confused with this one guy, giving mixed signals

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2014 02:10 am
theres this guy in my institution and hes the quiet type of guy
long story short
we have talked on campus and he glances at me alot, and makes random conversation with me and also sometimes totally ignore me and walk pass me with his head down, and he will stare at me if i am with other guys, so all my friends and me thought maybe he likes me, and one day he even asked for my number which was surprising. I am his only girl buddy there. If i start a conversation in person he will be very delighted and would talk.

problem is when I texted him my number he responded after 2 days even though he checked it at first and when he responded he replied and then disappeared. few days ago when we met on campus he was in his friends and they all were chatting with me, and he was super friendly and joked with me, smiled more than usual ( my friends noticed that too ) so then I thought all is normal

so I went home and messaged him something whether he has a novel or not, he didnot reply and its been 2 days, why would he act like this even though he gave me his number himself? one time hes normal and other times totally distant like he doesnot want me in his life.... maybe hes bipolar, -___-
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 456 • Replies: 7
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2014 02:18 am
@firstgirl,
I doubt he's bipolar, or any other such thing. Probably just doesn't know how to act around girls.

If he's interesting, stay with it, but in person is more likely to be productive than all this electronic messaging.
firstgirl

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2014 02:31 am
@roger,
well i am his only girl buddy there but not the only one in his life, hes very confident around girls that he knows outside campus.

can he be playing hard to get? hes 4 years older than me too
roger

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2014 02:44 am
@firstgirl,
Oh. In that case, you might be stuck in the dreaded 'friend zone'. I don't know about this hard to get business. Never had much luck with it. Maybe it works for him, or he just hasn't yet found it doesn't work.

Why not go back to the buddy thing, and keep an eye out for whatever else might be available.

Sorry I couldn't help.
firstgirl

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2014 02:59 am
@roger,
then why will he ask for my number? I am not his really close friend that taking my number would have been fine as we were good friends, we only talked when we saw each other in the hallway...

and if im friend zoned why does he glance at me and keep me in his view! :/
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2014 08:58 am
Asking a girl for her phone number is the #1 "line"

Girls hang on that possibility. Sorry, but that's the truth.

He had no intention of starting up something up with you.

0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 06:15 pm
@firstgirl,
He could just be very timid... Next time you see him (alone ideally), ask him bluntly why he did not answer your text. If he sweet-talks you an explanation, keep your eyes open, beware, but see where it goes. If he blushes and mumbles - that would be a dead giveaway of a timid person having to speak about "feelings" with his secret love. Otherwise, if he's just cold when answering, just drop him.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 06:24 pm
@firstgirl,
How old is he?
0 Replies