Strange, but attractive

jora

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 12:04 am
I've been watching this show lately on the sci-fi channel called "cleopatra 2525." It's about these three chicks that battle to save the nearly extinct human race bla bla. Well if you've seen the show you've most likely seen a character named Creegan. He's got bright red hair and heavy makeup and sort of resembles a mad jester (for the time being I've put him up as my avatar to show what he looks like). And the really weird thing is, I find myself thinking he's attractive whenever I see him on screen (first and foremost, he's one of the villains, something I can never resist).

And that got me thinking. Why are some things alluring that are also somewhat repellant on certain levels? Anyone else have a television/movie character (or someone in real life :wink: ) that they find unconventional or strange yet attractive?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 857 • Replies: 4
No top replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 12:44 am
all societies seem to have a fascination with the bizarre; anything that 'stands out will attract attention; the problem is that most often when the initial curiosity wears off, the attention turns decidedly 'negative'.

[mobs don't like oddities!]
0 Replies

jora

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 01:37 am
I guess it is mostly a curiosity thing---something that is so off the wall you can't help but notice it. And perhaps also it calls attention to those things inside us that want to "escape" and be explored. The strange and sometimes dark thoughts and tendencies we all have.
0 Replies

jora

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 02:51 am
(the picture of this "strange but attractive" guy is not my avatar anymore, just in case you read my message, look at my picture, and say Shocked "what the hell?" Shocked Just lettin' ya know)
0 Replies

thehusband

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 06:10 am
I was strangely attracted to Marla Singer from Fight Club. Even though she is a filthy, depressed and screwed up character in the movie, there is still something very sexy about her.
0 Replies