Covert thought reading ?

princ3

Thu 1 May, 2014 05:46 pm
Could you be implanted covertly with carbon nanotube electrodes or some other kind of neuroimaging technique for instance like EcoG electrodes invasivly inside your brain for mapping your brain activity again covertly and wiressly untill you live ordinary life and postfactum translating recorded patterns via BCI,connecting the neuroimaging results from covert scaning with video tapes of your daily actions and all that leading to real mind reading that has a power to reveal your deepest thoughts. And all this stuff without your permission and knowledge, covertly done by some agency or powrfull evil institution or genius?

I expect that the answer would be probably NO, but I need scientific explanation of the physical and technical problems,limitations and constraints of current most advanced tehnologies wich prevent our brains from this undesirable scenario and remain our thought privacy unsoiled ?

The question is important for me because I have a sister. She is a kind of paranoid about this scenario and I try to help her explaining in scientific way why her fears are groundless but my knowledge about a problem is still insufficient. So I need your support.

Thank you !
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,031 • Replies: 10
Topic Closed
No top replies

jespah

Thu 1 May, 2014 06:49 pm
@princ3,
Here's an explanation, but it's probably not of the sort you're looking for.

If any of that stuff exists - highly, highly doubtful - then it is, by definition, expensive and difficult to create, manage, maintain and hide. And so if it does exist - and I'm sure it does not - but if stuff like this is ever invented, your sister will never be a candidate for such a treatment unless she becomes President of the United States or an international assassin.
0 Replies

Ragman

Thu 1 May, 2014 08:29 pm
@princ3,
If there's no common sense in the first place, then there's no use to explain or even start. Do you even know what a carbon nanotube electrode is? Have you seen one? Know anyone with one implanted? Ever see an alien?

This is just plain dumb - beyond dumb!
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Thu 1 May, 2014 08:40 pm
Quote:
Prince said: could you be implanted covertly with carbon nanotube electrodes or some other kind of neuroimaging technique... I have a sister. She is a kind of paranoid about this scenario

Yup, she's paranoid, you said so yourself!
Ask her why the hell she thinks she's so important that people would want to momitor her brainwaves?
Personally, if anybody wanted to monitor me I couldn't care less..Smile
0 Replies

princ3

Sun 4 May, 2014 11:18 am
all of you don't give satisfactoy answer.No science,no arguments,only general logical conclusions.
0 Replies

void123

Sun 4 May, 2014 11:36 am
@princ3,
pills that alter the way u think and behave
0 Replies

jespah

Sun 4 May, 2014 03:34 pm
@princ3,
Here's your technical and scientific explanation - putting stuff into people's brains involves surgery and hospital stays. And someone would notice if there were a bunch of hospital stays for brain surgery with no diagnoses of stroke, brain cancer, head trauma, etc. There would be papers on this (scientific and regular old news). There aren't - and there's your social science proof (you never specified the type of science).

This crap does not exist. It is a paranoid fantasy of hers, nothing more.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sun 4 May, 2014 03:36 pm
The Bible says Satan likes to get into our heads to sift our thoughts and pick up on any character flaws so that he can make them flare up out of all proportion and bend our will to his so that we become his puppets and ventriloquists dummies.
Christians know that and are therefore better able to defend against his probing, but atheists have got no defence and they're easy meat for him..

"Report Mr. Spock!"
"We're being probed by a Satan-class starship"

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Spock_science_station_zpsc58274f8.jpg~original
0 Replies

princ3

Mon 5 May, 2014 06:04 am
She is afraid that the traces of that kind of surgery could be erased after the surgery with some plasticity.And after it she should be send back home.
jespah

Mon 5 May, 2014 09:30 am
@princ3,
I have had plastic surgery. Like every other surgery, it leaves scarring and requires a recovery period. The myth of scarless and recovery time-free plastic surgery has been cooked up by Hollywood.
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 5 May, 2014 11:42 am
I wears a tinfoil chapeau so that sh*t won't happen to me!
0 Replies