Who will win the superbowl?

Rae

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 10:11 pm
Ummmmmmm.....losing?

Just a thought.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 01:21 am
Well, I have to say I neither know nor care! Or I would have....

but, in today's New England Journal of Medicine there's a report showing 41% increase in average number of road fatalities after the telecast on Sunday. This increase also applied to non-fatal injuries. It was generally larger in states with a losing team than neutral states, and larger in a neutral state than states with a winning team.

So, if your team loses the Superbowl, be careful out there! The state with the winning team is safest, but there's an increase all round after the game!
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 03:55 am
i'm still going somehow to a superbowl party. i wonder if they have cable in the court house?
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 04:03 am
Rae wrote:
Bite me, pueo.

Go Tampa Bay!

consider yourself bit. a giant gator bite. Very Happy

you know it occurs to me that the florida college teams didn't do so well in bowl games this season. fsu, miami, and that other team all lost in bowl games.

but nontheless, the buc's will prevail.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 04:08 am
PDiddie wrote:
I'll root for Tampa (I lived in the area once for awhile) but I'm afraid the Raiders will prevail.

Hope Coach Chucky's got a few tricks up his sleeve... :wink:

since gruden coached the raiders for four years, the edge would go to him. he knows all the tendencies of all his former players, and most importantly their weakness'.

pdiddie, root away for tampa bay! Very Happy
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 04:10 am
edgarblythe wrote:
The Bucs will be fierce, but I think Oakland will edge them out - barely.

edgar, there's still time to reverse your post Very Happy
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 08:26 am
pueo,
I offer my warm, cozy home to you to watch the game and you have the nerve to blame me for you having to appear in court. That's just unbelievable! I'll make sure to take a few seconds during the game to give thought to the fun you're having sitting in that boring court room. Very Happy
Don't give it a thought, because the only thing you're going to miss, is your Bucs losing the game. You're better off not having to witness that. Razz

PDiddie,
Living in Tampa for a short time doesn't make you responsible for having to root for them when you know that Oakland is going to win. You still have time to change your mind and come over to my side. Very Happy

Rae,
I can understand why you're rooting for Tampa Bay, but just because you live in Florida doesn't mean you have to be dedicated to a Florida team.
However, I can understand what could happen to you if you don't root for Tampa Bay, and someone around you finds out. :wink:
By the way, would you care to bet a bagel on the game? Laughing
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 09:38 am
The Raiders seem Satanic to me.

Aggressive, confrontational, obnoxious, intoxicated...

And that's just their fans.
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 05:17 pm
PDiddie,
And your point is?
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 07:04 pm
dlk33 ~ okay, a one bagel bet it is!

My disclaimer: I AM only betting on The Bucs because they are a Florida team. I am not a fan of the NFL. At all.
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 11:14 pm
Rae,
You do realize that you have to watch the game if you're going to bet, don't you? If you don't, it won't be as meaningful if (which you won't) you happen to get lucky enough to win the bet. Very Happy
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 11:16 pm
buc's win 35-17. remember, you heard it here first Cool
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2003 09:17 am
There's no way the Bucs will score 35 points, remember you heard it here first. Cool
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2003 09:37 am
Does anyone happen to know what the over/under is?

My Internet connection is sluggish due to the Web-wide virus outside this website...is yours?

I don't think Tampa scores 35 either; and I like TB's defense matching up against Oaklnd's offense, so I don't think they score a lot.

i'm thinking something like 23-16 Bucs, and if the o/u is more than 40, I really like that...
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2003 11:54 am
dlk ~ bettin bagels is serious business ~ of course I'm going to watch the game!
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2003 04:26 pm
Oakland 24, Tampa Bay 17. That's the score that keeps popping up in my head.
Rae,
bagels is plural, we're only betting one bagel so I guess you only have to watch half of the game, although I'm sure you'll want to turn the T.V. to a different station before the half, for lack of interest due to the fact that Oakland won't have any points on the scoreboard yet. :wink:
I'm probably going to have to eat my words, and feel very Embarrassed for putting the horse before the buggy, especially when I have no control of the final outcome in a situation such as this.
What can I say, blame it on my competitive nature. I can't help myself. Very Happy
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2003 04:30 pm
PDiddie wrote:

My Internet connection is sluggish due to the Web-wide virus outside this website...is yours?

Yesterday, after clicking on to a Norton Anti-Virus thread here, MY Norton Anti-Virus clicked in. Was worried, puter screen doing odd things. My anti-virus must have worked, but news reports a weak worm that may be moving through Message Boards...
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2003 04:52 pm
Well, betting bagel(s) IS serious business ya know.

I think Oakland will do a repeat of last year.

I'm going with Tampa Bay, 24/17.

Oh yeah, I have enough beer to watch the whole game, so I guess I'm gonna! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2003 07:06 am
Rae,
You have nerve to use the same score I did, but turned around in your teams favor. Rolling Eyes
You make sure you drink plenty of that beer, so that when the game is over, you won't actually be able to remember who won. This way, even if my team does lose (which they won't) I will still be able to convince you that they won. Very Happy
I'm always as sober as they come, so there won't be any confusion on my end. I may eat too much, but that won't affect my senses in anyway. :wink:
Be talking to ya at half time. Cool
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2003 11:38 am
You crack me up, dlk! I'll be here at half-time!

By the way, my ex husband is actually putting the score at 38/27, Tampa Bay. I was gonna go with that one, but didn't want to give him ammo for something I've agreed with him on!
0 Replies