Bush Says, "Rumsfeld Doing a Superb Job."

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 12:22 pm
Bush said today, Rumsfeld, "doing a superb job."

Can you imagine how badly things would be going if he were doing a lousy job? Shocked
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,507 • Replies: 35
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 12:42 pm
Those are the standards by which this administration works; keep obfuscating what is so obvious to the world.
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 12:46 pm
In any other setting, people would suspect Bush of mental illness.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 01:01 pm
I find that vote of confidence so reassuring...Of course, the odds of Bush asking Rumsfeld to resign were slim to none. To have done so would have made the administration look inept a few months before the election.

Interesting, isn't that, our conservative brethren in this forum have been strangely silent of late. Could the recent news of Iraq be too strong for even them to stomach?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 01:14 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
Interesting, isn't that, our conservative brethren in this forum have been strangely silent of late. Could the recent news of Iraq be too strong for even them to stomach?

See this post for my opinion on this, as it has mostly come true on this board, as I knew it would.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 01:25 pm
d'artagan, if only they were slent cause they feel let down by the administration-- bush supporters believe the left media is making too much of a big deal out of this. they follow the creed of limbaugh: the antics of the soldiers were just like a frat party, they needed to let off steam.
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 01:33 pm
D'artagnan:

It's ultimately not up to Bush to make a decision about Rumsfeld.

That decision is Cheney's and Poppy's.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 01:39 pm
McGentrix wrote:
D'artagnan wrote:

See this post for my opinion on this, as it has mostly come true on this board, as I knew it would.

Duly noted, McG. Love your new avatar!
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 01:41 pm
Gala wrote:
d'artagan, if only they were slent cause they feel let down by the administration-- bush supporters believe the left media is making too much of a big deal out of this. they follow the creed of limbaugh: the antics of the soldiers were just like a frat party, they needed to let off steam.

Agreed, Gala. I actually heard the hazing analogy from another source. This one (someone who does PR for Ollie North) compared what the soldiers are doing to athletes having a little fun.

Boys (and girls) will be boys!
0 Replies

Deecups36

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 01:43 pm
Did Bush actually say this? Oh my -- he's not well.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 01:58 pm
d'artagan, have you listened to the al franken radio show?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 02:10 pm
No, Gala. Alas, Seattle lacks a station that carries Air America...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 02:15 pm
Rumsfeld may indeed be doing a superb job, it's just unfortunate that we the people don't know what job it is he is supposed to be doing. Perhaps George does know. (or not)
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 03:44 pm
d'artagan, you can hear it online, that's what i do
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 03:47 pm
Good point, Gala. I have listened in once or twice...
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 03:53 pm
d'artagan, i can't listen to the whole 3 hours cause it's too disturbingly true to me, and i listen while i'm at work which makes the hours go too slow, but some of the segments are hilarious...
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 04:04 pm
It seems like Bush is taking a big risk.

If Rumsfeld goes down, doesn't this hurt Bush? It appears a strategic blunder for Bush not to distance himself from the person who symbolizes the problems the Iraq war is having.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 04:08 pm
The problem for Bush, ebrown_p, is that he doesn't want to acknowledge these problems. Forcing Rumsfeld to resign would be an admission of error that he won't (or can't) make.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 04:23 pm
My question is whether this will hurt him politically? I think it will (and hope it does).
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 04:27 pm
Agreed, though I think he's hurt by Rumsfeld in either case. At this point, I suspect a large number of that crew are perceived negatively right now: Rice, Cheney, Wolfowitz. And anyone who ever claimed that Project Iraqi Freedom would be a cakewalk...
0 Replies