Nervous about taking it to the next level

gh3

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 01:26 am
I've been married for 18 yrs to an abusive man. Both physically and emotionally abusive. 2 yrs ago his friend approached me and told me I deserve better than that and that he's had feelings for me since we met 17 yrs ago. We've been having an emotional affair since then. He got in some trouble and ended up in jail for 15 months. We've spoken every day since and now he's in a half way house. We both are ready to take it to the next level and be intimate. I am terrified! We love eachother and I'm leaving my husband as soon as he gets out of the halfway house. I mean I've been with the same man for 21 yrs, 18 of which we have been married. I haven't been with another man in all that time. It is scary. Does anyone have any advice or words of encouragement? I appreciate it so much. This man means a lot to me and I want our first time to be special.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 497 • Replies: 3
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 01:57 am
@gh3,
Well, I certainly encourage you to get out of that abusive relationship as soon as possible.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 06:59 am
@gh3,
Don't attach leaving your husband to being with this other guy. Hell, if you thought your husband was abusive before, you might want to reconsider this entire strategy.

Instead, I suggest that you get your financial ducks in a row and leave now. Don't wait for halfway houses and all of that. Don't put your future (and your health) on hold.

Prince Halfway House Charming might also turn out to not be so charming when you get a good look at him.

Learn to live on your own, and be the independent, strong adult that you can be. A lover isn't necessary for that to happen.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 08:55 am
Wow - you want to jump from an abuser to a jail bird.

Don't you think you need to just stand alone for a while so you can learn how to choose better men?

0 Replies