Does he secretly like me?

nurrr58

Reply Mon 19 May, 2014 04:02 pm
He's in a relationship, but does he like me?...
I've known this guy for about 2 months. We had mutual friends and started talking on facebook. Turns out we have the exact same music interests and same career goals. We would message each other every day ALL DAY (super long messages too) about everything. He then mentioned he had a girlfriend. I was really shocked because I didn't think he would be sending me such long messages if he was dating someone....

We still talk every day. Anytime he sees me online facebook he starts a conversation. He also always asks me if I'm going to events; like "hey, you going to __ tomorrow?" And if I say yes he shows up (this has happened 3-4 times) and we hang out (he comes without his girlfriend). He invited me to his house for a party last weekend, and I went. He hung out with me quite a bit, and when I left he kept texting me asking me to come back and cuddle with him, and that he was sad that I left. Side note: when we hang out he doesn't outwardly flirt with me but he teases me, and I caught him staring at me a few times. One time I touched his knee and he smiled really big.

Seems like he likes me, right? Well I'm not sure. Why? Because he ALWAYS brags about his girlfriend to me, how much he misses her and wishes he was with her, how beautiful she is, etc. He'll even bring her up randomly, for example we were talking about tacos and he's like "I only need tacos and my girlfriend in my life." At the party also he fell and I tried to help him up, and he said "Don't I have a girlfriend"... So obviously he DOESN'T like me then, right? I can't seem to understand any of this at all. Either he really likes me as a friend or he likes me? I have no idea at all. Some advice would help me out a lot! Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,207 • Replies: 4
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 20 May, 2014 06:42 am
@nurrr58,
You say he claims to miss his girlfriend. Where is she that he misses her?

It is possible that he enjoys female companionship and that he sees you as a companion/friend substitute for his girlfriend. Be a friend to him if you want, but you may want to look elsewhere for a romantic relationship.
nurrr58

Reply Tue 20 May, 2014 03:33 pm
@CoastalRat,
she's out of town right now, has been for the last two weeks and I think she's coming back next week. Yeah, I guess he could see me as a good friend but I know guys don't usually work that way... lol
ehBeth

Reply Tue 20 May, 2014 07:46 pm
@nurrr58,
Sounds like he misses his girlfriend and that you're someone he considers a friend to talk to while she's away.

He has a girlfriend. You are not that girlfriend.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Wed 21 May, 2014 02:25 am
@nurrr58,
Just because he has a girlfriend, doesn't mean he doesn't enjoy a bit on the side.

Just don't think he'll ever truly respect the bit on the side.
0 Replies