How should I deal with bff that ditches me but at the same time not really

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2014 07:06 pm
So my best friend now is always ditching me for other friends. I feel left out but at the same time she doesn't ditch me completely.
It's like every morning, she will hang out with the other friends and when i come, she will say hello and then ignore me and when I try to get into their conversation, they all seem to ignore me. Her other friends are my friends too but we are just not that close . Anyway, when I try to talk in that "group", they seemed to ignore me and my best friend kinda follow what they do. She only hang out with me because she has to (like there aren't anyone else) but if not, she will just go to other people and talk and left me out.
When I tell her all this and how I feel, she'll either say "ohh I'm not abandoning you, what are you talking about, you're thinking too far"
or she'll say "what? i can't socialize with other people ? "
How should I deal with this ?
Should I try to be more sociable and join the group and hope that one day they can finally "treat me well" or should I forget all of them ? But for the last option, it's kind of hard because there are a few months left before graduating so it's very hard to make new friends.
And plus, I can't loose my best friend, at least that's how I think, like we'll be always best friend and no ditch and all but for her, i have no idea. She always tell me" Oh i won't ditch you" or sth like that but her actions seem to be the opposite.
What should I do ?
Help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,063 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2014 07:28 pm
@thisisyiyi,
You're not married to her, nor is she to you. She clearly spends time with other people. You might want to try to do the same at times.
thisisyiyi

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2014 07:46 pm
@jespah,
Yes you are totally right, she clearly needs to, as she said, socialize with other people. I do that too of course, but whenever I talk to other people and she's next to me, I try to "add her" in the conversation so that she doesn't feel left out and alone but why can't she do the same for me ? She seems ignoring my presence when there are other people.
And idk how I can try to do the same to her, like if I do the same, then clearly she'll misunderstand and will just ignore me MORE. So if I want to maintain our friendship, I can't do that but it's just so frustrating!
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2014 09:33 pm
@thisisyiyi,
It sounds like the friendship has become one-sided. Maybe she just isn't that into you and is too nice to just come out and say so.

0 Replies

anonymously99

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2014 08:14 am
@thisisyiyi,
Quote:

I sometimes feel I want to address you as an idiot thisisyiyi.
0 Replies