Trivia about Kepler-186f.

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 04:47 am
So I hear that there is a habitable planet that has been discovered, Kepler-186f. NASA says it to be of a distance of 500 light years away. Some of you may have heard of the light speed time travel theory, where you could look back upon Earth from a planet of 15 light years away and see yourself 15 years earlier.

Using this theory, NASA has photos of this planet; or CGI, 500 years into its past, so if there is a developed life living upon that planet, we would not be able to know their exact state, id est technological, evolutionary, ect.

I just thought I'd get you people thinking. Smile

FN-I: This has no real point, make out what you take in; id est hence why I am on a trivia forum. Smile

FN-II: I'm new so if this is not the correct type of trivia this community is about, I'm sorry. Razz

-RS
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,471 • Replies: 4
No top replies

contrex

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 05:14 am
@hobbet360,
hobbet360 wrote:
Some of you may have heard of the light speed time travel theory, where you could look back upon Earth from a planet of 15 light years away and see yourself 15 years earlier.

It would take you very much more than 15 years to get to a planet 15 light years away, and you can never get there faster than light, so you could never "see yourself". You'd have trouble picking yourself out from the Moon, which is only 1.282 light seconds away, let alone from somewhere 15 light years away.

0 Replies

hobbet360

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 05:22 am
Even though I stated, take it how you want.

That's not the point. Razz
contrex

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 05:31 am
@hobbet360,
hobbet360 wrote:

Even though I stated, take it how you want.

That's not the point. Razz

So what is the point?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 05:52 pm
@hobbet360,
Kepler really liked cheese on a Ritz.
0 Replies