New poll from Iraq

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 10:16 am
Foxfyre wrote:
And what is its political agenda?

Do you connect research institutes always to an "political aganda"?

How do you 'weight' foreign one's?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 10:21 am
No I don't always connect research institutes to a political agenda, but it is always wise to look for that possibility before swallowing whole hog the implied results of any poll or results of any 'scientific' research. When I don't know anything about an organization, I am not going to accept their opinions as gospel without reservation.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 10:31 am
Well, so "International Politics" isn't your thing, I suppose. :wink:
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 10:51 am
I am not familiar with the organization that conducted the poll, no. Do you have any information on it?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 11:20 am
No, it's a Gallup 'daughter', that's all I know.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 12:01 pm
Foxfyre said "Well John they weren't dead when they answered the poll were they?"

Hopefully many of them were more alive than some who were recorded as voting for Bush in Florida long after their demise. :wink:
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 03:57 pm
No kidding!
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 04:22 pm
John writes:
Quote:
Hopefully many of them were more alive than some who were recorded as voting for Bush in Florida long after their demise.

You know, I don't recall seeing a single news story charging that or any incident that investigations of voter fraud, conducted by Democrats, turned up a single instance of that in Florida.

Here in Bernalillo County, New Mexico, however, a woman went to vote and when she began to initial her name as she picked up her ballot, she was horrified to see that her husband, a Democrat, had already voted. He had died 30 days before. There were several cases like that. Every one was a fraudulent vote for Gore. Not enough to tip the state in favor of Bush mind you, but Gore won by about 500 votes here in New Mexico and we all had to wonder.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 04:41 pm
cripes.
0 Replies