Gay Relationship Advice Help - Love or

joex

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2014 09:08 am
Hello,

I have been in a relationship for over a year now, and for a while I have been having a lot of doubts.

We get on really well, and are basically best friends. Although we are close, I fear that we have completely different life aspirations, and goals. I enjoy his company and the time that we spend together, but I sometime doubt our long term connection?

I often get frustrated with his lack of life choices, aspirations, or energy to do anything extra in his life. I often feel my self trying to mold him to be something different, and I know this is wrong and damaging, but I can see my self doing it all the time. We are complete opposites, and even recently, I have found my self getting irritated with certain mannerisms that he has employed when around certain people. He has assured me that the mannerisms are the true him and he is not putting it on.

With my self soon moving away for a year, we will be separated. I don't know if the relationship has a strong enough connection to try and last the year apart. I don't know if I want to put my self through that, or him, but I fear breaking up, as well as the pain of not seeing him ever again.

I feel lost and unsure as to where I am in the relationship? Am I scared of losing him as a friend, rather than the relationship? I have been in relationships before where I quickly get cold feet and break up. This is my longest. I don't know if this is me getting cold feet, or if the relationship is genuinely not for me?

I often flip sides of "I need to break up", to the next day of being happy. I don't know what to do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 529 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2014 10:01 am
@joex,
Sounds like distance is going to break you up either way. Maybe get that out of the way now, and emphasize that you do still care, and you do still want a friendship. Being physically apart could help with that.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2014 03:30 pm
@joex,
You don't know what you want
0 Replies