How to overcome the lifelong feelings of depression and the feelings along with.

anonymously99

Tue 1 Apr, 2014 12:12 pm
@dalehileman,
Dalehileman. You are flirting.
dalehileman

Tue 1 Apr, 2014 12:42 pm
@anonymously99,
Quote:
You are flirting.
No, no Anon, not at all. I didn't even know you're a girl

Unless you're also a fella, noting that "Dale" is also a girls' name; or you realize I'm male but your proclivities differ from mine
anonymously99

Tue 1 Apr, 2014 12:49 pm
@dalehileman,
If you could turn my power on, that would be nice of you.
dalehileman

Tue 1 Apr, 2014 01:03 pm
@anonymously99,
Quote:
If you could turn my power on, that would be nice of you.
I'd do it if I knew how exactly
bobsal u1553115

Tue 1 Apr, 2014 07:44 pm
Do you wear gloves when you type? Do you have blisters on your fingers?????
anonymously99

Tue 1 Apr, 2014 10:20 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
I'd do it if I knew how exactly

Rolling Eyes Light company turned power off.
anonymously99

Tue 1 Apr, 2014 10:22 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Do you wear gloves when you type? Do you have blisters on your fingers?????

I'm honestly not sure of what you mean.
anonymously99

Tue 1 Apr, 2014 11:24 pm
@anonymously99,
I truly believe you will live a beautiful life if you reach out, if you live your life to glorify the Holy Spirit, God, and Jesus Christ. To finally actually understand the birth of Jesus means more to me than I feel words can describe.
It is as if God gave us, the people on earth, a miracle that some people choose to refuse to understand.
anonymously99

Tue 1 Apr, 2014 11:59 pm
@anonymously99,
Faith in the Son of God

5 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ[a] has become a child of God. And everyone who loves the Father loves his children, too. 2 We know we love God’s children if we love God and obey his commandments.
3 Loving God means keeping his commandments, and his commandments are not burdensome. 4 For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith. 5 And who can win this battle against the world? Only those who believe that Jesus is the Son of God.
6 And Jesus Christ was revealed as God’s Son by his baptism in water and by shedding his blood on the cross—not by water only, but by water and blood. And the Spirit, who is truth, confirms it with his testimony. 7 So we have these three witnesses[c]— 8 the Spirit, the water, and the blood—and all three agree. 9 Since we believe human testimony, surely we can believe the greater testimony that comes from God. And God has testified about his Son. 10 All who believe in the Son of God know in their hearts that this testimony is true. Those who don’t believe this are actually calling God a liar because they don’t believe what God has testified about his Son.
11 And this is what God has testified: He has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have God’s Son does not have life.

Conclusion

13 I have written this to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know you have eternal life. 14 And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him. 15 And since we know he hears us when we make our requests, we also know that he will give us what we ask for.
anonymously99

Tue 1 Apr, 2014 11:59 pm
@anonymously99,
 2 Thessalonians 2:14
King James Bible
Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
anonymously99

Wed 2 Apr, 2014 01:30 am
@anonymously99,
What Does the Bible Say About Forgiveness?

Frequently Asked Questions About Forgiveness in the Bible

By Mary Fairchild
Forgiveness in the Bible is a prominent theme. Yet, it's not uncommon for Christians to have questions about forgiveness. The act of forgiving does not come easy for most of us. Our natural instinct is to recoil in self-protection when we've been injured. We don't naturally overflow with mercy, grace and understanding when we've been wronged.
Is forgiveness a conscious choice, a physical act involving the will, or is it a feeling, an emotional state of being? The Bible offers insight and answers to these and many more questions about forgiveness. We'll take a look at the most frequently asked questions and find out what Scripture says about forgiveness.

Is forgiveness a conscious choice, or an emotional state?

I believe forgiveness is a choice we make through a decision of our will, motivated by obedience to God and his command to forgive."">The Bible instructs us to forgive as the Lord forgave us:
Colossians 3:13 Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. (NIV)• More on What is Forgiveness?

How do we forgive when we don't feel like it? How do we translate the decision to forgive into a change of heart?

We forgive by faith, out of obedience. Since forgiveness goes against our nature, we must forgive by faith, whether we feel like it or not. We must trust God to do the work in us that needs to be done so that the forgiveness will be complete.
I believe God honors our commitment to obey Him and our desire to please him when we choose to forgive. He completes the work in his time. We must continue to forgive (our job), by faith, until the work of forgiveness (the Lord's job), is done in our hearts.
Philippians 1:6 And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. (NLT)• More on How to Forgive

How will we know if we have truly forgiven?

Lewis B. Smedes wrote in his book, Forgive and Forget, "When you release the wrongdoer from the wrong, you cut a malignant tumor out of your inner life. You set a prisoner free, but you discover that the real prisoner was yourself."• More Forgiveness Quotes
We will know the work of forgiveness is complete when we experience the freedom that comes as a result. We are the ones who suffer most when we choose not to forgive. When we do forgive, the Lord sets our hearts free from the anger, bitterness, resentment and hurt that previously imprisoned us.Most times, however, forgiveness is a slow process.
Matthew 18:21-22 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times. (NIV)
This answer by Jesus makes it clear that forgiveness is not easy for us. It's not a one-time choice and then we automatically live in a state of forgiveness. Forgiveness may require a lifetime of forgiving, but it is important to the Lord. We must continue forgiving until the matter is settled in our heart.

What if the person we need to forgive is not a believer?

I have found that prayer is one of the best ways to break down the wall of unforgiveness in my heart. When I begin to pray for the person who has wronged me, God gives me new eyes to see and a new heart to care for that person. As I pray, I start to see that person as God sees them, and I realize that he or she is precious to the Lord. I also see myself in a new light, just as guilty of sin and failure as the other person. I too am in need of forgiveness. If God did not withhold his forgiveness from me, why should I withhold my forgiveness from another?

Is it okay to feel anger and want justice for the person we need to forgive?

This question presents another reason to pray for the person we need to forgive. We can pray for God to deal with the injustices, for God to judge the person's life, and then we can leave that prayer at the altar. We no longer have to carry the anger. Although it is normal for us to feel anger toward sin and injustice, it is not our job to judge the other person in their sin.
Luke 6:37 Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. (NIV)

Why must we forgive?

The best reason to forgive is because Jesus commanded us to forgive. We learn from Scripture, if we don't forgive, neither will we be forgiven:
Matthew 6:14-16 For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. (NIV)
We also forgive so that our prayers will not be hindered:
Mark 11:25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins. (NIV)
In summary and in closing, we forgive out of obedience to the Lord. It is a choice, a decision we make.
However, as we do this "forgiving," we discover the command is in place for our own good, and we receive the reward of our forgiveness—freedom.
anonymously99

Wed 2 Apr, 2014 01:48 am
@anonymously99,
John 3

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The New Birth

3 Now there was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews; 2 this man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You have come from Godas a teacher; for no one can do these [a]signs that You do unless God is with him.” 3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot seethe kingdom of God.”
4 Nicodemus *said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born, can he?” 5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born[c]again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
9 Nicodemus said to Him, “How can these things be?” 10 Jesus answered and said to him,“Are you the teacher of Israel and do not understand these things? 11 Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen, and you do not accept our testimony. 12 If I told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from heaven:the Son of Man. 14 As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up;
15 so that whoever[d]believes will in Him have eternal life.
16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His[e]only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. 
17 For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. 18 He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the [f]only begotten Son of God. 19 This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil. 20 For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God.”

John’s Last Testimony

22 After these things Jesus and His disciples came into the land of Judea, and there He was spending time with them and baptizing. 
23 John also was baptizing in Aenon near Salim, because there was much water there; andpeople were coming and were being baptized—24 for John had not yet been thrown into prison.
25 Therefore there arose a discussion on the part of John’s disciples with a Jew aboutpurification. 26 And they came to John and said to him, “Rabbi, He who was with you beyond the Jordan, to whom you have testified, behold, He is baptizing and all are coming to Him.”
27 John answered and said, “A man can receive nothing unless it has been given him from heaven.
28 You yourselves [g]are my witnesses that I said, ‘I am not the [h]Christ,’ but, ‘I have been sent ahead of Him.’ 29 He who has the bride is the bridegroom; but the friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly because of the bridegroom’s voice. So this joy of mine has been made full.
30 He must increase, but I must decrease.
31 “He who comes from above is above all, he who is of the earth is from the earth and speaks of the earth. He who comes from heaven is above all. 32 What He has seen and heard, of that He testifies; and no one receives His testimony. 33 He who has received His testimony has set his seal to this, that God is true. 34 For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God; for He gives the Spirit without measure. 35 The Father loves the Son and has given all things into His hand. 36 He whobelieves in the Son has eternal life; but he whodoes not [j]obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”
0 Replies

anonymously99

Wed 2 Apr, 2014 01:51 am
@anonymously99,
Romans 5:6-8

Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Ephesians 5:2

2 and walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

1 John 4:7-21

7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. 8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. 9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. 10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. 12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. 13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit. 14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. 15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. 16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. 17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 19 We love him, because he first loved us. 20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? 21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.
anonymously99

Wed 2 Apr, 2014 11:18 am
@anonymously99,
Isaiah 53

King James Version (KJV)
53 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?
2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lordhath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of theLord shall prosper in his hand.
11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
dalehileman

Wed 2 Apr, 2014 12:33 pm
@anonymously99,
Quote:
I'd do it if I knew how [to restore power] exactly

Quote:
Rolling Eyes Light company turned power off.
Then Anon, I'd presume you should contact 'em

….unless of course your phone has also been powered down

…still hoping you might reveal something more about yourself

….still aghast--no offense intended--in wonderment why anyone with such talent and persistence could spend so much time and effort in the almost hopeless quest randomly to convert some utter stranger (me?), in all probability despairingly skeptical, at some unknown distant location through means of an obscure website
anonymously99

Wed 2 Apr, 2014 01:05 pm
@anonymously99,
I couldn't forgive them with my heart for taking my daughter away. Because I felt they had no right. One of the many reasons I wanted to kill them. But now I understand the mental hell, the depression I'm suffering, have suffered my entire life. I forgive my parents for taking my child. I forgive the abuse and abusers I suffered throughout my childhood years and since. I ask for forgiveness from all who I abused both mentally and physically throughout my life. I no longer want to kill my parents because I love them. I forgive them. I forgive them with my heart. I ask for forgiveness from and forgive my child's sitter. I forgive with my heart. I love with my heart.
I am vulnerable to the devil for he is haunting me, literally, but I am strong in God's love for God is always with me. The Holy Spirit is with each of us I believe. Understanding does much for you. It's your decision. 
0 Replies

anonymously99

Wed 2 Apr, 2014 01:08 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman, you say:
Quote:
….still aghast--no offense intended--in wonderment why anyone with such talent and persistence could spend so much time and effort in the almost hopeless quest randomly to convert some utter stranger (me?), in all probability despairingly skeptical, at some unknown distant location through means of an obscure website

anonymously99 responds:
I feel attracted to your mind.
dalehileman

Wed 2 Apr, 2014 01:13 pm
@anonymously99,
Quote:
I feel attracted to your mind.
Anon I am flattered most sincerely

But do enlighten us as to external factors such as education, heredity and environment that might help explain your dedication and approach
anonymously99

Wed 2 Apr, 2014 02:57 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
But do enlighten us as to external factors such as education, heredity and environment that might help explain your dedication and approach

I don't think I understand your words.
anonymously99

Wed 2 Apr, 2014 02:58 pm
@anonymously99,
The thoughts of murdering them would come and go. I could never forgive them with my heart. I went to Houston with every intent of accomplishing the career I wanted to end my life with, with hopes my parents would understand who I am. I thought that if they understood who I was they would give me my child back. But then someone started messing with my head so here I am this day at this point in my life. I truly never understood forgiveness. 
Their love is not as my for they have and continuously hold my past against me.
0 Replies