is there any hope for this relationship?

chiclot

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 10:51 am
I started dating a guy about 6 month ago. we hung out every chance we got and had a great time and grew very close. he introduced me to his family and friends and i did the same. Later I discovered he had not cleanly broken up with his ex, even tho they were not talking anymore (they seemed to have stopped talking about 9 weeks before him and i started dating). To date though, his twitter profile picture is a pic of him and her. I asked him about her when we were 2 month into the relationship, he said she meant nothing and he would change the twitter picture. three month into our relationship he went to work in another continent for a few month. so we basically switched to whatsapp texting as our main source of communication. we were texting each other constantly, day and night. we kept each other posted on our lives, and even helped each other make big decisions. 5 month into the relationship the twitter picture hadn't been removed, so i asked him again about him and his ex and he said he would remove the picture. he then quickly changed the subject. after that he went cold on me, not texting at all. 2 days later i texted him asking if he wanted us to continue dating and he said he did, he had just been busy. after that he was texting me as we normally did, but i was cold to him, giving him one word answers and replying his messages hours later. this went on for a week. then we spoke about it, i apologised and told him the twitter prof pic was really making me uncomfortable. he said he would change it and the ex meant nothing to him. he re affirmed his love for me, claiming it would never change. i told him the same. the next day we texted general stuff, like all was ok. then suddenly after that he stopped replying my texts yet he was evidently online. i then stopped texting him too. so basically its been 2 weeks since we have had a decent conversation. he texts me once every 3 days saying hi. but i dont reply him at all. i really like this guy, we have had a great relationship, with so much meaning. but i don't understand his 'ignoring acts' and the fact that the ex is still on his twitter profile picture. do you think i have any future with this guy or should i just leave him to wallow in his confusion of whether he wants me or his ex?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 628 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 10:59 am
@chiclot,
The future seems very cloudy. I would never suggest an ultimatum and never from a long-distance scenario, but his actions prove he's not good for his word.

He's either a player or confused. Regardless, either way the person to whom you think you're relating and the actual man are not the same one. He's lying to you, himself and/or all parties concerned.

Frankly, I'd break it off if it were me. Long distance romance is a tough strain even on the strongest relationships - much less to one that was on questionable grounds to begin with.

He's not being honest.

Q: Why should he have delayed removal of those Twitter pics?
A: Because he's lying to you AND her.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 11:27 am
@Ragman,
I agree with Ragman, I would redirect my focus away from this guy. Don't allow yourself to be duped.
0 Replies

chiclot

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 01:20 pm
@Ragman,
Thank you for your response. So indeed I will let him pass me by
Ragman

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 03:11 pm
@chiclot,
I wish you the best of luck. Your decision is a tough one but I feel that in time you'll find it is for the best.
0 Replies