Is he interested in me? I really don't want to get involved too much...

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 09:34 am
Recently, I've been drinking a lot of coffee at my favourite cafe on my free time with my colleagues. Apparently, this barista guy caught my eye, I saw him a few times when I go to work, but I didn't say 'Hi'

Shockingly, one day went he served my drink and was one on one with him, he mention my name with the drinks name together. And repeat my name once more. I was so amused and wondering how he know my name, and furthermore I didn't even introduce or tell my name before.

The next week when I was alone getting my coffee, he and his accomplice was at the counter when I was collecting my drink. His accomplice mention my name again. I asked his accomplice how he know my name and the barista guy mention that his friend is a stalker.

It is so funny that he only speaks when I'm alone and not around my friends.

Today at the the coffee workshop, he was our trainer, and he didn't even look at me when he was answering my questions, however looking normally with eye contact with other students in the class.

What do you say? Is he interested or not?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 776 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 11:39 am
@InHeaven,
Highly doubtful. Service people are paid to be friendly and to do things like say customer's names. Many of them are trained to listen for names (you could have gone into the coffee shop with a friend who said your name - months ago, for example), and then repeat them back to customers as a means of establishing rapport. Maintaining eye contact is another way to establish rapport.

As for him not just looking at you when he was speaking to a group, that's pretty standard presentation behavior - you're supposed to glance at everyone at least once so that they feel included.
0 Replies