The Mechanical Gynecologist

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 09:53 am
A gynecologist had become fed up with malpractice insurance and was
on the verge of being burnt out. Hoping to try another career where skillful hands would be beneficial, he decided to change careers and become a mechanic.

He found out from the local technical college what was involved, signed
up for evening classes, attended diligently, and learned all he could.

When the time for the practical exam approached, the gynecologist prepared carefully for weeks, and completed the exam with tremendous
skill. When the results came back, he was surprised to find that he had
obtained a score of 150%.

Fearing an error, he called the instructor, saying "I don't want toappear
ungrateful for such an outstanding result, but I wondered if there
had been an error which needed adjusting."

The instructor said, "During the exam, you took the engine apart perfectly, which was worth 50% of the total mark. You put the engine back together again perfectly, which is also worth 50% of the mark." The instructor went on to say, " I gave you an extra 50% because you did all of it through the muffler.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 655 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 10:29 am
Reminds me of the one that goes something like this:

A proctologist is sick of the hassles of medical practice, and decides to retire. He has enough money that he doesn't have to work, but he wants to stay busy. He decides to become an auto mechanic. He enrolls in a repair course. At the end of the course he gets a letter from the teacher saying that he is the first student ever to get a grade of 150% on the final exam. He calls the teacher for an explanation of why his grade was the best ever. The teacher says "You disassembled the engine quickly and efficiently--that was 50%. You reassembled it quickly and it started immediately--that was another 50%. The final extra 50% was because you were the first student to do it through the tailpipe.
0 Replies

kev

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 03:30 pm
This (true) story has been bent out of all proportion, this actually happened near Leeds University in 1970, when a trainee gynocologist wanted to help a girlfriend out of a "difficult situation" she was unresponsive to his proposal, and locked him out of the apartment they shared, his skill enabled him to perform an abortion through the letterbox of their front door.
0 Replies