How to overcome the lifelong feelings of depression and the feelings along with.

anonymously99

Wed 2 Apr, 2014 04:44 pm
@anonymously99,
Mark Chapter 14

1 After two days was the feast of the passover, and of unleavened bread: and the chief priests and the scribes sought how they might take him by craft, and put him to death.
2 But they said, Not on the feast day, lest there be an uproar of the people.
3 And being in Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, as he sat at meat, there came a woman having an alabaster box of ointment of spikenard very precious; and she brake the box, and poured iton his head.
4 And there were some that had indignation within themselves, and said, Why was this waste of the ointment made?
5 For it might have been sold for more than three hundred pence, and have been given to the poor. And they murmured against her.
6 And Jesus said, Let her alone; why trouble ye her? she hath wrought a good work on me.
7 For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not always.
8 She hath done what she could: she is come aforehand to anoint my body to the burying.
9 Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached throughout the whole world, this also that she hath done shall be spoken of for a memorial of her.
10 And Judas Iscariot, one of the twelve, went unto the chief priests, to betray him unto them.
11 And when they heard it, they were glad, and promised to give him money. And he sought how he might conveniently betray him.
12 And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?
13 And he sendeth forth two of his disciples, and saith unto them, Go ye into the city, and there shall meet you a man bearing a pitcher of water: follow him.
14 And wheresoever he shall go in, say ye to the goodman of the house, The Master saith, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?
The Anointing at Bethany
Mark Chapter 14 : 3
15 And he will shew you a large upper room furnished andprepared: there make ready for us.
16 And his disciples went forth, and came into the city, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover.
17 And in the evening he cometh with the twelve.
18 And as they sat and did eat, Jesus said, Verily I say unto you, One of you which eateth with me shall betray me.
19 And they began to be sorrowful, and to say unto him one by one, Is it I? and another said, Is it I?
20 And he answered and said unto them, It is one of the twelve, that dippeth with me in the dish.
21 The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born.
22 And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body.
23 And he took the cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them: and they all drank of it.
24 And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.
25 Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.
26 And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives.
27 And Jesus saith unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered.
28 But after that I am risen, I will go before you into Galilee.
29 But Peter said unto him, Although all shall be offended, yet will not I.
30 And Jesus saith unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this day, even in this night, before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice.
31 But he spake the more vehemently, If I should die with thee, I will not deny thee in any wise. Likewise also said they all.
32 And they came to a place which was named Gethsemane: and he saith to his disciples, Sit ye here, while I shall pray.
33 And he taketh with him Peter and James and John, and began to be sore amazed, and to be very heavy;
34 And saith unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful unto death: tarry ye here, and watch.
35 And he went forward a little, and fell on the ground, and prayed that, if it were possible, the hour might pass from him.
36 And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.
37 And he cometh, and findeth them sleeping, and saith unto Peter, Simon, sleepest thou? couldest not thou watch one hour?
38 Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak.
39 And again he went away, and prayed, and spake the same words.
40 And when he returned, he found them asleep again, (for their eyes were heavy,) neither wist they what to answer him.
41 And he cometh the third time, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: it is enough, the hour is come; behold, the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.
42 Rise up, let us go; lo, he that betrayeth me is at hand.
43 And immediately, while he yet spake, cometh Judas, one of the twelve, and with him a great multitude with swords and staves, from the chief priests and the scribes and the elders.
44 And he that betrayed him had given them a token, saying, Whomsoever I shall kiss, that same is he; take him, and lead him away safely.
45 And as soon as he was come, he goeth straightway to him, and saith, Master, master; and kissed him.
46 And they laid their hands on him, and took him.
47 And one of them that stood by drew a sword, and smote a servant of the high priest, and cut off his ear.
48 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Are ye come out, as against a thief, with swords andwith staves to take me?
49 I was daily with you in the temple teaching, and ye took me not: but the scriptures must be fulfilled.
50 And they all forsook him, and fled.
51 And there followed him a certain young man, having a linen cloth cast about his naked body; and the young men laid hold on him:
52 And he left the linen cloth, and fled from them naked.
53 And they led Jesus away to the high priest: and with him were assembled all the chief priests and the elders and the scribes.
54 And Peter followed him afar off, even into the palace of the high priest: and he sat with the servants, and warmed himself at the fire.
55 And the chief priests and all the council sought for witness against Jesus to put him to death; and found none.
56 For many bare false witness against him, but their witness agreed not together.
57 And there arose certain, and bare false witness against him, saying,
58 We heard him say, I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.
59 But neither so did their witness agree together.
60 And the high priest stood up in the midst, and asked Jesus, saying, Answerest thou nothing? what is it which these witness against thee?
61 But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?
62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
63 Then the high priest rent his clothes, and saith, What need we any further witnesses?
64 Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death.
65 And some began to spit on him, and to cover his face, and to buffet him, and to say unto him, Prophesy: and the servants did strike him with the palms of their hands.
66 And as Peter was beneath in the palace, there cometh one of the maids of the high priest:
67 And when she saw Peter warming himself, she looked upon him, and said, And thou also wast with Jesus of Nazareth.
68 But he denied, saying, I know not, neither understand I what thou sayest. And he went out into the porch; and the cock crew.
69 And a maid saw him again, and began to say to them that stood by, This is one of them.
70 And he denied it again. And a little after, they that stood by said again to Peter, Surely thou art oneof them: for thou art a Galilaean, and thy speech agreeth thereto.
71 But he began to curse and to swear, saying, I know not this man of whom ye speak.
72 And the second time the cock crew. And Peter called to mind the word that Jesus said unto him, Before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept.
anonymously99

Wed 2 Apr, 2014 05:16 pm
@anonymously99,
http://ebible.org/bible/web/Psalms.htm

Psalm 86

A Prayer by David.
86:1 Hear, Yahweh, and answer me, for I am poor and needy.
86:2 Preserve my soul, for I am godly.
You, my God, save your servant who trusts in you.
86:3 Be merciful to me, Lord, for I call to you all day long.
86:4 Bring joy to the soul of your servant, for to you, Lord, do I lift up my soul.
86:5 For you, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive; abundant in loving kindness to all those who call on you.
86:6 Hear, Yahweh, my prayer.Listen to the voice of my petitions.
86:7 In the day of my trouble I will call on you, for you will answer me.
86:8 There is no one like you among the gods, Lord, nor any deeds like your deeds.
86:9 All nations you have made will come and worship before you, Lord.They shall glorify your name.
86:10 For you are great, and do wondrous things.
You are God alone.
86:11 Teach me your way, Yahweh.
I will walk in your truth.Make my heart undivided to fear your name.
86:12 I will praise you, Lord my God, with my whole heart.
I will glorify your name forevermore.
86:13 For your loving kindness is great toward me.
You have delivered my soul from the lowest Sheol.
86:14 God, the proud have risen up against me.
A company of violent men have sought after my soul,and they don’t hold regard for you before them.
86:15 But you, Lord, are a merciful and gracious God, slow to anger, and abundant in loving kindness and truth.
86:16 Turn to me, and have mercy on me!
Give your strength to your servant.Save the son of your handmaid.
86:17 Show me a sign of your goodness,that those who hate me may see it, and be shamed, because you, Yahweh, have helped me, and comforted me.
dalehileman

Wed 2 Apr, 2014 05:19 pm
@anonymously99,
But do enlighten us as to external factors such as education, heredity and environment that might help explain your dedication and approach

Quote:
I don't think I understand your words.
They mean, tell us something about yourself that might help us understand your notions
anonymously99

Wed 2 Apr, 2014 05:19 pm
@anonymously99,
A Song. A Psalm by the sons of Korah. For the Chief Musician. To the tune of “The Suffering of Affliction.” A contemplation by Heman, the Ezrahite.
88:1 Yahweh, the God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before you.
88:2 Let my prayer enter into your presence.
Turn your ear to my cry.
88:3 For my soul is full of troubles.
My life draws near to Sheol.
88:4 I am counted among those who go down into the pit.
I am like a man who has no help,
88:5 set apart among the dead, like the slain who lie in the grave, whom you remember no more.
They are cut off from your hand.
88:6 You have laid me in the lowest pit, in the darkest depths.
88:7 Your wrath lies heavily on me.
You have afflicted me with all your waves.
Selah.
88:8 You have taken my friends from me.
You have made me an abomination to them.
I am confined, and I can’t escape.
88:9 My eyes are dim from grief.
I have called on you daily, Yahweh.
I have spread out my hands to you.
88:10 Do you show wonders to the dead?
Do the dead rise up and praise you?
Selah.
88:11 Is your loving kindness declared in the grave?
Or your faithfulness in Destruction?
88:12 Are your wonders made known in the dark?
Or your righteousness in the land of forgetfulness?
88:13 But to you, Yahweh, I have cried.
In the morning, my prayer comes before you.
88:14 Yahweh, why do you reject my soul?
Why do you hide your face from me?
88:15 I am afflicted and ready to die from my youth up.
While I suffer your terrors, I am distracted.
88:16 Your fierce wrath has gone over me.
Your terrors have cut me off.
88:17 They came around me like water all day long.
They completely engulfed me.
88:18 You have put lover and friend far from me,and my friends into darkness.
0 Replies

anonymously99

Wed 2 Apr, 2014 05:21 pm
@dalehileman,
anonymously99 wrote:
Quote:
I don't think I understand your words.

Honestly.
I did not want a reply to my post.
anonymously99

Wed 2 Apr, 2014 06:25 pm
@anonymously99,
Do You Feel Rejected?

by Joyce Meyer
The Lord gave this Word to me as I was preparing for one of my conferences, and I believe He wants me to share it with you. He said:
"So many are in prison because they won't accept themselves. So many are so gifted and talented, but they won't express themselves because they fear rejection. They fear man. They fear what people will think. I want to love My people, but they hold Me at arms length and won't let Me really love them because they have been hurt by others. They fear I will reject them because of their weaknesses—like people have—but I will never reject them.
Tell them I love them. Ask them to stop trying so hard to be acceptable to Me and to realize I accept them where they are. Tell them I don't want perfect performance from them. I want them to love Me and to let Me love them." The Lord's been having me minister to the body of believers concerning how He looks for a perfect heart and not perfect performance. We won't impress God with our works unless our heart is pure. A lot of people think God won't use them until every area of their life is perfected. That type of thinking keeps people from allowing God to use them. He uses us in spite of us, not because of us. This doesn't mean that we should have a loose attitude and not desire to live a holy life. A person whose heart is perfect toward God is always going to earnestly and zealously desire to please God in all things. But we must also remember that Hebrews 4:15 teaches us that …we do not have a High Priest Who is unable to understand and sympathize and have a shared feeling with our weaknesses and infirmities and liability to the assaults of temptation, but One Who has been tempted in every respect as we are, yet without sinning.
Verse 16 encourages us, in light of verse 15, to draw near to God's throne and receive mercy for our failures and to go ahead and get grace to help us in our time of need. This is one of God's ways of saying He won't reject you because of your weaknesses or mistakes. Most of us have grown up on a "merry-go-round" of trying to please people so they won't reject us. We all have an inbred need to be loved. People usually love you based on your performance. If you do what they want you to do, they accept you; but if you don't, they reject you. This is the operation ofhuman love, and none of us know how to do anything else until we taste God's agape love that's not based on man's performance but is based only on God. He loves you and accepts you because He decided to, not because of what you do or don't do. Once again let me say, this doesn't mean you shouldn't desire holiness; but you'll never arrive at new levels of holiness if you think God rejects you and withholds His love every time you fail. Remember Hebrews 4:15-16. He knows you're weak, so admit that you are and let Him help you anyway.
2 Chronicles 16:9 says, ...the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to [show] himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him…(KJV). 1 Corinthians 1:27-29 says that God purposely chooses the weak and foolish things of the world to confound the wise. I would, in my natural thinking, think that He would look for a perfect specimen—someone who has it all together, a strong person who'd never fail Him or let Him down. But instead He looks for a person whose heart is perfect toward Him. God desires to heal His people from past hurts caused by rejection. He wants you to know He will never reject you. He says in Matthew 11:28, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" (NKJV). This is referring to those who are laboring at trying to be perfect and then beating themselves with guilty feelings when they fail.
Jesus was talking to the people who were trying to live under the laws of the Pharisees. It takes a lot to please a Pharisee, and they're still around today. I'm sure you know one—someone who conveys to you the message, "I'll accept you if you perform perfectly and please me. I'll reject you and withhold my love if you don't." Jesus isn't a Pharisee. He says in John 3:18 that he who believes in Him will never be rejected. Believe in Him, love Him and desire His will. You'll be off to a good start. He'll bring you across the finish line. And remember, you may not be performing perfectly, but if you have a perfect heart toward Him, He counts you as perfect while you're making the trip. Oh yes, one main thing I need to say: Be sure you are not a Pharisee. God has placed people all around you who need love and acceptance. Give it to them, and you'll help them become the best person they can be.
anonymously99

Wed 2 Apr, 2014 06:26 pm
@anonymously99,
I have been feeling rejected, unknowingly.
anonymously99

Wed 2 Apr, 2014 07:24 pm
@anonymously99,
1 Corinthians 14

English Standard Version (ESV)

Prophecy and Tongues

14 Pursue love, and earnestly desire thespiritual gifts, especially that you mayprophesy. 
2 For one who speaks in a tongue speaks not to men but to God; for no one understands him, but he utters mysteries in the Spirit. 
3 On the other hand, the one who prophesies speaks to people for their upbuilding and encouragement and consolation. 
4 The one who speaks in a tongue builds up himself, but the one who prophesies builds up the church. 
5 Now I want you all to speak in tongues, but even more to prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues, unless someone interprets, so that the church may be built up.
6 Now, brothers,[a] if I come to you speaking in tongues, how will I benefit you unless I bring you some revelation or knowledge or prophecy or teaching? 
7 If even lifeless instruments, such as the flute or the harp, do not give distinct notes, how will anyone know what is played?
8 And if the bugle gives an indistinct sound, who will get ready for battle? 
9 So with yourselves, if with your tongue you utter speech that is not intelligible, how will anyone know what is said? For you will be speaking into the air. 
10 There are doubtless many different languages in the world, and none is without meaning, 
11 but if I do not know the meaning of the language, I will be a foreigner to the speaker and the speaker a foreigner to me.
12 So with yourselves, since you are eager for manifestations of the Spirit, strive to excel in building up the church.
13 Therefore, one who speaks in a tongue should pray that he may interpret. 
14 For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays but my mind is unfruitful. 
15 What am I to do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with my mind also. 
16 Otherwise, if you give thanks with your spirit, how can anyone in the position of an outsider say “Amen” to your thanksgiving when he does not know what you are saying? 
17 For you may be giving thanks well enough, but the other person is not being built up. 
18 I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you. 
19 Nevertheless, in church I would rather speak five words with my mind in order to instruct others, than ten thousand words in a tongue.
20 Brothers, do not be children in your thinking.Be infants in evil, but in your thinking bemature. 
21 In the Law it is written, “By people of strange tongues and by the lips of foreigners will I speak to this people, and even then they will not listen to me, says the Lord.” 
22 Thus tongues are a sign not for believers but for unbelievers, while prophecy is a sign[c] not for unbelievers but for believers. 
23 If, therefore, the whole church comes together and all speak in tongues, and outsiders or unbelievers enter,will they not say that you are out of your minds? 
24 But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or outsider enters, he is convicted by all, he is called to account by all, 
25 the secrets of his heart are disclosed, and so, falling on his face, he will worship God and declare that God is really among you.

Orderly Worship

26 What then, brothers? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for building up. 
27 If any speak in a tongue, let there be only two or at most three, and each in turn, and let someone interpret. 
28 But if there is no one to interpret, let each of them keep silent in church and speak to himself and to God. 
29 Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others weigh what is said. 
30 If a revelation is made to another sitting there, let the first be silent. 
31 For you can all prophesy one by one, so that all may learn and all be encouraged, 
32 and the spirits of prophets are subject to prophets. 
33 For God is not a God of confusion but of peace.As in all the churches of the saints, 
34 the women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. 
35 If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.
36 Or was it from you that the word of God came? Or are you the only ones it has reached?
37 If anyone thinks that he is a prophet, or spiritual, he should acknowledge that the things I am writing to you are a command of the Lord. 
38 If anyone does not recognize this, he is not recognized. 
39 So, my brothers,earnestly desire to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in tongues. 
40 But all things should be done decently and in order.
anonymously99

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 12:16 am
@anonymously99,
Christians Must Obey God's Law

Matthew uses Jesus' words in 5:17-20 as a thesis statement for the whole of 5:21-48 which follows. Jesus essentially says, "Look, if you thought the law was tough, wait till you see this. If you really want to be my disciples, give me your hearts without reservation" (see 5:17).
This passage seems to suggest that an uncommitted Christian is not a Christian at all (see 5:20). Like other Jewish teachers, Jesus demanded whole obedience to the Scriptures (5:18-19); unlike most of his contemporaries, however, he was not satisfied with the performance of scribes and Pharisees, observing that this law observance fell short even of the demands of salvation (5:20). After grabbing his hearers' attention with such a statement, Jesus goes on to define God's law not simply in terms of how people behave but in terms of who they really are (5:21-48).
Jesus' High View of Scripture (5:17-18)Jesus' view of Scripture did not simply accommodate his culture, a fact that has implications for the view of Scripture Jesus' followers should hold (J. Wenham 1977:21; D. Wenham 1979). Here Jesus responds to false charges that he and his followers undermine the law. First, when Jesus says that he came not to abolish the Law or the Prophets but to fulfill them, he uses terms that in his culture would have conveyed his faithfulness to the Scriptures (v. 17).
Second, Jesus illustrates the eternality of God's law with a popular story line from contemporary Jewish teachers (5:18). Jesus' smallest letter (NIV), or "jot" (KJV), undoubtedly refers to the Hebrew letter yod,which Jewish teachers said would not pass from the law. They said that when Sarai's name was changed to Sarah, the yod removed from her name cried out from one generation to another, protesting its removal from Scripture, until finally, when Moses changed Oshea's name to Joshua, the yod was returned to Scripture. "So you see," the teachers would say, "not even this smallest letter can pass from the Bible." Jesus makes the same point from this tradition that later rabbis did: even the smallest details of God's law are essential.
We Will Be Judged by Our Response to God's Word (5:19)
Jesus here provides a graphic example of the law's authority.
Jewish teachers typically depicted various persons as "greatest" before God; the emphasis was not on numerical precision but on praising worthy people (for example, m. 'Abot 2:8). When Jesus speaks of the least of these commandments, he also reflects Jewish legal language. Jewish teachers regularly distinguished "light" and "heavy" commandments (as in Sipra VDDeho. parasha 1.34.1.3; compare Mt 23:23) and in fact determined which commandments were the "least" and "greatest." Noting that both the "greatest" commandment about honoring parents (Ex 20:12; Deut 5:16) and the "least" commandment about the bird's nest (Deut 22:6-7) included the same promise, "Do this and you will live," later rabbis decided that "live" meant "in the world to come" and concluded that God would reward equally for obedience of any commandment. One who kept the law regulating the bird's nest merited eternal life, whereas one who broke it merited damnation (see, for example, Urbach 1979:1:350; Keener 1991a:116). In the same way, those who merely honored the highest standards of their religion would fall short of entering the kingdom at all (Mt 5:20).
Other sages used such language to grab attention and emphasize the importance of the law. But like Jesus, they did not want anyone to miss the point: God has not given us the right to pick and choose among his commandments. As some teachers put it, one should be as "careful with regard to a light commandment as you would be with a heavy one, since you do not know the allotment of the reward" (m. 'Abot 2:1). The sages were not suggesting that they never broke commandments (see Moore 1971:1:467-68), but rather believed that one who cast off any commandment or principle of the law was discarding the authority of the law as a whole (m. Horayot 1:3; Keener 1991a:115-17).
Jesus concurs: God does not allow us the right to say, "I will obey his teaching about murder but not his teaching about adultery or fornication"; or, "I will obey his teaching about theft but not about divorce." To refuse his right to rule any of our ethics or behavior is to deny his lordship.
In this passage Jesus also warns that teachers who undermine students' faith in any portion of the Bible are in trouble with God. This text addresses not only obedience to the commandments but also how one teaches others (and teaches others to do the same; compare Jas 3:1). I have occasionally taught alongside colleagues who actively sought to undermine students' faith in the name of "critical thinking"; sometimes they succeeded. Critical thinking is important, but it functions best with the firm foundation of the fear of God (Prov 1:7).
Bible-Believing People Without Transformed Hearts Are Lost (5:20)
Like John the Baptist in 3:7-12, Jesus savages the false security of the religious establishment. To grasp the full impact in today's language we might compare the scribes with ministers or religious educators and the Pharisees with the most pious, Bible-believing laypeople (although there was some overlap between the two groups). Pharisaic ethics emphasized "inwardness" as much as Jesus did, but Jesus challenges not their traditional ethics but the actual condition of their hearts (Odeberg 1964).
It is possible to agree with everything Jesus taught in this sermon yet fail to live accordingly (23:3). That is why Jesus indicates that the best of human piety is inadequate for salvation-whether it be Pharisaic or Christian. Nothing short of a radical transformation, what other early Christian writers called a new birth (Jn 3:3-6; 1 Pet 1:23), can enable one to live as a disciple (compare Mt 18:3).
0 Replies

anonymously99

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 12:19 am
@anonymously99,
Re: dalehileman (Post 5624883)
anonymously99 wrote:
Quote: I don't think I understand your words.
Honestly. I did not want a reply to my post.

Dalehileman. If you take me seriously in Every thing I say I honestly don't know what to say to you any more.

I am sincere about my love for God, the Holy Spirit, and Jesus Christ.
0 Replies

anonymously99

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 01:16 am
@anonymously99,
Law of God

The law of God contains ten commandments.
It's in the Bible, Exodus 20:1-17, NKJV. " And God spoke all these words, saying: “I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
[1] “You shall have no other gods before Me.
[2]“You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments. 
[3]“You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain. 
[4]“ Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
[5]“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God is giving you. 
[6]“You shall not murder. 
[7]“You shall not commit adultery.
[8]“You shall not steal. 
[9]“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
[10]“You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.

”What is the basic principle of the law of God?
It's in the Bible, Romans 13:10, NIV. "Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law."Love sums up God's law. It's in the Bible, Matthew 22:37-40, NIV. "Jesus replied: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."
Jesus did not come to do away with God's law. It's in the Bible, Matthew 5:17-18, NKJV. "
“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.
God's law offers direction, not justification.
It's in the Bible, Galatians 2:16, NKJV. "knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified"
It is our duty to obey God's law. It's in the Bible, Ecclesiastes 12:13, NIV. "Here is the conclusion of the matter. Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man."
What is the connection between the law and sin? It's in the Bible, I John 3:4, KJV. "Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law."
Is it necessary to keep all of the commandments? It's in the Bible, James 2:10-11, NIV. "For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. For He who said, 'Do not commit adultery,' also said, 'Do not murder.' If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker."
If we know Jesus, we will keep His commandments. It's in the Bible, I John 2:4-6, NIV. "The man who says, 'I know Him,' but does not do what He commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys His word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in Him: Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did."
What is the purpose of the law? It's in the Bible, Romans 3:20, NIV. "Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin."
Are we saved by keeping the law? It's in the Bible, Romans 3:27-31, NIV. "Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? No, because of the law that requires faith. For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law. Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law."
If we are not saved by keeping the Law, why do we keep it? It's in the Bible, John 14:15, NKJV. "If you love Me, keep my commandments."
God's law gives direction, wisdom, and joy to our lives. It's in the Bible, Psalm 119:9-10, NKJV. "How can a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed according to Your word. With my whole heart I have sought You; Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!"
“Teach me, O LORD, the way of Your statutes, and I shall keep it to the end. Give me understanding, and I shall keep Your law; indeed, I shall observe it with my whole heart. Make me walk in the path of Your commandments, for I delight in it” (Psalm 119:33-35, NKJV).
“Oh, how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day. You, through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies; for they are ever with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers, for Your testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the ancients, because I keep Your precepts” (Psalm 119:97-100, NKJV)
“Oh, how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day. You, through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies; for they are ever with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers, for Your testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the ancients, because I keep Your precepts” (Psalm 119:97-100, NKJV)
Jack of Hearts

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 01:49 am
@anonymously99,
Would a christian person, one who believes in the Holy Spirit go to hell for giving and/or being kind...?
NO. And being Christian, or a believer, is irrelevant.
A person will not be damned for being loving; kind; giving; or forgiving.

Will the god you believe will send you to hell, be offended by your belief in psychics?

FYI - Setting yourself up to be murder is suicide.
0 Replies

anonymously99

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 07:20 am
@anonymously99,
I sincerely, from deep within my heart feel apologetic for any mental and physical abuse I've caused anyone throughout my life. I feel more sorrow for the pain I've caused others recently than the pain I've caused others in my past.
anonymously99

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 07:34 am
@anonymously99,
I believe in marriage. I believe in God's Law. I believe in the respect from friends. I believe in the respect to friends. I believe in the love of friendship. I believe in love and forgiveness. I will consider anyone a friend. I have love for all. I honestly don't know how God truly feels about same sex marriage and relationships, but in my heart I feel it is wrong. No matter my feelings for the woman who is married right now. It is best I respect her and her marriage. 
anonymously99

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 08:59 am
@anonymously99,
Prophets and Prophecy 

Level: Intermediate• A prophet is G-d's spokesman to the people• Can be male or female, Jewish or gentile• The Bible records 48 male prophets, 7 female and one gentile• Daniel was not a prophet because he did not speak to the people

What is a Prophet? 

Many people today think of a prophet as any person who sees the future. While the gift of prophecy certainly includes the ability to see the future, a prophet is far more than just a person with that ability.
A prophet is basically a spokesman for G-d, a person chosen by G-d to speak to people on G-d's behalf and convey a message or teaching. Prophets were role models of holiness, scholarship and closeness to G-d. They set the standards for the entire community.
The Hebrew word for a prophet, navi (Nun-Beit-Yod-Alef) comes from the term niv sefatayim meaning "fruit of the lips," which emphasizes the prophet's role as a speaker.
The Talmud teaches that there were hundreds of thousands of prophets: twice as many as the number of people who left Egypt, which was 600,000. But most of the prophets conveyed messages that were intended solely for their own generation and were not reported inscripture. Scripture identifies only 55 prophets of Israel.
A prophet is not necessarily a man. Scripture records the stories of seven female prophets, listed below, and the Talmud reports thatSarah's prophetic ability was superior toAbraham's.
A prophet is not necessarily a Jew. The Talmud reports that there were prophets among the gentiles (most notably Balaam, whose story is told in Numbers 22), although they were not as elevated as the prophets of Israel (as the story of Balaam demonstrates). And some of the prophets, such as Jonah, were sent on missions to speak to the gentiles.
According to some views, prophecy is not a gift that is arbitrarily conferred upon people; rather, it is the culmination of a person's spiritual and ethical development. When a person reaches a sufficient level of spiritual and ethical achievement, the Shechinah (Divine Spirit) comes to rest upon him or her. Likewise, the gift of prophecy leaves the person if that person lapses from his or her spiritual and ethical perfection.The greatest of the prophets was Moses. It is said that Moses saw all that all of the other prophets combined saw, and more. Moses saw the whole of the Torah, including the Prophetsand the Writings that were written hundreds of years later. All subsequent prophecy was merely an expression of what Moses had already seen. Thus, it is taught that nothing in the Prophets or the Writings can be in conflict with Moses' writings, because Moses saw it all in advance.
The Talmud states that the writings of the prophets will not be necessary in theWorld to Come, because in that day, all people will be mentally, spiritually and ethically perfect, and all will have the gift of prophecy.

Who are the Prophets of the Jewish Scriptures? 

Why is Daniel Not a Prophet? 

I am often asked why the Book of Daniel is included in the Writings section of the Tanakhinstead of the Prophets section. Wasn't Daniel a prophet? Weren't his visions of the future true?
According to Judaism, Daniel is not one of the 55 prophets. His writings include visions of the future, which we believe to be true; however, his mission was not that of a prophet. His visions of the future were never intended to be proclaimed to the people; they were designed to be written down for future generations. Thus, they are Writings, not Prophecies, and are classified accordingly.Prophets and Prophecy 

Level: Intermediate• A prophet is G-d's spokesman to the people• Can be male or female, Jewish or gentile• The Bible records 48 male prophets, 7 female and one gentile• Daniel was not a prophet because he did not speak to the people

What is a Prophet? 

Many people today think of a prophet as any person who sees the future. While the gift of prophecy certainly includes the ability to see the future, a prophet is far more than just a person with that ability.
A prophet is basically a spokesman for G-d, a person chosen by G-d to speak to people on G-d's behalf and convey a message or teaching. Prophets were role models of holiness, scholarship and closeness to G-d. They set the standards for the entire community.
The Hebrew word for a prophet, navi (Nun-Beit-Yod-Alef) comes from the term niv sefatayim meaning "fruit of the lips," which emphasizes the prophet's role as a speaker.
The Talmud teaches that there were hundreds of thousands of prophets: twice as many as the number of people who left Egypt, which was 600,000. But most of the prophets conveyed messages that were intended solely for their own generation and were not reported inscripture. Scripture identifies only 55 prophets of Israel.
A prophet is not necessarily a man. Scripture records the stories of seven female prophets, listed below, and the Talmud reports thatSarah's prophetic ability was superior toAbraham's.
A prophet is not necessarily a Jew. The Talmud reports that there were prophets among the gentiles (most notably Balaam, whose story is told in Numbers 22), although they were not as elevated as the prophets of Israel (as the story of Balaam demonstrates). And some of the prophets, such as Jonah, were sent on missions to speak to the gentiles.
According to some views, prophecy is not a gift that is arbitrarily conferred upon people; rather, it is the culmination of a person's spiritual and ethical development. When a person reaches a sufficient level of spiritual and ethical achievement, the Shechinah (Divine Spirit) comes to rest upon him or her. Likewise, the gift of prophecy leaves the person if that person lapses from his or her spiritual and ethical perfection.The greatest of the prophets was Moses. It is said that Moses saw all that all of the other prophets combined saw, and more. Moses saw the whole of the Torah, including the Prophetsand the Writings that were written hundreds of years later. All subsequent prophecy was merely an expression of what Moses had already seen. Thus, it is taught that nothing in the Prophets or the Writings can be in conflict with Moses' writings, because Moses saw it all in advance.
The Talmud states that the writings of the prophets will not be necessary in theWorld to Come, because in that day, all people will be mentally, spiritually and ethically perfect, and all will have the gift of prophecy.

Who are the Prophets of the Jewish Scriptures? 

Why is Daniel Not a Prophet? 

I am often asked why the Book of Daniel is included in the Writings section of the Tanakhinstead of the Prophets section. Wasn't Daniel a prophet? Weren't his visions of the future true?
According to Judaism, Daniel is not one of the 55 prophets. His writings include visions of the future, which we believe to be true; however, his mission was not that of a prophet. His visions of the future were never intended to be proclaimed to the people; they were designed to be written down for future generations. Thus, they are Writings, not Prophecies, and are classified accordingly.

http://www.jewfaq.org/m/prophet.htm
0 Replies

dalehileman

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 01:03 pm
@anonymously99,
Quote:
Honestly.
I did not want a reply to my post.
Anon, my apologies

Oops
anonymously99

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 01:09 pm
@dalehileman,
BOOK I

Psalm 1

1:1 Blessed is the man who doesn’t walk in the counsel of the wicked, nor stand in the way of sinners, nor sit in the seat of scoffers;
1:2 but his delight is in Yahweh’s law. On his law he meditates day and night.
1:3 He will be like a tree planted by the streams of water,that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also does not wither. Whatever he does shall prosper.
1:4 The wicked are not so, but are like the chaff which the wind drives away.
1:5 Therefore the wicked shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
1:6 For Yahweh knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked shall perish.

Psalm 2

2:1 Why do the nations rage, and the peoples plot a vain thing?
2:2 The kings of the earth take a stand, and the rulers take counsel together, against Yahweh, and against his Anointed, saying,
2:3 “Let’s break their bonds apart,and cast their cords from us.”
2:4 He who sits in the heavens will laugh. The Lord will have them in derision.
2:5 Then he will speak to them in his anger,and terrify them in his wrath:
2:6 “Yet I have set my King on my holy hill of Zion.”
2:7 I will tell of the decree. Yahweh said to me, “You are my son. Today I have become your father.
2:8 Ask of me, and I will give the nations for your inheritance, the uttermost parts of the earth for your possession.
2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron. You shall dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.”
2:10 Now therefore be wise, you kings. Be instructed, you judges of the earth.
2:11 Serve Yahweh with fear,and rejoice with trembling.
2:12 Give sincere homage to the Son, lest he be angry, and you perish in the way, for his wrath will soon be kindled. Blessed are all those who take refuge in him.

Psalm 3

A Psalm by David, when he fled from Absalom his son.
3:1 Yahweh, how my adversaries have increased! Many are those who rise up against me.
3:2 Many there are who say of my soul, “There is no help for him in God.” Selah.
3:3 But you, Yahweh, are a shield around me, my glory, and the one who lifts up my head.
3:4 I cry to Yahweh with my voice,and he answers me out of his holy hill. Selah.
3:5 I laid myself down and slept. I awakened; for Yahweh sustains me.
3:6 I will not be afraid of tens of thousands of people who have set themselves against me on every side.
3:7 Arise, Yahweh! Save me, my God! For you have struck all of my enemies on the cheek bone. You have broken the teeth of the wicked.
3:8 Salvation belongs to Yahweh. Your blessing be on your people. Selah.
0 Replies

anonymously99

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 01:13 pm
@anonymously99,
I am vulnerable to the devil if I say I am vulnerable to the devil. I am strong in God's love therefore I am not vulnerable to the devil. Love defeats evil.
dalehileman

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 01:56 pm
@anonymously99,
The doldrums are sometimes caused by some everyday activity one might not even consider as a possible cause

http://able2know.org/topic/240120-1

For the same reason one might consider herbal mood meds instead, for instance, conversion to Christianity or psychotherapy at $100 an hour
anonymously99

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 02:10 pm
@anonymously99,
Depressed individuals are very vulnerable to Satan's claim that God is not good. Jesus' death on the cross proves God's love for you. It's the only weapon powerful enough to stand against Satan's lies.
Romans 5:6-8, 1 John 4:9, 10
Romans 5:6-8
New International Version (NIV)
6 You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless,
Christ died for the ungodly.
7 Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die.
8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
1 John 4:9–10
9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.
10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.