"We are sorry that our president is an idiot..."

mporter

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 05:53 pm
Mr. Greyfan:
I have been searching for the academic records concering President Bush's MBA degree. I am referring specifically to grades earned. I am unable to locate reports of specific grades earned in classes at Havard Business School by President Bush.

Do you know where I can find them?

I do know that Harvard Business School was considered to be the best MBA when President Bush was attending but I do not know that he graduated, as you indicated he might have, as the last one in his class( your reference to Doctors).

I do know something about Harvard. It is not easy to get into Harvard Business School and it is not easy to get a degree from that school.
0 Replies

mporter

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 05:54 pm
I am sorry, IronLionZion. You may be right. Perhaps we should limit ourselves to IQ tests for prospective voters or , at least, a basic Current Events quiz.
What say you?
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 05:58 pm
mporter wrote:
I am sorry, IronLionZion. You may be right. Perhaps we should limit ourselves to IQ tests for prospective voters or , at least, a basic Current Events quiz.
What say you?

I never said anything about restricting who can vote.
0 Replies

mporter

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 06:12 pm
I apologize, IronLionZion. You are correct. And since no one, least of all you, would bar people from voting, the people you speak about-"the 80% who can't find Afghanistan on a map" and those who think that" Saddam Hussien(sic) was personally connected to 9-11" will most probably be able to vote for the man, President Bush, who, as you said, made those "abhorrant( sic) policy decisions."

I must agree with you. I would hope that all of our voters would be able to read, write and spell correctly.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 07:37 pm
Guys, in his previous incarnation here as Italgato, mporter made the same inane comments in the same insulting tone. Perhaps if we ignore him he will go away.
0 Replies

mporter

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 08:04 pm
I am very sorry to correct Mr. Hobitbob. I am not able to detect any insulting tone in any of my messages. I do not know anyone named Italgato.
I wonder if Mr. Hobitbob is aware that Article One of the Consititution allows for Freedom of Speech. As long as speech is cordial and not insulting to anyone, it should be welcomed.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 08:13 pm
Not much of a disguise, Italgato. You should have changed your writing style.
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 09:01 pm
mporter

Sadly, I do not know where to find a copy of Mr. Bush's grades at Harvard. My reference to their lack of distinction is based on my recollection of something I read, the source and exact nature of which is now lost in the mists of my less than stellar memory. Perhaps I am even wrong.

But I also seem to recall Mr. Bush describing himself as an indifferent student. Perhaps, even if his grades were as low as I believe they were, we may conclude they do not reflect the actual level of scholastic success he was capable of achieving, though we will never know.

I am afraid you may have interpreted my "Doctor" reference in an unintended way, though I can see in retrospect that such an inference can be supported. I hope you have not deliberately misconstrued it for the sake of arguement, which seems to be the tactic you are employing in your discussion with IronLionZion. As to Mr. Bush's class standing, I have no information on it though I suspect that if he were in fact last this would be something of which we would have been made aware of by the Democratic party. I conclude, therefore, that he was NOT last, and will stick with my recollection that he was an average student, until shown evidence to the contrary.

You may recall that Einstein was not a good student, and that Ulysses S. Grant DID finish last in his class at West Point.

In my opinion, academic success is not a wholly reliable indicator of intelligence. Although, in Mr. Bush's case, I don't see any evidence that indicates he should be considered one of the anomalies.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 09:17 pm
Bush would never have gotten into Wharton. If he were to be bought in, he'd flunk for sure.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 09:24 pm
I myself feel that our country, might as well have been invaded by Martians and body snatchers. Sometimes I wish it had been. What has happened, though, is that it has been taken over by means of the sleaziest, low-comedy, Keystone Cops-style coup d'etat imaginable. And those now in charge of the federal government are upper-crust C-students who know no history or geography, plus not-so-closeted white supremacists, aka "Christians," and plus, most frighteningly, psychopathic personalities, or "PPs."
0 Replies

mporter

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 10:32 pm
Mr. Greyfan is quite correct. Academic success is indeed not a wholly reliable reliable indicator of intelligence. The key here is, of course, the phrase, wholly reliable. However, there is empirical evidence to show that the SAT distribution(verbal score) for high school seniors is much higher for those attending Harvard than those attending other colleges.
The College Entrance Examination Board indicates that the average Harvard verbal score is around 680 whereas the average Tulane verbal score is about 540 and the average North Carolina State score is about 440. It is clear that those entering Harvard have higher SAT verbal scores than those entering other colleges such as Tulane or North Carolina State.

Perhaps you are aware, Mr. Greyfan, that SAT scores correlate quite well with IQ. In fact, there is a table available called "Pre-Recentering SAT to IQ estimator" which gives correlations.

Your memory has not failed you, Mr. Greyfan. President Bush did indeed indicte that he was an indifferent student, however, he indicated that he was an indifferent student at Yale Undergraduate School rather than at Harvard when he received his MBA.

I must point out that the title of this discussion indicates that President Bush is an idiot.

It is my impression that such a judgment does not jibe with available empirical data and can be made only on the basis of policy differences and contentions that President Bush is promoting failed and ineffective policies. That may well be true. However, that is a judgment which will be ratified by the electorate on Nov. 2nd. It is not an empirical finding.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 10:36 pm
What's the correlation between Bush's SAT verbal score and his speech pattern that we are all familiar with?
0 Replies

mporter

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 10:46 pm
A correlation between SAT scores and speech patterns? I really don't know but I do remember hearing a speech that sounded something like this-

I left my cah in the yad at Havad.

That was President Kennedy.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 10:50 pm
mporter, Afraid to address my obvious question? Forget it.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 10:55 pm
any 'employer' who holds the evidence of someone's academic background above clear evidence of their incompetence in the 'workplace', deserves what they get!
0 Replies

mporter

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 10:59 pm
BoWoGo is absolutely correct. Any employer who holds the evidence of someone's academic background above clear evidence of their incompetence in the "workplace" deserves what they get.

The American voter, who is in the final analysis the ultimate employer, will decide on Nov. 2nd whether the politicians in office at this time are "incompetent in the workplace. The American voter made decisions in November 2002. Some of those decisions startled those on the left.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 May, 2004 11:47 pm
No, it was not the voters who decided the 2000 election. Gore had more votes than Bush; it was the electoral college that got Bush into office - and many will argue it was the justices of the superior court in washington. The ideal of "every vote counts" in presidential elections sometimes fails the voters.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 01:02 am
Mr. Bush is not stupid; he is an evangelical Christian, a fundalmentalist like Jerry Falwell, Billy Graham, and Pat Robertson, who want to impose their religious values on the rest of the world. I believe the war in Iraq is a war between religious fundamentalists, basically that is the motivation, though nationalism and Al Quaida now plays a big role. Many Iraqis, although they are glad to be shed of Hussein, want the U.S. out of their country for the same reason we wouldn't want to be occupied.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 09:38 am
coluber, Couldn't have said it any better; if they all want us there, they'd be hugging our soldiers, not killing them.
0 Replies