I have Bad sister in law

badsil

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 09:03 pm
I'm kinda confused. Should I keep any kind of relation with my sister in law? She is very arrogant and disrespect her brother (my husband) She is 52 yrs and 6 yrs elder than her brother. She never talk to me and my kids. Recently my father in law had heart surgery and they had to spent money on them which is nearly 10 lakhs .We are going to contribute money and we always provide monthly expense to my in laws. Now question is my in laws are going to divide their properties among daughters (2 daughters) and not to son. I'm feeling bad. My mother in law keeps relation with her son but her daughters says that don't keep relation with them since they are not taking care physically as we stay abroad and can't run whenever they need support. Still should we contribute the money regardless we get property or not. We have to take care of kids and they are now young enough like paying college money. We have lot of overburden. I'm visiting India after 6 years but my SIL is not welcoming and not keeping any kind of relation and says that don't ever stay at my parents house.Pl. give me some suggestion.
Is it normal if brother and sister doesn't have any kind of relation? My kids doesn't know who is daddy's sister neither their kids. They have only 1 daughter to each and grown up. Anybody has this kind of experience? Pl. help me how to handle this situation.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,227 • Replies: 2
No top replies

anonymously99

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 11:14 pm
@badsil,
Accept and move on.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2014 05:41 am
@badsil,
What is normal for others in terms of inlaw relationships does not necessarily apply to you. Don't crowdsource that question. What other people do is not going to apply for the most part.

Instead, consider your motivations. What I am reading from your post is that you are holding back on helping out with finances because your husband's sisters are going to get inheritance that you are not going to get - and that is already established. Plus you have young children to feed.

If I were you, I would hold onto my own money for my own kids yet remain as respectful as possible. Visit India as you would like to. Stay where you are invited. If your husband's sisters don't invite you, stay nearby and have coffee or something and don't give them a second thought. And then when you go home you can hold your head up as having been the bigger person. You don't need to spend a lot of time with them, and then it will be done and you can move on with your life.
0 Replies