Got confused by this post

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 08:59 am
The post:

Not to bust chops with you....

But are you sure you don't have Daddy Issues.

These guys are pure Trolls and never contribute anything more than insults and one line jabs. But hey then, thats OK with me if you look up to the 'SCA' 'CV' and 'StrokingOff' for their type of insecure male egos.

(4) one line jabs = straight and blunt jabs?
(5) "SCA"? "CV"? Stroking Off?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 494 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 10:29 am
This post is not well written. As a native speaker I don't get it.

1- Bust your chop is to insult or criticize someone in a mocking or humurous way.

2. ??? This is not an idiom. You could take it literally. It means issues with being a father?

3- A Troll is a large dim-witted monster (similar to an ogre).

4- In boxing a jab is a quick punch that is not too powerful. Here it refers to a quick insult. The "one-line" means that the insult was typed on one line.

5- The only SCA I am aware of is the Society for Creative Anachronism. The writer may be using them as an example of a group of strange people. I don't now what CV or StrokingOff are in this context. "Stroking off" sounds like a rude term for masturbation.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 10:36 am
"Daddy issues" is a term used to describe people who have psychological issues with their fathers, most often involving a pathological need to be like their fathers, and to please them. SCA and CV confuse me as well. SCA I have no clue about, and the only time I have seen CV is as a short term for 'curriculum vitae', which is just fancy Latin for 'resume', or work history.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 11:13 pm
Thank you both. Smile
0 Replies