Hillary for Pres.

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 11:57 am
McGentrix wrote:
She had eight years to do something. She had eight years to make a difference in regards to education, health and women's issues...you know what she did? Nothing.

McGentrix wrote:
She's been a senator for 8 years already

Clinton was elected to the senate on November 7, 2000, and took office on January 3, 2001. She has, therefore, been senator for a little more than three years.

But I'm sure, McG, that for you it feels like eight years.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 12:03 pm
Joe Question
0 Replies

buffytheslayer

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 08:18 pm
I would not want to vote for her and doubt seriously she'll ever throw her hat in the presidential ring. Why put herself through that torture all over again? She's set now. She has her career in the Senate, where she has become widely respected by both parties (Republicans are on the record for their praise in her diligence and professionalism) and Bill gets to live his life.

Yeah, they're still married and I think in a weird codependent way they 'love' each other. But not in a companionship romantic way and now they both have the best of both worlds.

I find her to be a bit bull in a china shop ... thus, let her be all the NY Senator she can be.

I believe the first female president will come in my lifetime, but she will have been born (probably) in the 1960s.
0 Replies