Is There Any Reason to Believe the Biblical Story of Creation?

giujohn

Sun 25 May, 2014 04:19 pm
@usmankhalid665,
"I think it is almost impossible that he could have known about things like the common origin of the universe, because scientists have only found out within the last few years, with very complicated and advanced technological methods, that this is the case.”

Care to guess where we get the word ATOM and who/when was the first to propose it?
neologist

Sun 25 May, 2014 08:50 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
Care to guess where we get the word ATOM and who/when was the first to propose it?
From Google search:
Quote:
late 15th century: from Old French atome, via Latin from Greek atomos ‘indivisible,’ based on a- ‘not’ + temnein ‘to cut.
giujohn

Sun 25 May, 2014 09:32 pm
@neologist,
Well you're right about the greek origin of the word but I was really going for who first proposed the idea... it was Democritus an ancient Greek philosopher who lived from 460 BC to 370 BC.
neologist

Sun 25 May, 2014 11:20 pm
@giujohn,
I was simply wondering what was your atomic point
0 Replies

usmankhalid665

Mon 26 May, 2014 08:31 am
@Setanta,
Dear Setanta, i can't use such a language which you have used for me. Because i'm not like you. I know i'm at right path, so i don't need to use your language. This shows that you are not ready to accept the truth. May God shows you right path.
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 26 May, 2014 08:37 am
What "language" do you object to? Being called a joker when you just copy and paste rather than attempting to answer the question? Having your bullshit described as bullshit? Yes, i can see where you would object to such things. The truth hurts sometimes. There is no "god" who will show me the way, so far as i can tell from the complete lack of evidence.
Easy-Y

Mon 26 May, 2014 09:15 am
@Setanta,
Brother Setanta i have come to the conclusion that you are in the wrong dimension. I believe Brother Setanta that you belong in the 4th dimension yet somehow you have slipped through to the 3rd dimension. I do not know how maybe it was a flatulent phenomenon. You are showing alarming signs of dimensional dementia so the sooner we get you back where you belong the better.

You are welcome Brother Setanta.
Setanta

Mon 26 May, 2014 09:17 am
@Easy-Y,
You are not my brother. Had you ever been my brother, i'd have slit your throat long, long ago. I may have been incarcerated, but i'd have had the satisfaction of knowing that i had done an inestimable service to the human race.
Easy-Y

Mon 26 May, 2014 09:20 am
@Setanta,
What did i tell yu dimensional dementia, all the signs are there.
neologist

Mon 26 May, 2014 09:38 am
@giujohn,
On second reading, I see you were quoting usmankhalid..
Use of the quote/reply function would have made things more clear
But, of course, my use of ordinary reading skill would have accomplished the same,

How much of our world's problems could be solved by effecive communications is a topic unto itself.

We might, at the very least, avoid the fearful flatulence from the demented dimension.

Not that we have seen any of it. Ever. On a2k.
Setanta

Mon 26 May, 2014 09:58 am
@Easy-Y,
Yeah, right . . . what you told me . . . you couldn't find your own ass with both hands and wall chart.
0 Replies

usmankhalid665

Mon 26 May, 2014 10:48 am
@Setanta,
Mr. Setanta, i'm not convincing you to believe God. Because God blessed you a beautiful mind. Use your mind & open your eyes so that you reach to truth. Be calm & cool. I understand your condition that you are very dipressed & tensed. You have no aim to do anything for your life. You are just spending your days with no happiness. Even you don't know the meaning of happiness. Collect information of islamic views and islamic life style. why are people of US, Europe, Australia and all over the world converting to Islam. Interesting thing is that approximately 60% of new muslims are women. They are converting to Islam by their own search about Islam. Have you studied Islam? If not, then you should to study.
Setanta please be unbiased. Don't make it your personal war. Try to accept the truth.
THANKS
Brandon9000

Mon 26 May, 2014 10:51 am
@usmankhalid665,
This is off topic. The purpose of the thread is to show evidence to support the Christian version of creation.
Setanta

Mon 26 May, 2014 10:57 am
@usmankhalid665,
I am calm, and i am neither "dipressed" nor "tensed." (Your English sucks.) You have no way of knowing, and no means of learning whether or not i am happy. You're just spreading typical theistic hatefulness which assumes that others cannot be happy unless they share your delusions. I am not biased on this topic, and that is because i don't beg the questions of existence with fairy tales and magic sky daddies. I am not at war, and that's because i can accept the truth. Too bad for you that you cannot.
usmankhalid665

Mon 26 May, 2014 11:13 am
@Setanta,
On which base you are believing that God does not exist?
Setanta

Mon 26 May, 2014 11:18 am
@usmankhalid665,
There is a distinction here that i suspect you won't grasp. I don't believe that "god" does not exist. I don't believe that any "god" does exist. It is possible, but i've never seen any evidence, nor even a plausible reason to believe it.
0 Replies

neologist

Mon 26 May, 2014 11:39 am
@Brandon9000,
So much for purpose. Laughing
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Mon 26 May, 2014 11:43 am
Interestingly, there have been very few takers for the specific question asked in my opening post and by the thread title. I would think that believers would want to convey the truth of their beliefs to others, and yet, where are they?
neologist

Mon 26 May, 2014 12:07 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
Interestingly, there have been very few takers for the specific question asked in my opening post and by the thread title. I would think that believers would want to convey the truth of their beliefs to others, and yet, where are they?
I think Set hit it here:
http://able2know.org/topic/245625-1#post-5673124
Though I did not think I would be alone.
Brandon9000

Mon 26 May, 2014 12:09 pm
@neologist,
Take what bait? If your beliefs are true, then they should be able to stand up to reasoned discussion. You believe that these things are not merely true, but overwhelmingly true. Why, then, can they not be supported in a discussion?