Reparations To American Blacks... Yes/No?

neologist

Reply Fri 30 May, 2014 08:33 pm
@BillRM,
Neither, of course.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 31 May, 2014 07:10 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: (Acts 10:34, 35) . . . For a certainty I perceive that God is not partial, 35 but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him.
BTW, Fabulini; that included the Ethiopian eunuch converted and baptized by Philip.

Most blacks are respectful towards whites and i've got no beef with them, it's only the nasty ones that nobody likes..Smile

PS- I hope Zimmerman sues Trayvon Martins family for raising their son badly by encouraging him to sit on white men slamming their head into the ground.
Poor Zimmy, he must have seen something like this as he began slipping into unconsciousness-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/black-mugger_zpse94d2ac9.jpg~original
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 31 May, 2014 07:39 pm
@joefromchicago,
Hypothetically, let's imagine that the U.S. found a gold mine with enough gold to give a large sum to every American Black person. Now what? Would Blacks stop blaming whites for some sort of unfair advantage in society? I think that at that point Blacks would have what some other successful ethnic groups achieved: a gilded ghetto (new home, new car, etc.). But, they would still remain within their own culture, and the big question would be whether the next generation squandered the gold windfall, or not. In effect, how any actual (hypothetical) reparations were used might be embarrassing in 50 years, or less? Just my opinion and musing.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 31 May, 2014 07:44 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

To me we should forget the idea of dividing up the population by race and focus on the poor and lower to lower middle class group that have a far larger percent of blacks then white in it and transfer wealth in a big way to them from the super rich instead of what is going on now where the super rich is gathering a ever greater percent of the total wealth if the nation to them.

It might sound trite, but I do believe we are how we speak. The British seem to understand this better. Anyone that speaks correct English puts me at ease; not so with street English.

P.S.: How did "brung" become a word?
Foofie

Reply Sat 31 May, 2014 07:47 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
We English civilised the New World and created the Great White Christian American Nation,

Sorry the Romans get the first credit with both bringing high civilization and more important public baths to the former very very dirty tribes of the British Isles.

I have read that the British Navy ruled the seas based on rum and buggery. Interesting?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 31 May, 2014 10:35 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
It might sound trite, but I do believe we are how we speak.
SO STIPULATED, Foofie.

David
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 08:26 am
I love how some whites think..This thread is GOLD...Keep the stereotypes coming
Buttermilk

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 08:29 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
So you're a racist and Catholic?

I've always wanted to ask a religious person this....

Why did your god create me with a dark skin pigmentation which in essence protects me from our sun? Why did your god design me that way?
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 08:39 am
@joefromchicago,
Good post, I would say as I've argued before, that reparations for blacks today although justified, is still disservice. The way the social climate is reparations are nothing more than a leverage that racist whites will use in the midst of the black socioeconomic upheval:

"See we gave blacks this and now look..."

Besides, reparations does not erase social injustice.
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 08:45 am
@Foofie,
No angle...I'm sorry but they don't (southern "pauperized" whites) deserve ****. Making other humans a commodity even for an economic benefit is morally wrong.
Buttermilk

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 08:46 am
@Lash,
I'm merely going off your PM, or should I clarify that here?
BillRM

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 09:47 am
@Buttermilk,
Quote:
No angle...I'm sorry but they don't (southern "pauperized" whites) deserve ****. Making other humans a commodity even for an economic benefit is morally wrong.

Slavery had existed in all major cultures for most of human history including African cultures and in some cases to this very day.
neologist

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 10:12 am
Perhaps the only effective reparation would be for people of all races to scrutinize and, as required, adjust their mental inclinations.

Don't ask me how I would implement something like that.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 10:28 am
@Buttermilk,
Since you funneled what I said through your faulty receptor, and drip it out through your biased pie hole, I think you should follow what most members do and keep private conversations separate from public.

Public conversations can stand on their own.

Buttermilk

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 10:57 am
@BillRM,
This is a common argument by racist whites:

"Africans sold slaves too!"

Africa is a continent with different countries, why do people talk of Africa as if its a country on its own? Slavery was not widely practiced in Africa Anyway slavery has existed but the type of slavery was different depending on the ruler. Genghis Khan used slaves as spoils of war and as disposable targets in battle. The England descendants used African slaves as replacement for indentured servants then used systematic racism to subdue multi-generations of that culture.....Your point?
Buttermilk

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 11:00 am
@Lash,
I only keep things private of those I respect...Since I'm an "idiot" to you guess where that puts you? Oh yea I'm definitely going to put what you said in PM here.
BillRM

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 11:22 am
@Buttermilk,
LOL my point is that all advance cultures and most others until the industry revolution needed and have slavery up to even slaves armies in a few cases.

Picking out a sub group that happen to be American whites as evil or whatever you are trying to pull off for having black slaves while giving everyone else a free pass including cultures that are black is illogical and just show you own racism.

A white slave holder is no more evil then a black slave holder or a Muslim slave holder or an native american slaveholder and by your position otherwise show that you are the one that is racist.

Not that evil is the correct word for slavery that was accepted as moral and just how things happen to be for the bulk of the history of the human race.

You or no one else have the right to apply the moral standards of today to the past cultures.

Every human on earth had have slaves in their family tree when slavery was common so there is nothing special or deserving of the descentants of black slaves in the south compare to any other person with slavery in their background.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 01:12 pm
@Buttermilk,
Buttermilk wrote:
I only keep things private of those I respect...Since I'm an "idiot"
to you guess where that puts you? Oh yea I'm definitely going to put what you said in PM here.
We shud all bear that in mind.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 01:16 pm
@Buttermilk,
Buttermilk wrote:
This is a common argument by racist whites:

"Africans sold slaves too!"

Africa is a continent with different countries, why do people talk of Africa as if its a country on its own? Slavery was not widely practiced in Africa Anyway slavery has existed but the type of slavery was different depending on the ruler. Genghis Khan used slaves as spoils of war and as disposable targets in battle. The England descendants used African slaves as replacement for indentured servants then used systematic racism to subdue multi-generations of that culture.....Your point?
I think the point was that Africans AGREED
to the propriety of black slavery.

From that, I dissent.
I wish that the blacks had been permanently left un-disturbed.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 01:27 pm
@Buttermilk,
Buttermilk wrote:
I love how some whites think..This thread is GOLD...
Keep the stereotypes coming
OK, how about THIS:
as per the documented information that Pamela has been providing to us,
blacks have been dis-proportionately inflicting bloody crimes of violence upon whites
and therefore, the blacks shud pay reparations to the whites
and taxes on the blacks shud be raised accordingly ASAP. How 's that?

David
0 Replies