Need help with something please.

DanielB

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2014 03:20 pm
I have a good friend I met on site a site called Experience Project, she's amazing. She is gorgeous and has an amazing personality. We are so alike, we get on well and we both want similar things out of life. We have been talking for weeks now, and I'm falling for her. I thought to myself - It's the things we don't do/say that we regret the most - so I told her how I felt. She said that she felt the same, and that's great, but for some reason it's making me kinda upset and I don't know why.

I've a girlfriend before but I've never felt this strongly about a person. I have been using the internet and sites like these for a long time now and understand some people are not who they say they are, but I know for a fact she is who she is. I'd love to meet her in person, more than anything, but we are so far away from each other - by about three thousand miles - and I can't just go to her right now, my parents would never let me go to another country alone.

I love talking to her, so much. It's the highlight of my day. I do the best I can at school knowing that when I come home I get to relax and talk to her, sometimes for hours and hours on end. Even into the early hours of the morning. I am just clueless on what to do. This has been eating me alive.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,460 • Replies: 6
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2014 04:19 pm
Please go see the movie "Her.'

It's the story of your life right now.
Krumple

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2014 04:30 pm
@DanielB,
DanielB wrote:

I have a good friend I met on site a site called Experience Project, she's amazing. She is gorgeous and has an amazing personality. We are so alike, we get on well and we both want similar things out of life. We have been talking for weeks now, and I'm falling for her. I thought to myself - It's the things we don't do/say that we regret the most - so I told her how I felt. She said that she felt the same, and that's great, but for some reason it's making me kinda upset and I don't know why.

I've a girlfriend before but I've never felt this strongly about a person. I have been using the internet and sites like these for a long time now and understand some people are not who they say they are, but I know for a fact she is who she is. I'd love to meet her in person, more than anything, but we are so far away from each other - by about three thousand miles - and I can't just go to her right now, my parents would never let me go to another country alone.

I love talking to her, so much. It's the highlight of my day. I do the best I can at school knowing that when I come home I get to relax and talk to her, sometimes for hours and hours on end. Even into the early hours of the morning. I am just clueless on what to do. This has been eating me alive.

This is happening more and more. I remember when I was in highschool, just before the internet was common. In the early 90s. I remember saying things like, I wish there was a way to find people like me who went to other schools in the same city. Since I'm from a large city, there are about a dozen highschools and I knew there were people like me at those other schools but I had no way of meeting them.

Now it has been expanded. I meet people from other countries all the time. Some I have taken trips to meet and others have come to visit me. But it is easy for me now since I'm older and have options.

I take it you are still in school. So how old is this girl? Have you mentioned anything to your parents about her or the possibility of taking a trip? I've taken trips alone before, so I can't imagine that your parents would be completely against it, unless it was too expensive and you weren't helping to pay for it.
DanielB

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2014 04:49 pm
@PUNKEY,
I've seen it, that is completely different.
0 Replies

DanielB

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2014 04:56 pm
@Krumple,
Yes, I'm still in School.
We're the same age, but I'm younger just by a few months.
I haven't spoken to my parents about going, if I went I would rather pay for it on my own.
Krumple

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2014 05:07 pm
@DanielB,
DanielB wrote:

Yes, I'm still in School.
We're the same age, but I'm younger just by a few months.
I haven't spoken to my parents about going, if I went I would rather pay for it on my own.

If you are paying for it and everyone is fine with it, that being your parents and the girl and her parents. I really don't see what the problem would be or why you would be worried about it. But that is only the start. Carrying on a long distance relationship is really not an easy thing to do. I wouldn't even suggest it unless you both were truly dead set on being together. Being young, I don't know what life choices you have made, like college or work or where you want to live. These things will definitely have an impact on a long distance relationship. I would never toss out a career opportunity for a relationship. But that is just me and my experiences talking.

In my opinion people and relationships are fickle. Today you might be in love but tomorrow you might be tossing their stuff out on the curb. But losing the opportunity for and education or career can impact your life far more than losing a chance at love.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 04:23 pm
@DanielB,
A word of advice in all this: Your schooling should always come first, second, and third, over any girl 3000km away.

What you learn at school, and the results you get, affect the rest of your life - while very, very few boyfriend/girlfriend relationships from school last.

That's not to say don't see her - just that if you do, don't let it interfere with your school.
0 Replies