Voting Nader In the Upcoming Election Is Immoral and Naive

mporter

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 01:14 am
Perhaps we do have a corrupt two party system!

Perhaps we should have more parties involved in our elections!

Perhaps it would be a good thing if we had eight or nine parties which gathered from 7 to15 % of the votes respectively!

Perhaps we should have a party system like the one which has been set up in Italy since the end of World War II!

Any takers??
0 Replies

Cephus

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 12:40 pm
mporter wrote:
Perhaps we do have a corrupt two party system!

Perhaps we should have more parties involved in our elections?

Sure, then instead of having a corrupt two-party system, we could have a corrupt four-party system.

Sounds like an improvement to me.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 05:06 am
My origional comments about Kerry made a point that I was dubious about his electability - The one reason most people gave for supporting him. Well, if he is so electable, why do you need to rob Nader's votes?
0 Replies

fairandbalanced

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 08:07 am
You guys really shouldn't worry about Nader. In 2000, Nader only got in 43 states with only 2.7 percent of the vote. This was also during the time when Nader was at his peak of popularity across the country. My guess is that Nader will get about one percent of the vote this year or less. That is if he doesn't leave the race before the election. Very Happy

Anyway, here is an interesting bit of info I read from CBS News concerning Nader's secret Vice Presidential deal with Howard Dean. You have to read it.

Quote:

To read the full article go to my link here. The above CBS News excerpt is at the bottom of the article.

CBS News Link- Look At The Very Bottom of the Article
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2004 07:55 pm
The latest polls are as expected. From www.pollingreport.com:

Quote:
"Suppose the 2004 election for president were being held today, and you had to choose between George W. Bush, the Republican, John Kerry, the Democrat, and Ralph Nader -- for whom would you vote?" .

George W. Bush - 45%

John Kerry - 47%

Ralph Nader - 4%

Kerry holds on to a tenuous lead over Bush while Nader's support dwindles as the election nears. Compare these results with the results from a month ago:

Quote:
6/2-4/04: "Now suppose the 2004 election for president were being held today, and you had to choose between George W. Bush, the Republican, John Kerry, the Democrat, and Ralph Nader, running as an independent -- for whom would you vote?" If undecided: "Even if you haven't made up you mind yet, do you lean more toward supporting Bush, Kerry, or Nader?"

George Bush - 48%

John Kerry - 43%

Ralph Nader - 6%

The conventional wisdom - that Naders support will wither away as we get closer to the election - has be borne out. Delusions of Nader grabbing 8-10% of the electorate have proven unfounded. However, Nader remains a serious threat because he is snatching roughly 2-3 percentage points from John Kerry.

Have any of the Nader supporters in this thread changed thier minds?
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 07:55 am
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 08:07 am
Now that made me smile.
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 01:54 am
Letty wrote:
Now that made me smile.

You are not alone. IronLionZion has that effect on all women.
0 Replies