U.S. Soldiers Rode Elderly Iraqi Woman Like a Donkey

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 06:45 am
This is your military under the command of George W. Bush at work in Iraq bringing democracy to the oppressed.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,572 • Replies: 29
No top replies

greenumbrella

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 06:55 am
My God, is this the 21st century, or a page taken from Caligula?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 06:57 am
As much as these horrendous tales convince me that my opinion of this US administration is the correct one-they're Nazi war criminals, I'm not going to read any more of them. They just disgust me too much.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 07:13 am
Rumsfeld and Cheney probably took turns while Bush took pictures. Rolling Eyes

You act like they ordered things like this to happen. I treid finding more information about this and it appears none of the other news sources have picked up this story yet. If it's true it will be interesting so see what happens.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 07:22 am
page expired?
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 07:26 am
[quote="McGentrix"]Rumsfeld and Cheney probably took turns while Bush took pictures. Rolling Eyes [/quote]

I am certain that the President would never take part in such obscene acts. Besides, everyone knows that, when Governor of Texas, his favorite hobby was executing people. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 07:33 am
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 08:12 am
I Googled the article and found it quite easily.

http://www.boston.com/dailynews/126/world/British_official_tells_of_elde:.shtml

http://www.nola.com/iraq/index.ssf?/newsflash/get_story.ssf?/cgi-free/getstory_ssf.cgi?a0675_BC_Britain-Iraq-US-Priso&&news&emergency

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/hi/news/5026268.html

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,9483667%255E1702,00.html

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/apeurope_story.asp?category=1103&slug=Britain%20Iraq%20US%20Prisoner%20Abuse

It's quite clear that Bush's credibility of his occupation force is in tatters and this horrific story of abuse targeting a 70 year old woman, just drives another nail in his political coffin.

I am sickened and appalled at this latest chapter of George "aWol" Bush's excellent Iraqi adventure. Yet, Bush has the audacity to ask for another $25 billion for this mess?

Enough is enough. Bush has got to go. At this point, I don't much care who gets elected in November as long as it isn't Bush.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 08:31 am
This claim is weak. It is an AP report, the source of which is Ann Clwyd, Prime Minister Tony Blair's personal human rights envoy to Iraq. Clwyd claims to have "questioned everyone she could about the woman's claims. But she did not say whether the people questioned included U.S. forces or commanders". She believed the claims were true but "didn't want to harp on the case because as far as I'm concerned it's been resolved." There are sufficient well documented (pictures) horrific acts of torture and humiliation to make the charges of abuse and an out of control occupation stick without throwing this into the mix.
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 10:29 am
From the article:

Clwyd, 67, is a veteran politician of the governing Labour Party and a strong Blair supporter who regularly visits Iraq and reports back on issues such as human rights, the delivery of food and medical supplies to Iraqis, and Iraq's Kurdish minority. Her job as Blair's human rights envoy is unpaid and advisory.

Doesn't sound to me like Clwyd has an agenda. In fact, she's a Blair insider.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 11:04 am
I don't think she has an agenda either. I think her name as been connected with a story, the credibility of which she cannot prove, and she is backing away from it. "didn't want to harp on it"
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 11:10 am
Maybe.

From the article:

"I am satisfied the case has now been resolved satisfactorily," the envoy told British Broadcasting Corp. radio Wednesday. "She got a visit last week from the authorities, and she is about to have her papers and jewelry returned to her."

Which could also mean an investigation is underway. As well there should be, IMHO.
0 Replies

Deecups36

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 02:45 pm
I don't know why yahoo pulled the link to the story. Maybe the WH brought pressure to bear upon them, a la Disney?

Anyway, I'm glad infowarrior found a half dozen other links to the very same story and was kind enough to post them.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 05:52 pm
John Webb wrote:
[quote="McGentrix"]Rumsfeld and Cheney probably took turns while Bush took pictures. Rolling Eyes

I am certain that the President would never take part in such obscene acts. Besides, everyone knows that, when Governor of Texas, his favorite hobby was executing people. Twisted Evil [/b][/quote]

Hey! You make it sound like executing people is a bad thing. Mark Russell in his last "Comedy Special" said that Texans live for football, barbecue, and lethal injection.
0 Replies

mporter

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 06:22 pm
But the barbarism involved in riding a woman like a donkey, if true, and it appears to be, is nothing when compared to the horrendous acts allowed by the inattention of Bush and Rumsfeld to the horrific treatment of Iraqi prisoners. It is clear that Bush and Rumsfeld know very little about Islam. The devout Muslim is aware that one of the most humiliating and debasing things that can be done to a fellow Muslim is to strip him naked and force him to engage in simulated homosexual acts. The ignorance of the Bush administration is appalling.
0 Replies

Deecups36

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 10:01 pm
This is the third thread mporter said this about homosexuality. I wonder if the topic of a thread is, let's say, funding military retirement benefits, if he'd tried to work in homosexuality? Curious.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 06:23 am
I think, if this is true, it is just as bad as the other things. Try to imagine it was your own grandmother being rode like a donkey. Mine passed away two years ago. But I could just imagine something like happening to her, she would have never have gotten over it. These stories are just too bizarre and disgusting for words. If the American people had any backbone at all they would begin the have huge protest marches all over the country in every single place that Bush or Bush supporters ever show up in. We need to have a sixties style revolutin (?spell) with people willing to go to jail again for a just cause.
0 Replies

greenumbrella

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 07:21 am
Perhaps the most disturbing chapter ns an already disturbing epoch of American history.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 07:25 am
Yes, freeing an oppressed society from the clutches of a madman and making the world safer from WMD's is a most disturbing epoch... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 07:32 am
Well, at lease you didn't mention "no more torture chambers or rape rooms", because we sure didn't do a very good job of getting rid of those...

Is Rusty still sticking to his 'hazing' take?

Fatbaugh must be back on the blue babies...
0 Replies