U.S. Soldiers Rode Elderly Iraqi Woman Like a Donkey

infowarrior

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 08:07 am
What I find particularly interesting here is the reluctance of many on the far right to believe this story. Even though it broken on AP (Associated Press) and by a veteran reporter.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 08:23 am
infowarrior wrote:
What I find particularly interesting here is the reluctance of many on the far right to believe this story. Even though it broken on AP (Associated Press) and by a veteran reporter.

I don't know how far right you would consider me, but I don't know whether to believe it or not. The story itself seems a bit fishy what with this Ann Clwyd saying she considers the matter closed just because the woman got her papers and jewelry back. If it had any truth to it, I would think she would be clamoring to identify the personnel who did this. I sure would like to see them prosecuted for it if it actually happened.

As for Yahoo pulling the link, maybe they decided this story is not overly credible until more info comes out. I don't know, but that is just as plausible as the WH putting pressure on them to pull it. I mean, if that were the case, why does the WH not put pressure on the other sites that have the story in order to get them to pull it? Sometimes I think too many here see conspiracies where none exist.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 08:35 am
What bothers me is that if this story gains wide circulation and acceptance and then turns out to be false it will be used to discredit the worlds reaction to the outrageous abuse that has occurred. This wide ranging and systematic abuse is so serious that we should at this time stick to what we absolutely know.
0 Replies

yilmaz101

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 09:23 am
coastal rat the yahoo link works fine, here give it a try

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=518&u=/ap/20040505/ap_on_re_eu/britain_iraq_us_prisoner_abuse&printer=1
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 09:28 am

I didn't try looking for it. I was responding to what Dee said when she made the following statement: "I don't know why yahoo pulled the link to the story. Maybe the WH brought pressure to bear upon them, a la Disney?"

If they did not pull the link, then I guess she just made up her statement to try to make it look like the Bush WH is trying to suppress info. So I will stand corrected. The link is still there and Dee is making purposely false statements.
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 10:04 am
It looks and sounds to me that because the source of this story was British and not American, the gist of the facts as reported, as immediately suspect.

Just as the source of the British journalist who first broke and published the Iraqi prisoner torture photos were labelled by many as "suspect," "doctored," and even, "faked."
0 Replies

Deecups36

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 02:59 pm
hi yilmaz- Thanks for posting the Yahoo link. I don't know why my link didn't work, but your link is just peachy!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 03:09 pm
Well, thank goodness they didn't ride her like an elephant. The implications are astounding.
0 Replies

saintsfanbrian

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 03:19 pm
And of course George W. Bush is in Iraq, telling these 10 to 20 soldiers exactly what to do. If I am wrong some one tell me but I thought we had generals, and colonels, and majors, and captains, and leutenants and sargeants and several qualified people over there that are actually "calling the shots" and have you not heard of Prison gaurds here in America doing the same thing.
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 03:42 pm
After I get past the pure evil of these acts, I become practical and wonder how it is the US military personnel who placed a harness on an old Iraqi lady and rode her like a donkey, and the other team of Red, White and Blue whackos who tortured Iraqi prisoners with electrodes and chemical bottles up the you know what, managed to have so much free time on their hands?

When I was in the Army, I was pretty much busy from morning to night and then too tired at the end of the day to play sicko sex and torture games.

I just don't understand what they're doing over there.
0 Replies