Kinky Friedman: Where There's A Weed There's A Way

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2014 08:19 pm
Kinky Friedman: Where There's A Weed There's A Way
On Thursday morning Kinky Friedman, Democratic candidate for Agriculture Commissioner, sat down for an interview with the Texas Tribune's Evan Smith. Kinky is a well-known but polarizing figure finding himself in a run off with the unknown and plain named Jim Hogan who openly views himself as a protest vote after the party favorite failed to make it out of the first round. Kinky, who gained fame as a Texas outlaw, comedian, and entertainer, is finding that the most difficult part of landing his next big gig is having others take him seriously.
For all the right reasons Friedman wants to legalize pot and hemp which he has made the focus of his campaign but unfortunately doing so is not in the purview of the Texas Agricultural Commissioner. When pressed on this by Smith, he touted the economic and environmental benefits of farming hemp vs. Cotton, our state's current largest cash crop. He said he spoke to many small farmers who were enthusiastic about the potential for a crop that used 50% less water without any of the pesticides.

He then went on the offensive asking why this Smith seem to be dismissing his policy position as if the "whole world wasn't talking about this...Lots of candidates are talking about education, but I'm talking about how to fund It," he said.

More from Kinky on Willie, weed and water, below the jump...

http://www.burntorangereport.com/diary/14989/kinky-friedman-where-theres-a-weed-theres-a-way

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2014 08:39 pm
The kinkster can be entertaining, but I don't know that he is a credible politician.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 07:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
I've met him and talked with him and he's no wild eyed crazy. He's third or fourth generation Texan. He lives and ranches in a very rural Texas.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 07:11 pm
Wild eyed crazy are not my words. I remember when he ran for governor, I did not feel he was up to the job.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 07:43 pm
I really like Kinky for so many reasons, but I feel very confident that he would never consider bobsal anything but a tool.
raprap

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 11:22 pm
They don't make too many Texas Jews like the Kinkster---if I were a Texas Jew I'd sure as hell vote for him.

Trouble is--I don't live in Texas. Indiana needs a Texas Jew like the Kinkster.

Rap
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 06:55 am
@edgarblythe,
I agree with that, but I also don't think he seriously thought he had a chance until too late. By then he had no momentum. He transitioned from gadfly to politician too late. He did seriously run for RR Commissioner (a very important low key post in Texas gumint. He did have a good motto, "I can't do any worse." Not as good as Alice Cooper's when he ran for AZ guberner, " A troubled man for troubled times." Kinky's very informed on Texas issues.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 06:59 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
You think that about me only because you don't know me. But then I don't hang with degenerates like you, and you don't reading comprehend much so you're bound to get that and so much more abysmally wrong.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 08:01 pm
Actually, Kinky would make a far better governor than Bush, Perry and Abbot, but hell almost any non Republican would also.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 07:12 am
@edgarblythe,
He would be an actively good governor in Texas, a state where the Governorship is a fairly simple job with little power. Veto and call special sessions is about it.
0 Replies

Pamela Rosa

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 07:17 am
Every one of the bastards that are out for legalizing marijuana are Jewish - Richard Nixon
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 05:59 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

You think that about me only because you don't know me. But then I don't hang with degenerates like you, and you don't reading comprehend much so you're bound to get that and so much more abysmally wrong.

No, I think that about you, bobsal, because I know you, bobsal.

I also know that you bobsal post idiotic comments like "I don't hang with degenerates like you" ( You know me to be a " degenerate" how? Because I never, ever agree with you?), and laughable ignorant ones like: " ...you don't reading comprehend much..."
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 06:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
OK. How were Bush and Perry lousy governors, and why will Abbot be so too? Because they are Republicans?

What possible evidence do you have to believe that Friedman would have been a better governor than Bush or Perry?

But forget about your fancies, why was Richards a better governor that either of them?

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 07:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
"I really like Kinky for so many reasons, but I feel very confident that he would never consider bobsal anything but a tool. "

Dish it out but can't take it. You really don't know me, finn. I am not the bobsal you think I am. If I'm a tool, surely you are a degenerate.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 08:01 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Dish it out but can't take it.

That's rich coming from the person who fired back with Degenerate!

Let's be clear, I don't care who you are what you may be like outside of this forum. I react to A2K's "bobsal" as I perceive him to be by what he posts. If you are a different person in the "real world," and it matters to you what I think about the real you then don't keep posting like A2K's bobsal.

Bobsal is lines on a web page. Unless your parents were peculiar, your name isn't bobsal. If we met in a bar tomorrow we could part great friends, but that isn't the environment in which Finn and bobsal interact.

I don't need to know the real you to comment on the A2K you, and how could that ever be a valid requirement?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 09:00 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Because you're a blow hard who can dish it out but not take it. Grow up.
0 Replies