My boyfriend stares a lot at other women.

RedDragonfly

Thu 27 Mar, 2014 02:54 pm
@ehBeth,
They just stare back at him. What I meant was a couple of minutes.
I've decided to go with the flow on this. He's actually a really great guy. I think it's best to make a little joke about it the next time I catch him staring again Smile
FOUND SOUL

Thu 27 Mar, 2014 03:27 pm
@RedDragonfly,
RedDragon/Red Flag.

Yes, we have a right for privacy. But, any guy that keeps his phone on silent, texts when you are not around, won't let you even see the phone, to me is hiding something. Then in addition he constantly stares at women, to me that's un-dressing them with his eyes.

What you need to do is to know in your heart of hearts you are the one, at this point in time.

Yes, you are both young but you need to be sure that you are "the only" one at this point in time yes? Without snooping.

Bring it all up with him. It's not "natural" to hide things from your partner.
ehBeth

Thu 27 Mar, 2014 03:38 pm
@RedDragonfly,
Staring for a couple of minutes is not normal.

It is creepy.

Sounds like they are warning him off by staring back.
0 Replies

chai2

Thu 27 Mar, 2014 03:52 pm
@RedDragonfly,
RedDragonfly wrote:

He says it's a natural thing for guys to do, I did agree.

That's a load of crap.

Sounds like something a little kid would say.

"Well, all the kids are doing it."

It's natural for both males and females to notice someone attractive. Notice, not stare at.

I don't think this question has come up....What is his ethnic background?
0 Replies

RedDragonfly

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 10:18 am
@FOUND SOUL,
So, should I be allowed to see his phone? It's tempting to ask, but I feel that if I do - he'll question it and say that I don't trust him. I don't want him to think that. Is it really a bad sign if he keeps it on airplane mode? He says it helps him save batteries.
FOUND SOUL

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 03:18 pm
@RedDragonfly,
No, keeping a mobile phone on airplane mode does saves batteries. But, if I am write, you stated that he won't text in front of you, if you happen to glance he turns away, in-other-words in totality he hides the phone and messages from you.

A relationship does not comprise of keeping secrets and it certainly comprises of Trust.

Do you think you have a reason not to trust him?

People have answers for everything - " You don't trust me" is exactly what he would state .

I would be asking why he chooses to never let you see anything the texts to people, even by accident, ie) you are walking past, why he turns away so you can't see. If he were to say "why don't you trust me?", I'd be saying " Why wouldn't I but why would you continually ensure I can never see anything you text even if I am next to you?".
RedDragonfly

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 05:08 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Usually he doesn't text when I'm with him. Is this based on politeness?
Recently he did text when I was there and he turned. I asked why and he said it was his mother, he gets embarrassed when she texts so he turns from me.
I do trust him, but the phone thing does worry me a little.
The staring issue was ok, I talked it through with him.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 06:34 pm
You love, a big word, this particular boy/man, you say. Can you explain why?

Love is at least partly a result of caring by both people.
0 Replies