mold allergy and visiting an allergist

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 02:47 pm
I have an obvious allergy to mold. I'm wondering if a trip to an allergist could help. I've never been to one, and I don't know if it would be worth the money.

Any info?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 671 • Replies: 3
No top replies

mac11

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 02:50 pm
LRRH, my allergies are completely under control thanks to medications. I used to go to the emergency room 4-6 times per year with asthma attacks, and haven't had one in over 8 years. I say go see a doctor, it might help!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 03:12 pm
L.R.R.Hood- An allergist could confirm what you suspect, and give you a prescription that might improve things. But the most important thing is to restrict your exposure to the stuff.

One of the worst offenders, in the case of mold, is your shower head. The mold coats the inside of the head, and them is sent out into the air as a fine mist with the water. My MD advised me to remove the head every once in awhile, and soak it in Clorox & water. The same thing with your faucets. You obviously can't remove them, but you can clean the insides the best that you can. Again, a spray bottle with Clorox and water sprayed into the faucet will help.

If you are sensitive to mold, get rid of growing plants inside your house.

This article contains some good information:

http://healthandenergy.com/household_mold_and_illness.htm
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 03:38 pm
Thanks!
0 Replies