Wanted to break with her few days ago but now not sure

beno52

Reply Tue 6 May, 2014 10:23 am
I'm 25 years old, I don't have much experience in dating and didn't date plenty of girls and I'm having quite a problem finding girls who would date me. And I'm desperate about not being alone..I'm dating a girl for 2 months, never met someone like her. she's given EVERYTHING into the relationship and it's something I've never seen. she is doing everything I want and care for me and ready to listen to me whenever Im feeling bad.. she's not ugly for me but not VERY physically attractive and I didn't have feelings for her. I don't know if i can find someone else like her. we broke up 4 days ago but now Im feeling the loss and crying sometimes and I can't see her going with other guys and returning to her life, and can't really imagine things without her. because I wonder where I would find a girl who would listen to me and care about me like she does. What should I do? I'm in a situation where I wanted to leave her 4 days ago, now I can't, and I also can't still promise her I'll be with her forever - because it can just might repeat itself again in the future and then I would break her heart even more. Because I don't have much experience in common dating situations and I don't know what the future will hold for me, I'm also feeling like I can't make the decision.. I'm asking here.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 500 • Replies: 4
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 6 May, 2014 02:22 pm
@beno52,
Quote:
she's not ugly for me but not VERY physically attractive
She could probably say the same about you.

Look, you enjoyed her company but for whatever reason you are diffident about staying with her long term, which probably means you won't. Do both you and her a favor and just walk away. MAYBE, talk to her and explain that you would very much like to be friends but that you just don't see anything romantic between the two of you and if she agrees to keeping it platonic, then great. You have a good friend. Of course, you will need to make sure you don't do anything to lead her to believe it is moving past the platonic stage and that may be tough.
farmerman

Reply Tue 6 May, 2014 02:53 pm
@CoastalRat,
sounds like he needs to learn the big secret about women. ITS NEVER ABOUT YOU, ITS ALL ABOUT THEM. Soon s you cn live with that you will have them all over you. 25 is not to old to start.

2nd rule is that the breaker -upper is always the one who takes longest to heal. The breakee gets over it as quickly as the initial hurt calms down. (2 weeks tops).
In my life Id been dumped more than your weekly trash and I can remember most of them fondly but not with any desire to rekindle with anyone.

Be of good cheer and try to think of the girl nd not you..
Trollpatrol

Reply Tue 6 May, 2014 02:58 pm
Skip women for now, get psycho therapy, and ask the therapist these questions. Sounds to me like you want a woman to fix you, but that ain't gonna happen.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 6 May, 2014 03:36 pm
@farmerman,
Um. I think both people are most engaged in their takes on things, even when still caring and trying to see the other side. I've had a few hard times romance wise but have been able to look back at some of the whys in our stories - most cases, no one's fault.

Hey, I should add this as one of the plusses in the benefits of aging thread.
0 Replies