Every Post I Make.....

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 03:19 pm
no matter the subject, someone comes along and votes it down. I'm not annoyed or angry though, I feel sorry for this person. They're obviously bitter and angry themselves. I'm going to speculate that their mother was so busy in the back of their mobile home entertaining one of their many "Uncles", that this person never received kindness or love. A shame, really.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 14 • Views: 3,619 • Replies: 42

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 03:27 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

no matter the subject, someone comes along and votes it down. I'm not annoyed or angry though, I feel sorry for this person. They're obviously bitter and angry themselves. I'm going to speculate that their mother was so busy in the back of their mobile home entertaining one of their many "Uncles", that this person never received kindness or love. A shame, really.

Bear...maybe there is at least one person who uses the New Posts lists...and wants to reduce the threads you write...which, as I understand it, requires a down vote.

I think the vote up and down feature is the biggest crock of crap ever invented. It bothers some people...and causes discomfort. And it may be just someone who instinctively votes new threads down if he/she wants not to see them in the stream.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 03:29 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
"One man's brother is the same man's uncle."

I vote. Early and often.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 03:50 pm
@Frank Apisa,
it doesn't really matter to me Frank. I've never voted a thread up or down. I simply don't give a ****
chai2

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 03:59 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
It doesn't bother me when people do that to me either. Except when I've typed something totally neutral that couldn't possibly be taken particular way.

Its weird.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 04:06 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Throb please don't take it as contempt or incivility as some of us use this facility simply to remove the entry from a listing not because we don't like it but because not interested

Yes there ought to be a better way
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 04:16 pm
I just like to aggravate. It's a character flaw Mr. Green
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 04:21 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,

it doesn't really matter to me Frank. I've never voted a thread up or down. I simply don't give a ****

I think I once voted a post UP...never have voted one down...and I do not look to see about voting on my posts or threads.

A2K would become a better place if that item were removed, because apparently there are people who are bothered by it. And apparently there are others who just use the DOWN vote to annoy.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 04:22 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,

I just like to aggravate. It's a character flaw Mr. Green

Uh oh. Doing that is a flaw???

Damn!
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 06:01 pm
Romeo says he likes to be voted down; that's why I never do it to him.

Come to think of it I never do it to anybody else, except to vote something up. I like to give Frank a mercy vote when somebody thumbs him down, for example.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 06:45 pm
I will, for a nominal fee, follow your posts around and vote them up. Cool
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 06:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
That sounds like a deal Edgar, because my entire self esteem is tied up in the approval of a couple of internet spooks Laughing
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 06:52 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I know coldsore will be appreciative of my effort.
hingehead

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 06:54 pm
I've noticed lately that someone has been voting down all Osso Buco's posts regardless of how innocuous the content. I vote them back up. People are weird.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 07:00 pm
@hingehead,
Yep. A friend is sure who it is, probably right. Waste of time on that person's part though.
chai2

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 07:42 pm
@hingehead,
I'll vote a post back up too hingehead, if I see there's nothing wrong with it.

I've voted back up posts that say something like "thanks for explaining"
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 09:43 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:
Romeo says he likes to be voted down --

He does, eh? (Martyr complex, perhaps?) Well, I'm not gonna let him enjoy it! Just to be spiteful, I'm going to start thumbing all his posts up. Twisted Evil Razz Mr. Green

(Unless, of course, he posts way too many for me to have time to deal with.)

Edit: On second thought . . . Uh, I just checked the list of his recent posts. He posts way too often for me to bother with him! Way too much! I just don't have the time to keep up with such a prolific poster! Besides, I'm tired as I type this because it's the end of the day and I don't sleep well. (Doesn't he have anything else better to do?) So, . . .
http://wildonewithin.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/emily-litella.jpg?w=420&h=320

0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 09:44 pm
@ossobuco,
I'll vote for ya, osso! Smile

Unless you post too often, of course! Mr. Green
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 09:58 pm
@neologist,
Frank's a good guy (and so are you)! He deserves lotsa votes up! Smile
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 02:04 am
There is at least one, and probably more, member who comes around at certain times of day and votes down posts and threads right and left. Who knows why. More importantly, though, who cares?