How to overcome the lifelong feelings of depression and the feelings along with.

anonymously99

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 02:36 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
For the same reason one might consider herbal mood meds instead, for instance, conversion to Christianity or psychotherapy at $100 an hour

Want to live a happy life? I believe Christianity is the way to live.
anonymously99

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 03:52 pm
@anonymously99,
2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (ESV):
So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 04:00 pm
@anonymously99,
Quote:
Want to live a happy life? I believe Christianity is the way to live.
Anon, at risk of repetition, do you know for sure that there is more happiness in Christianity, and if so how
anonymously99

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 06:44 pm
@dalehileman,
Jesus said, "My judgment is fair". (John 5: 30)

Psalm 7

David showed what he felt.  He sang to the LORD because of what Cush said.  Cush was from Benjamin.
v1   LORD, my God, I am hiding in you.  Keep me safe from all those (people) that are trying to catch me.  Make me safe,
v2   or he will tear me to pieces as a wild animal would.  He will tear me to pieces and nobody will find me.
v3 - v4   LORD, my God, if I did this: ·  if my hand did something wrong ·  if I did something bad to a friend ·  if I robbed my enemy without a reason
v5   then I want him to catch me.  I want him to knock me to the ground.  I want him to kill and bury me.  SELAH
v6   LORD, get up and how that you are angry.  Fight my angry enemies.  Wake up, my God, and tell us who is right.
v7   I want everybody to stand round you.  Rule over them from above.
v8   LORD, tell us who is right when people argue.  LORD Most High, say that I am righteous and honest.
v9   Stop the godless from fighting. Make the righteous safe.  God of the righteous, look at how we think and feel.
v10   God Most High is a shield over me.  He makes everyone that has a clean heart safe.
v11   God is a righteous judge.  God shows his anger every day.
v12   If he does not change his mind he will make his sword sharp.  He will bend his bow and make it ready.
v13   He will prepare weapons of death for bad people.  He will make ready arrows of fire.
v14   Look! The bad man is pregnant with evil.  He conceives trouble. He gives birth to false ideas.
v15   He digs a hole. He makes it deep.  Then he himself falls into the hole that he has made!
v16   The trouble that he makes for others falls on his own head.  His own violence comes down on the top of himself!
v17   I will thank the LORD because he is righteous.  I will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Word list

weapons ~ another word for arms used to fight with
pregnant ~ you have a baby inside you
conceive ~ have sex to make a baby
violence ~ when you fight people and knock them down

The story of Psalm 7

When David was young he worked for King Saul. Saul was King of Israel 1050 years before Jesus came to earth. Everybody liked David. This made Saul angry. He wanted to kill David. So David ran away from Saul. David lived in the fields and woods and mountains. Saul tried to catch David, but he could not.
David had other enemies. One was Cush. Cush was from the people of Benjamin. They were one of the 12 tribes (or large families) that made up Israel. Cush told Saul, "David wants to kill you". This was not true.Someone told David what Cush had said. This hurt David very much. What David felt is in Psalm 7. The psalm says, "If I want to kill Saul, then Cush must kill me. If I do not want to do it, then Cush must die".In the psalm David asked God to say who is right. God must be the judge. In this psalm judges were not as they are today. Today judges decide if somebody is bad. In the psalms judges gave help to people. They also led the Jews when they fought their enemies. They were political leaders. This means government leaders.
Three kings ruled Israel. They were Saul, David and Solomon. Then Judah and Israel became separate countries. They had a king each. One king ruled Judah and Benjamin; the other king ruled the other 10 tribes.
0 Replies

anonymously99

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 07:34 pm
@anonymously99,
Psalm 4

For the Chief Musician; on stringed instruments. A Psalm by David.
4:1 Answer me when I call, God of my righteousness.Give me relief from my distress.Have mercy on me, and hear my prayer.
4:2 You sons of men, how long shall my glory be turned into dishonor?Will you love vanity, and seek after falsehood?Selah.
4:3 But know that Yahweh has set apart for himself him who is godly:Yahweh will hear when I call to him.
4:4 Stand in awe, and don’t sin.Search your own heart on your bed, and be still.Selah.
4:5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness.Put your trust in Yahweh.
4:6 Many say, “Who will show us any good?”Yahweh, let the light of your face shine on us.
4:7 You have put gladness in my heart,more than when their grain and their new wine are increased.
4:8 In peace I will both lay myself down and sleep,for you, Yahweh alone, make me live in safety.

Psalm 5

For the Chief Musician, with the flutes. A Psalm by David.
5:1 Give ear to my words, Yahweh.Consider my meditation.
5:2 Listen to the voice of my cry, my King and my God;for to you do I pray.
5:3 Yahweh, in the morning you shall hear my voice.In the morning I will lay my requests before you, and will watch expectantly.
5:4 For you are not a God who has pleasure in wickedness.Evil can’t live with you.
5:5 The arrogant shall not stand in your sight.You hate all workers of iniquity.
5:6 You will destroy those who speak lies.Yahweh abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man.
5:7 But as for me, in the abundance of your loving kindness I will come into your house.I will bow toward your holy temple in reverence of you.
5:8 Lead me, Yahweh, in your righteousness because of my enemies.Make your way straight before my face.
5:9 For there is no faithfulness in their mouth.Their heart is destruction.Their throat is an open tomb.They flatter with their tongue.
5:10 Hold them guilty, God.Let them fall by their own counsels;Thrust them out in the multitude of their transgressions,for they have rebelled against you.
5:11 But let all those who take refuge in you rejoice,Let them always shout for joy, because you defend them.Let them also who love your name be joyful in you.
5:12 For you will bless the righteous.Yahweh, you will surround him with favor as with a shield.

Psalm 6

For the Chief Musician; on stringed instruments, upon the eight-stringed lyre. A Psalm by David.
6:1 Yahweh, don’t rebuke me in your anger,neither discipline me in your wrath.
6:2 Have mercy on me, Yahweh, for I am faint.Yahweh, heal me, for my bones are troubled.
6:3 My soul is also in great anguish.But you, Yahweh—how long?
6:4 Return, Yahweh. Deliver my soul,and save me for your loving kindness’ sake.
6:5 For in death there is no memory of you.In Sheol, who shall give you thanks?
6:6 I am weary with my groaning.Every night I flood my bed.I drench my couch with my tears.
6:7 My eye wastes away because of grief.It grows old because of all my adversaries.
6:8 Depart from me, all you workers of iniquity,for Yahweh has heard the voice of my weeping.
6:9 Yahweh has heard my supplication.Yahweh accepts my prayer.
6:10 May all my enemies be ashamed and dismayed.They shall turn back, they shall be disgraced suddenly.

Psalm 7

A meditation by David, which he sang to Yahweh, concerning the words of Cush, the Benjamite.
7:1 Yahweh, my God, I take refuge in you.Save me from all those who pursue me, and deliver me,
7:2 lest they tear apart my soul like a lion,ripping it in pieces, while there is none to deliver.
7:3 Yahweh, my God, if I have done this,if there is iniquity in my hands,
7:4 if I have rewarded evil to him who was at peace with me(yes, if I have delivered him who without cause was my adversary),
7:5 let the enemy pursue my soul, and overtake it;yes, let him tread my life down to the earth,and lay my glory in the dust.Selah.
7:6 Arise, Yahweh, in your anger.Lift up yourself against the rage of my adversaries.Awake for me. You have commanded judgment.
7:7 Let the congregation of the peoples surround you.Rule over them on high.
7:8 Yahweh administers judgment to the peoples.Judge me, Yahweh, according to my righteousness,and to my integrity that is in me.
7:9 Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end,but establish the righteous;their minds and hearts are searched by the righteous God.
7:10 My shield is with God,who saves the upright in heart.
7:11 God is a righteous judge,yes, a God who has indignation every day.
7:12 If a man doesn’t relent, he will sharpen his sword;he has bent and strung his bow.
7:13 He has also prepared for himself the instruments of death.He makes ready his flaming arrows.
7:14 Behold, he travails with iniquity.Yes, he has conceived mischief,and brought forth falsehood.
7:15 He has dug a hole,and has fallen into the pit which he made.
7:16 The trouble he causes shall return to his own head.His violence shall come down on the crown of his own head.
7:17 I will give thanks to Yahweh according to his righteousness,and will sing praise to the name of Yahweh Most High.

Psalm 8

For the Chief Musician; on an instrument of Gath. A Psalm by David.
8:1 Yahweh, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth,who has set your glory above the heavens!
8:2 From the lips of babes and infants you have established strength,because of your adversaries, that you might silence the enemy and the avenger.
8:3 When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers,the moon and the stars, which you have ordained;
8:4 what is man, that you think of him?What is the son of man, that you care for him?
8:5 For you have made him a little lower than God,and crowned him with glory and honor.
8:6 You make him ruler over the works of your hands.You have put all things under his feet:
8:7 All sheep and cattle,yes, and the animals of the field,
8:8 The birds of the sky, the fish of the sea,and whatever passes through the paths of the seas.
8:9 Yahweh, our Lord,how majestic is your name in all the earth!

Psalm 9

For the Chief Musician. Set to “The Death of the Son.” A Psalm by David.
9:1 I will give thanks to Yahweh with my whole heart.I will tell of all your marvelous works.
9:2 I will be glad and rejoice in you.I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.
9:3 When my enemies turn back,they stumble and perish in your presence.
9:4 For you have maintained my just cause.You sit on the throne judging righteously.
9:5 You have rebuked the nations.You have destroyed the wicked.You have blotted out their name forever and ever.
9:6 The enemy is overtaken by endless ruin.The very memory of the cities which you have overthrown has perished.
9:7 But Yahweh reigns forever.He has prepared his throne for judgment.
9:8 He will judge the world in righteousness.He will administer judgment to the peoples in uprightness.
9:9 Yahweh will also be a high tower for the oppressed;a high tower in times of trouble.
9:10 Those who know your name will put their trust in you,for you, Yahweh, have not forsaken those who seek you.
9:11 Sing praises to Yahweh, who dwells in Zion,and declare among the people what he has done.
9:12 For he who avenges blood remembers them.He doesn’t forget the cry of the afflicted.
9:13 Have mercy on me, Yahweh.See my affliction by those who hate me,and lift me up from the gates of death;
9:14 that I may show forth all your praise.In the gates of the daughter of Zion, I will rejoice in your salvation.
9:15 The nations have sunk down in the pit that they made.In the net which they hid, their own foot is taken.
9:16 Yahweh has made himself known.He has executed judgment.The wicked is snared by the work of his own hands.Meditation. Selah.
9:17 The wicked shall be turned back to Sheol,even all the nations that forget God.
9:18 For the needy shall not always be forgotten,nor the hope of the poor perish forever.
9:19 Arise, Yahweh! Don’t let man prevail.Let the nations be judged in your sight.
9:20 Put them in fear, Yahweh.Let the nations know that they are only men.Selah.

Psalm 10

10:1 Why do you stand far off, Yahweh? Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble?
10:2 In arrogance, the wicked hunt down the weak.They are caught in the schemes that they devise.
10:3 For the wicked boasts of his heart’s cravings.He blesses the greedy, and condemns Yahweh.
10:4 The wicked, in the pride of his face,has no room in his thoughts for God.
10:5 His ways are prosperous at all times.He is haughty, and your laws are far from his sight.As for all his adversaries, he sneers at them.
10:6 He says in his heart, “I shall not be shaken.For generations I shall have no trouble.”
10:7 His mouth is full of cursing, deceit, and oppression. Under his tongue is mischief and iniquity.
10:8 He lies in wait near the villages. From ambushes, he murders the innocent. His eyes are secretly set against the helpless.
10:9 He lurks in secret as a lion in his ambush. He lies in wait to catch the helpless. He catches the helpless, when he draws him in his net.
10:10 The helpless are crushed.They collapse. They fall under his strength.
10:11 He says in his heart, “God has forgotten. He hides his face.He will never see it.”
10:12 Arise, Yahweh! God, lift up your hand! Don’t forget the helpless.
10:13 Why does the wicked person condemn God, and say in his heart, “God won’t call me into account?”
10:14 But you do see trouble and grief. You consider it to take it into your hand. You help the victim and the fatherless.
10:15 Break the arm of the wicked.As for the evil man, seek out his wickedness until you find none.
10:16 Yahweh is King forever and ever! The nations will perish out of his land.
10:17 Yahweh, you have heard the desire of the humble. You will prepare their heart. You will cause your ear to hear,
10:18 to judge the fatherless and the oppressed, that man who is of the earth may terrify no more.
anonymously99

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 09:52 pm
@anonymously99,
"Blessed Be Your Name"
Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful 
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name
Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name
Every blessing You pour out 
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be Your glorious name
Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering 
Though there's pain in the offering 
Blessed be Your name
Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be Your name
You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name
anonymously99

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 09:53 pm
@anonymously99,
anonymously99

Fri 4 Apr, 2014 04:32 pm
@anonymously99,
How to Prove to Someone That You Are a Good Soul

Some people may not know the good in you, but there is good in everyone. You know that you are a good soul, but how do you prove it? Here is how you can show people the kind of good person you are.

1Never tell a lie. Of course people won't trust you if you stretch the truth. Therefore, they won't see the good in you either. No matter what the consequence, you have to accept your punishment for what you did. Always remember that people will eventually find out. Liars never prosper.
2Be a kindly person. Don't let your anger get the better of you. Don't un to others. And when people aren't as kind to you as they should be, know that you are a bigger and better person.
3Be open. Don't be shy and greedy. People automatically assume that people who act timid have something to hide. You will be thought of as a good soul if you are open, and kind to everyone.
4Defend yourself. Cowards are not good souls. Though you do defend yourself, never start fights or arguments with others.
5Be thoughtful. Thoughtful people are almost always thought of as kind-hearted souls. Give presents on holidays to friends and family, and put others before yourself.
6Be responsible. Don't drink, drink and drive, cheat, be mean, steal, lie, or any other irresponsible things that people might do. All irresponsible people are thought to be bad souls.
7Do good deeds. You can donate, help local soup kitchens, recycle, all of these deeds and more make you considered to be a generally good person.
8Surround yourself by good people. Bad people can influence all people-good and bad to do bad things. Being around bad people will make others assume you are bad too. Surround yourself by kind people who will do good deeds with you.
9Surround yourself by good things. Things that you like and good things such as religious items make you feel happy and want to do good things to others.
10Smile. Kind people have a smile on their face from the joy that they cause others. Kind-hearted people take joy in being kind to others.
11Enjoy other's presence. If people make the effort to spend time with you, you should never ignore them. You should enjoy your friends and family and the effort they put into enjoying your presence and kindness towards them.
12Enjoy what you have. Good souls don't go around asking for what they want, but rather give others what they need.
13Learn to forgive. Make an effort to understand the other person's side. Think about forgiving the one you are arguing with and why you are doing it. When someone offers an honest apology to you, never refuse it. You can't be a good soul and hold grudges all together.
14Don't look down on other people. Good souls want to help those in need rather than laugh at their sad misfortunes. Don't use rude names such as crazy, stupid, ugly, and any others you can think of. Be the one who wants to help, because other people need you.
15Be a leader, not a follower. Make your own decisions, because the other person's might not be a good idea. Kind people don't "go with the flow", especially bad ones. You should think of good ideas and goals and then stick to them. Don't let other people control your life.
16Complete your tasks. When and if you are expected of something, you need to do it. Don't make a promise you can't keep. This also applies to goals. If you set your mind to something, don't give up.
17Don't take advantage of people. Some people are so kind, they can be pushed to do things that they don't want to. If you know someone who is a "pushover", don't take advantage of them. Your friends are not your slaves. You should encourage others to be their own person.
anonymously99

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 12:33 am
@anonymously99,
God speaks to you in the Bible
Keep your heart open to the fact that the Bible has much to say to you when you are depressed. Here are a few suggestions of Bible passages you can read. Read one each day and let it fill your mind as you go about your life.
Read about Jesus' suffering in Isaiah 53 and Mark 14. How does it help you to know that Jesus is a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief?
Use the Psalms to help you find words to talk to God about your heart. Make Psalm 88 and Psalm 86 your personal prayers to God.
Be alert to spiritual warfare. Depressed people are very vulnerable to Satan's claim that God is not good. Jesus' death on the cross proves God's love for you. It's the only weapon powerful enough to stand against Satan's lies. (Romans 5:6-8, 1 John 4:9,10)
Don't think your case is unique. Read Hebrews 11 and 12. Many have walked this path before you and they will tell you that God did not fail them.
Remember your purpose for living. (Matthew 22:37-39, 1 Corinthians 6:20,  2 Corinthians 5:15, Galatians 5:6)
Learn about persevering and enduring. (Romans 5:3, Hebrews 12:1, James 1:2-4)   
anonymously99

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 01:47 pm
@anonymously99,
Is Depression Wrecking Your Weight?

They are both heavy burdens - weight problemsand depression. And they often go hand in hand.
Some people gain weight when they're depressed. Others lose weight, to an unhealthy degree.
Which comes first? And how can you untangle the link between depression and weight -- especially if depression has sapped you of your energy to make changes? Here's what experts say you need to know.

Depression and Weight Gain

A March 2010 review of 15 studies, published in the Archives of General Psychiatry, linked obesity to a greater risk of developing depression - and vice versa.
But do people gain weight because they are depressed? Or do they become depressed because of the excess pounds they are carrying? No one knows.“It’s a chicken and the egg phenomenon,” says psychologist Leslie Heinberg, PhD, who directs the Bariatric and Metabolic Institute at the Cleveland Clinic. “But we do know that depression has lots of symptoms that can worsen obesity - appetite disturbances, lack of energy, lack of motivation to do things.”
anonymously99

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 02:03 pm
@anonymously99,
Depression and Weight Gain continued...

In 2009, researchers at the University of Alabama at Birmingham reported that depressed people tend to gain weight faster than people who aren't depressed.
The bulk of those extra pounds was concentrated around their waists. That’s not good. Belly fat is a risk factor for type 2 diabetes, heart disease, andhigh blood pressure.
Depression, of course, comes with its own set of risk factors, including suicide, social isolation, drug and alcohol addiction, and anxiety.
Whichever comes first - depression or overweight/obesity - it is a very unhealthy combination. Often, it is a self-reinforcing combo as well.

Eating Yourself Blue

“Some foods, especially foods with high sugar and/or fat content, make you feel better, if only briefly,” says psychiatrist James Gordon, MD, author of Unstuck: Your Guide to the Seven-Stage Journey out of Depression.
“That good feeling makes you want to eat more, which in turn makes you feel bad about yourself,” Gordon says. “That leads to deeper depression, and more eating, and greater amounts of weight gain. It’s a vicious cycle.”
anonymously99

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 02:05 pm
@anonymously99,
Eating Yourself Blue continued...

Getting out of that cycle can be a real challenge.
“When you are depressed, it is much harder to get out of bed, much less pay attention to what you are eating,” says Edward Abramson, PhD, an emeritus professor of psychology at California State University at Chico and the author ofEmotional Eating: What You Need To Know Before Starting Another Diet.
For doctors, it’s less important to know which came first: the patient's depression or the weight problems. The question is, which one should get the most initial attention?
“If someone comes to me who is severely depressed and overweight, the depression is going to be the primary focus,” says Abramson.
However, he continues, an eating disorder that causes a patient to binge might need to be addressed first: “If their eating is out of control, that becomes the primary focus.”

Weight Loss and Depression

Although weight gain is commonly associated with depression, weight loss can also be a problem.
anonymously99

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 02:08 pm
@anonymously99,
Weight Loss and Depression continued...

“With severe depression, you might lose weight because you’ve lost your interest in food, which comes from losing in interest in pleasure,” Gordon says. Loss of pleasure is a hallmark of depression.
Depression may also accompany an eating disorder. In Heinberg’s practice at the Cleveland Clinic, patients with anorexia nervosa are often depressed.
“In patients with low body weight, the brainbecomes starved and they develop symptoms that meet the criteria for depression,” she says. “Often, once you feed them, the depression goes away. It’s resolved, and it’s generally resolved quickly.”

If You Move, You Lose - Pounds and Depression

Treating depression often takes a multipronged approach that may include talk therapy and medication, as well as exercise, a healthy diet, and other lifestyle measures.
It's important to know that weight gain is a common side effect of some of many prescribedantidepressants.
Fortunately, patients who are both overweight and depressed can help themselves with the same prescription: exercise, which can help counterbalance drug-related weight gain.
anonymously99

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 02:13 pm
@anonymously99,
If You Move, You Lose - Pounds and Depression continued...

“I won’t necessarily tell them to watch what they are eating at first,” says Abramson, “but I will work with them to get them to move.”
At the beginning of therapy, that usually meanswalking. Abramson recommends picking up a pedometer before hitting the sidewalk. By measuring the number of steps they take each time they walk, they can monitor their progress. And, says Abramson, “small victories equal positive thoughts.”
Heinberg often prescribes walking as well. She likes to focus on her patients’ depression for the first six to eight weeks of therapy, introducing low-key exercise only to keep weight steady rather than bring it down. Once the depression is under control, she says, it becomes easier to address weight problems.

Be Active, Make Choices, Feel Better

Exercise is a key part of treating overweight and depression, in part because it allows patients to play an active role in caring for themselves. In fact, Gordon maintains that exercise is the best prescription for treating mild to moderate depression, as well as being helpful for severe depression.
Krumple

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 02:14 pm
@anonymously99,
anonymously99 wrote:

Weight Loss and Depression continued...

“With severe depression, you might lose weight because you’ve lost your interest in food, which comes from losing in interest in pleasure,” Gordon says. Loss of pleasure is a hallmark of depression.
Depression may also accompany an eating disorder. In Heinberg’s practice at the Cleveland Clinic, patients with anorexia nervosa are often depressed.
“In patients with low body weight, the brainbecomes starved and they develop symptoms that meet the criteria for depression,” she says. “Often, once you feed them, the depression goes away. It’s resolved, and it’s generally resolved quickly.”

If You Move, You Lose - Pounds and Depression

Treating depression often takes a multipronged approach that may include talk therapy and medication, as well as exercise, a healthy diet, and other lifestyle measures.
It's important to know that weight gain is a common side effect of some of many prescribedantidepressants.
Fortunately, patients who are both overweight and depressed can help themselves with the same prescription: exercise, which can help counterbalance drug-related weight gain.

You forgot one of the most important methods. Ditch your theology. It is often the source of your depression. Although the leaders like to think that it is a source of cure for depression when it does just the opposite. Why does this happen? Because your theology has stripped you from the ability to make rational and logical decisions which would bring you some joy and contentment in life. Every time you try to act you are worried that you might anger the wrath of your god. Like a scared abused child who never knows when their abusive father is going to scold and threaten them again.

One common response that many ex-christians give is that they feel happier now that they have transcended the theology and the fear that was in bedded in them.
anonymously99

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 02:15 pm
@anonymously99,
Be Active, Make Choices, Feel Better continued...

“People feel good about doing things for themselves - that, in itself, is therapeutic,” Gordon says.
Gordon also recommends taking a break from fast food and other unhealthy eating habits; instead, he says, make time to cook a meal for yourself.
“It goes beyond just preparing something healthier to eat than fast food,” says Gordon. “People get engaged in their own care, and that’s crucial to dealing with weight.”
Gordon, who is the founder and director of the Center for Mind Body Medicine in Washington, D.C., includes alternative and complementary treatments in his practice. Key among them ismeditation.“You have to become aware of what and how you eat, through mindfulness,” says Gordon. “Very often, if you are anxious, you are going to eat more. But if you are in a state of relaxation, you won’t be eating frantically or mindlessly.”
Don’t be discouraged if therapy does not provide positive results right away. Treatment takes time. And keep in mind that treating depression and weight problems will likely require more than just a pill and a one-size-fits-all diet plan.
“It is important to have a comprehensive program,” says Gordon, one that addresses all aspects of a patient’s problems and prepares him or her for the hard road back to health. “I don’t have a magic bullet, and you are going to do most of the work.”
0 Replies

anonymously99

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 02:25 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
You forgot one of the most important methods. Ditch your theology. It is often the source of your depression.

Reading the bible as I have been is helping. My spirit feels lifted after reading. The love of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit is like no other. Re reading helps you have a better understanding. It seems you don't understand his love for us. Don't re read once or twice. But three times and more. The more you understand I feel will help you. Cleanse your mind of negativity. Think positively. Do positive things that will make you feel happy within yourself. I don't think we were given the choice to be born but suicide is your choice.
Krumple

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 02:37 pm
@anonymously99,
anonymously99 wrote:
I don't think we were given the choice to be born but suicide is your choice.

We weren't given a choice to being born. But why would anyone want to commit suicide? You are going to die eventually, so why not just play out your hands? Don't be self defeating, because life is NOT always bad. Things can turn around. You can't always have everything good, but at the same time, things won't always be bad. It is statistically impossible for life to be bad 100% of the time.

The key with depression is not to constantly focus on the conditions that are making you feel depressed, lonely, sad, apathetic. When you constantly remind yourself of all the bad stuff, it reaffirms the depression continuing to drop you down.

So you have a choice with depression. You don't have to let the bad aspects of life win and push you down. There is always at least one thing that will make you happy or content. Don't let the apathy bury it or hide it.

You know they actually say depression is a built in survival mechanism that were evolved with. The problem is people get trapped in it's circular reasoning and they give up. They say they can't find a way out. That is because they are allowing the escape route to turn back towards the negative reinforcement.

Life sucks, this is boring, nothing is worth putting any energy into. Blah blah blah. These are negative affirmations that perpetuate the downward spiral of depression. You are selectively choosing to see only the bad aspects and refuse to acknowledge the things that make you happy or joyful. There is ALWAYS a solution to getting what will make you happy and content.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 03:44 pm
anonymously99stwin wrote:

Shocked I've been an atheist my entire life and didn't even know it.

anonymously99 wrote:

I knew you were afraid of that. That makes me sick. What makes me sicker is you are just like the average Christian. << Extremely critical >>. I can't say I believe in god a god. For my doubts. So I have to say I don't believe in a god, god, a god. Man could be my god. I would believe in what was right before my face. I would be his slave. As Christians are to a god that isn't there right before their face. Understand?

Hmmmm. Lost in thought. Well. The weather. Is right before our faces each day. What I believe we came from. I do. Believe in the weather. Who couldn't? If you don't than you're the dumbass. Ay?,.. as in, understand?

I am your gift of knowledge of which provides knowledge. Your decision to remain ignorant or not. I am to help to assist in your growth maturity growth. How well is your understanding ability? Do you understand yet? Or are you just as the rest who insist on remaining ignorant?

informateur wrote:

THERE IS NO GOD I AM PROOF THERE IS NO GOD WHY?

BECAUSE I HAVE PRAYED FOR THESE TWO TO GET OUT OF MY HEAD FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS NOW AND THEY'RE STILL THERE

IF I FALL INTO THE HANDS OF THAT THING CALLED A DEVIL YOU PEOPLE BELIEVE IN IT IS BECAUSE TWO WHO CLAIM OF GOD'S WORD WHO CLAIM CHRISTIAN LED ME STRAIGHT INTO THE HANDS OF THE DEVIL 

ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS GET OUT BUT NO I WAS NEVER GOOD ENOUGH TO BE OF THEIR KIND SO THEY MADE ME WHO I AM NOW 

THERE IS NO GOD I HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS NOW FOR THEM TO GET OUT OF MY HEAD BUT TILL THIS DAY THEY REMAIN

IF I FALL INTO THE HANDS OF THAT THING CALLED THE DEVIL IT IS BECAUSE OF THEM TWO WHO CLAIM GOD BELIEVERS OF GOD'S WORD

IF I FALL INTO THE HANDS OF THE DEVIL IT WILL BE BECAUSE TWO WHO CLAIM CHRISTIAN LED ME STRAIGHT TO HIM

IMMATURITY. WHAT SOME DON'T UNDERSTAND.

anonymously99

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 05:04 pm
@Butrflynet,
I having said as mentioned was out of pure ignorance due to my depression. God and Jesus Christ have always been in my heart. I said as mentioned out of stupidity. I have said one thing but at heart felt otherwise. If God and Jesus Christ were not in my heart I would not want to glorify him I would not read the bible as I do. I truly believe in him and everything he has done. It is a sin I believe to speak out of ignorance but I have confessed my sins. I spoke of my actions of having claimed atheist to him and asked for forgiveness, letting him know that atheism is not in my heart. And since you have brought as mentioned to my attention I will pray. I am thankful for you. I believe I have read sins are not overlooked due to ignorance but confess your sins he will forgive you. I may had said I don't believe in but I did not feel the same at heart. The Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ are in my soul. Have been there since I was very young in age. If I didn't have the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ within myself then I wouldn't glorify or praise him.
If you read the bible, understand the bible you will see the bible helps you with what is said. Can you understand what he says to you? I'm sure you can apply what is in the bible to your life. I believe you will have a beautiful life once you, I or anyone realize you, I or anyone have the Lord in your, my or anyone's heart. In your, my or anyone's soul. God, is who created man. If he would had never then I don't think any of us would be here this day. I believe God is my life and that I need a strong relationship between He, our God, our Father, the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ to keep me strong.