Who will win the superbowl?

pueo

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2003 09:23 pm
the houston connection?

the oiler's were rollin when earl campbell was there.
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2003 09:34 pm
pueo,
Looks like we have a bet for the superbowl!
Yes, I'm down a bagel. So, what's the bet this time, three bagels or nothing? You know, the cost of a bagel just went up .17 per bagel.
I'm taking Oakland.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2003 09:41 pm
Yes, I was despondent when the Titans lost the Supe to the Rams by a yard a couple years back.

The Texans were great fun this year so the scab is healing.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2003 10:32 pm
dlk, bet is on!

the texans look promising, next year should be much better.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 03:33 am
you will notice raider fans, that the raiders don't have much of a running game. although gannon is a very good qb, and rice is still a great receiver, throwing the ball works to the buc's advantage. the buc's defensive will dominate.

to be fair, the buc's don't have much of a running game either, and their qb is adequate at best. but, it's enough offense to score on the raiders.

dlk, just go ahead and mail the bagel's. it's already over. Very Happy
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 03:52 am
littlek wrote:
So, when does this adrenal arena event happen?

january 26th. the 27th for me, it's a monday. i think i'm going to call in sick, find where they are broadcasting the game, and go watch it.

shhhhhh, don't tell my employees! and especially my office in hawaii!!

dlk, you think the bagels will arrive in time? might need something to go along with my coffee. Very Happy
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 07:04 am
Puhleeze- I think that if the world were coming to an end, the lead story in the Tampa Tribune would still be about the Bucs. Don't want to be a "party pooper", but I DON'T CARE! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 05:22 pm
pueo,
go right ahead and do all the teasing you want, just remember your Bucs haven't won yet!
I have no intention of sending out any bagels early, because you'd just end up having to send them back. Smile
Odds are the Bucs aren't going to win. They've shouldn't have even gotten as far as they have. They do have a great defense, but not much for offense. The Raiders have a decent offense and defense, as well as a great kicker. It's really going to come down to who wants it more. But, the game is in Calif., not Florida so Oakland really does have home field advantage with the crowd.
As far as coaches, Oakland has the calmer, better looking coach, while Tampa Bay's coach sure knows how to put on the many ugly faces. It would almost be worth it for Tampa Bay to win just to see if their coach can crack a smile. Laughing
I'll be checking in during half time to give you a hard time. Razz
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 05:29 pm
phoenix,
now now, take it easy it will all be over after this week-end when Oakland wins the Superbowl. What else is there to talk about in Tampa anyway, besides the upcoming game? :wink:
Is hubby going to watch the game?
Look at it this way, if Oakland wins the coverage in the paper will be less, so cheer Oakland on. Very Happy
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 05:31 pm
should read: if Oakland wins, the coverage in the paper will be less, so cheer Oakland on.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 05:34 pm
pueo - mums the word.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 06:02 pm
dlk, the supposed sports guru's picked the eagles and titans to win this past weekend. oddsmakers mean nothing to me. buc's win Very Happy
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 06:05 pm
thanks littlek.

the hard part now is choosing which venue to attend. the major hotels and planet hollywood have their prices and packages lited in the paper today. full buffets, breakfast/lunch meals. beer-no beer.
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 10:38 am
pueo,
It would be a long trip, and you'd probably have to start packing now to get here in time, but....... I have a solution to your dilemma about where to watch the "big game." I'm sure we could find a spot in front of the T.V. just for you to sit and watch Tampa Bay get the boot. Very Happy
If by chance I were to lose, you'd get your bagels a LOT faster this way, and you'd have something to eat on the airplane for the long trip back home.
What do you say?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 12:41 pm
I'll root for Tampa (I lived in the area once for awhile) but I'm afraid the Raiders will prevail.

Hope Coach Chucky's got a few tricks up his sleeve... :wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 09:28 pm
The Bucs will be fierce, but I think Oakland will edge them out - barely.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 09:31 pm
I am rooting for Tampa Bay.....
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 10:03 pm
damn, damn, damn.

of all the luck! i just got told that i have to appear in court on monday 9:00 am. i'm a witness of a car accident with injuries (minor).

I CAN"T BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!

somehow i think dlk and rae are behind this Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 10:04 pm
Bite me, pueo.

Go Tampa Bay!
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 10:09 pm
right now i have no interest in the game. too upset. i wonder what the consequences are for failing to appear?
0 Replies