<ROTFLMAO!>
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 04:27 pm
nice melon.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 05:02 pm
Casting aspersions? What about asparagus at twenty paces, D'art? Cav would win, I'm afraid.

Casaba melon, I believe, Patio.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 08:11 pm
Sorry, can't resist:

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/miramax_films/pinero/tina_louise/pineropre2.jpg
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 11:46 pm
I won't have anyone casting asparagus on Mary Ann's character!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 07:58 am
Ahhhhhh!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 10:42 am
i didn't realize tina louize is the crypt keeper's daughter Shocked

http://www.artie.com/cm/art/artists/jimludtke/images/ck_faced.jpg
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 10:46 am
I told you she aged badly....now we have proof.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 10:47 am
With that neck, I'm starting to think Tina is Cardassian.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 10:55 am
[size=8]I like that T.L. looks like she's aged. D.W. looks like she's been coated in plastic. [/size]
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 10:57 am
But I'm sure here inner beauty has not been lost. Besides, if they wanted to take a glam shot, I'd bet she'd still look fantastic, all things being equal (such as her, ahem, being a woman of a certain age).
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 11:08 am
"IMPACT ON THE '60s: Few of our Swingin' Chicks of the '60s have tried to separate themselves from their '60s pasts as much as Tina Louise has. At times it's seemed like she's almost embarrassed about the cult stardom that has lingered from her role as Ginger Grant on "Gilligan's Island" in the mid-'60s. Even in the '60s she seemed to see the show for the lightweight froth that it was. When it debuted, critics roasted it: the L.A. Times wrote that it "never should have reached the air," the N.Y. Times called it "the most preposterous sitcom of the season," and the S.F. Chronicle called the show "preposterously bad" and couldn't "believe that 'Gilligan's Island' was written, directed, and filmed by adults." But pulled along by high ratings, the show survived for three years and three decades of reruns. In a recent interview with Pinup magazine, she said she doesn't even include the show on her resume: "Who wants to be known just for that? I don't want to traipse around in an evening gown looking glamorous for the rest of my life." When Sherwood Schwartz created "Gilligan's Island," supposedly Jayne Mansfield was the model for sex goddess Ginger Grant. When Jayne allegedly rejected the part, thirty-year-old Tina got it, and eternal cult popularity was hers. "Gilligan's Island" ran from '64 to '67, totalling 98 primetime episodes and thousands of reruns. The show raised far more questions than it ever answered: Why would the Howells bring bags of cash with them? Why would everybody pack so many clothes for a three-hour cruise? How come they could build a record player and a car but they couldn't fix a two-foot hole in the Minnow? How could such a slight show that was derided by the critics stay so popular for so long? Though the lightweight plots floated along with buoyant slapstick, Ginger Grant did display a range of talents, from singing to seducing (to get off the island Ginger made unfulfilled overtures to virtually every guest star who drifted into view) to sympathizing (one dream sequence showed her as a nurse). Some 35 years after the show left its characters stranded 250 miles (the Professor's estimate) southeast of Hawaii, Tina is still trying to get off "Gilligan's Island."

0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 11:14 am
Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
A tale of a fateful trip,
That started from this tropic port,
Aboard this tiny ship.

The mate was a mighty sailing man,
The skipper brave and sure.
Five passengers set sail that day,
For a three hour tour, a three hour tour.

The weather started getting rough,
The tiny ship was tossed,
If not for the courage of the fearless crew,
The minnow would be lost, the minnow would be lost.

The ship set ground on the shore of this uncharted desert isle,
With Gilligan,
The Skipper too,
The millionaire and his wife,
The movie star,
And The Rest,
Here on Gilligans Isle.

See? They left out Mary Ann and the professor... Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 11:18 am
Letty, a later version of the theme song replaced the "and the rest" line with "the professor and Mary Ann." I'm not certain, but I think it's when the show went to colour.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 11:21 am
Interesting how the critics blasted the show. That was just after FCC Chairman Newton Minow famously blasted TV as "a vast wasteland." Of course, that was long before cable.

Now we have hundreds of channels and "Survivor". I will say no more!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 11:43 am
Cav, I knew that. I was just funnin'. It's called political correctness in color and in black and white.

D'art, you're sooooooo right. What anyone sees in those reality shows is beyond me. I haven't found one show on pay TV that is any better than Gilligan, and after watching CNN today, I'm beginning to think "Minnow" was right.
0 Replies