They should put the

WBYeats

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 10:21 am
-They should put the annotation(s) on the same ___ . (plane?)

I want to say that when the annotations are at the back of a book, it is very troublesome because you have to flip through the text in (the?) front and the annotations at the back alternately, so those editors should put the annotations either on the page of the text, or on the right-hand side page(when we are talking about the text on the left page), so that readers do not have to travel around with their hands and eyes so tiringly. What word should I put in to make the sentence succinct?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 418 • Replies: 4
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 10:30 am
@WBYeats,
Well WB how about "…opposite page"
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 11:05 am
When the annotations are at the back of a book, it is very troublesome because the reader has to flip between the main text and the annotations. These should be either on the same page as the text, or on the opposite page so that one does not have to travel around with the hands and eyes so tiringly.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 03:24 pm
@WBYeats,

These things have all been tried: footnotes, notes in the margins,, notes (italics) inserted into the main text, notes at the end of chapters, appendices at the end of the book etc.
Not everyone wants (or needs) to read all explanatory notes, and so some may prefer to have them elsewhere in the book. I think I would, every time.
0 Replies

WBYeats

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 10:54 pm
Thank you~~
0 Replies