Bush Says, "Rumsfeld Doing a Superb Job."

infowarrior

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 04:39 pm
I thought I heard Air America was off the air due to financial problems?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 04:43 pm
infowarrior wrote:
I thought I heard Air America was off the air due to financial problems?

Um, no.

Click hereand you can listen live, right now.
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 04:45 pm
PDiddie:

Dude, thanks.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 10:31 pm
I can maybe understand an argument that says he didn't do a TERRIBLE job, but "Superb"?

Methinks the president is stretching the description just a touch.

"Superb" would be the word to use if the postwar planning was more on point, the estimates of the needed troops were on the money, and the cost/time estimate was more accurate.

As it is, I would state a more appropriate description in relation to his work regarding Iraq thus far would be, "mediocre".
0 Replies

mporter

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 11:52 pm
The most irritating aspect of this whole mess is that 7 out of 10 people polled agree that Rumsfeld should not resign. Even with all of the damning evidence, they feel he should not resign. And the right wing says that the left controls the media!!!

What nonsense.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 12:29 am
!
They poll Right Wing zealots! I think that the Right Wing sent out rose colored glasses to all of their cult members.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 06:12 am
One of the few occasions in human history when seeing, hearing and knowing nothing is considered to be "doing a superb job". Mad
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 06:19 am
The only way to characterize Bush's remark is, bizarre.

Such bizarre remarks call into question his overall judgement -- not just of people, but policy decisions too.

Maybe if criminality reaches Rumsfeld, then Bush might actually be forced to ask for his resignation. But until then, don't expect Rumsfeld to go.
0 Replies

Cephus

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 09:53 am
I'm sure that Bush is doing everything he can to keep Rumsfeld in office, simply because if he was fired, he might actually start pointing fingers at the people truly responsible for all this nonsense.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 07:58 am
Quote:
Indeed, Rumsfeld personifies the ruinous combination of deception, arrogance and incompetence that has so badly damaged the war effort from the very beginning. His role has been so ruinous, in fact, that even some of the most enthusiastically hawkish pundits, such as George Will and Andrew Sullivan, are belatedly coming to recognize that utopian dreams of democratic imperialism have turned into a nightmare of colonial occupation. (emphasis mine)

But the secretary of defense reflects nothing more or less than the president's policies and attitudes, which is why he still has his position.

Joe Conason's Journal

So, everybody's clear on who gets held responsible, right? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 08:05 am
"...utopian dreams of democratic imperialism have turned into a nightmare of colonial occupation." PDiddie

The high price of Iraq being the jewel in the crown in Bush's neocon empire fantasy.
0 Replies

Deecups36

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 09:01 am
Well, I hope Bush stands by his man because his poll numbers are falling and falling and falling.

At least Rummy the Dummy will vote for him in November.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 09:57 am
Why most people can't see that blame belongs to Rummie is truly amazing. They were informed about the mistreatment of prisoners by the Red Cross and Kay many, many months ago. With that knowledge, he is RESPONSIBLE BECAUSE HE HAS DONE NOTHING TO CORRECT IT AND IT CONTINUED. If he had zip knowledge, he may have some excuse, but NOT IN THE MILITARY. He's the chief honcho - responsible for everything that happens. That's called taking responsibility for what he is responsible for. That the top brass is looking at court martials only for lower echelon enlisted, it shows how the military chain of command has broken down. I wouldn't want my worst enemy to serve in this military today.
0 Replies

Deecups36

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 10:35 am
In the world of Bush/Cheney, responsibility is top-down, not down-up.

Thus, Bush and all of Poppy's friends (Cheney, Bremer, Rummy the Dummy, et al) are safe as lion cubs in a cave.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 03:26 pm
er, actually - if it's good; "We did it" - if it's bad; "They did it".

Funny, who is not supporting the "troops". Another neocon sad display........
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 03:36 pm
Why is it that when I hear Bush say he is astounded and sorry, I get the feeling it is that he is astounded and sorry he got caught, hmmmmmmmmmmm.......
0 Replies