Outlook Express

clancam

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 05:38 pm
I'm having a problem accessing hyperlinks. When I click on a hyperlink sent via an email my system locks up. need to ctrl/alt/del.
Someone suggested it may be my outlook express causing the problem.
Can sks help me?
clancam
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,846 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2014 06:16 am
@clancam,
I'm trying to think of how Outlook Express could be causing the problem. What happens when you copy/paste the link within your email into a browser window? Does it work, or does it still freeze up?
clancam

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 06:46 pm
@jespah,
Hi jespah,
I'm an amateur, cannot copy/paste the link. I retype the hyperlink and log on that way. It does work sometimes, not always.
The problem is with all hyperlinks I get from various sources not just one site.
Hope you can help me.
clancam
0 Replies

clancam

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2014 06:35 pm
@jespah,
Hi jespah,
If the hyperlink works after copy/paste what would be the likely problem.
I'm running WinXP , need to upgrade to Win 7 or Win8, would that solve the problem?
clancam
jespah

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2014 06:45 pm
@clancam,
I don't think an upgrade would matter. Links should just work and that's that - the version should not matter.

Here, I'll teach you how to copy/paste. Smile Save you some time.

For whatever you want to copy, do you know how to paint over with your left mouse button? Just hold that button down and move from left to right over whatever you want to copy, and then you'll have selected what you want. Once you're done, right-click and select Copy (or you can hit the Ctrl key and, while holding it down, hit the C on your keyboard).

Now navigate over to where you want to paste, and either hit the Ctrl key and, while holding it down, hit the V on your keyboard. Or, you can right-click again and select Paste (I believe you need to hit Enter after that).

Here, I'm going to bold some text. You most likely won't keep the formatting but this will be practice, okay? And then you'll know how to copy/paste.

So here's the text to copy/paste -

I can copy/paste! I am awesome!

Enjoy. Smile I wish I could help with your Outlook issue.
clancam

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 11:19 pm
@jespah,
Hi jespah,
Thanks for how to copy/paste. I had forgotten how so the reminder was very timely.
clancam
0 Replies