 pm
If its done to me i usually wait a period of about 2 minutes before disconnecting. My reason for this are sometimes it can be a simple( generalizing here) can you stop an get some milk, dinner is in the oven, im staying late at work type of calls. Also some people feel the need to click over to let the other person im not ignoring you im on the other line, Ill call you back. Of course this can then turn into a conversation, if im hold for say more than 2 minutes I usually just hang up. I do A 85% of the time.
0 Replies

axpert

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 06:19 pm
@Joe Nation,
When looking for a job yes this is absolutely crucial in todays economy. You may find it hard or next to try and reach the person again.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 06:23 pm
@ehBeth,
Laughing.. I never look at my mobile vm - anytime I do, once ever six months or so, it's no one I ever heard of. My friends don't call me on that phone and I barely remember the number myself. It's for a car or treking around emergency.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 06:27 pm
@axpert,
axpert wrote:

When looking for a job yes this is absolutely crucial in todays economy.

for my last three jobs - going back to 1997 or 1998 - the arrangements were all made by email

I haven't even seen a hard copy of my own resume for about a decade now - everything's been done electronically.
0 Replies