The Prez did good at the 9/11 commission today?

revel

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 10:40 am
Did reporters say the following or was that your comment?

Quote:
President Bush has gone further than any other president has to be helpful to a fact finding body.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 10:56 am
Well I paraphrased it, but they are saying it was unprecedented.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 11:08 am
Foxfyre wrote:

Typically uncareful. "Unprecedented" (while incorrect in itself) refers to something other than 'helpfulness' in the formation and prosecution of this commission, which this administration has NOT been. It has been obstructionist.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 11:11 am
Who said it was unprecedented that are blatham's favorite reporters?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 03:56 pm
No. the prez did well today. And since we're not allowed to see or hear, who knows really?
0 Replies

Deecups36

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 03:59 pm
What's so intriguing to me is, Condoleezza Rice testified under oath, but neither Bush or Dick had to testify under oath. Kinda' like a chat a couple of guys might have in a sports bar someplace. Shocked
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 06:00 pm
If you recall, part of the "deal" the administration made was that if they allowed the commision to speak to Condi, they would only be allowed one shot at Bush and Cheney together (not under oath, so they could lie), and would not ask to recall any of the administration's people as witnesses.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 09:12 pm
blatham wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

Typically uncareful. "Unprecedented" (while incorrect in itself) refers to something other than 'helpfulness' in the formation and prosecution of this commission, which this administration has NOT been. It has been obstructionist.

What do you mean by "typically uncareful"?

Your statement that "It has been obstructionist" also needs to be panned out. What do you mean by that? How has it been obstructionist? By creating the commission? By giving the commission unfettered access to everything it needs? By testifying in front of the commission?
0 Replies