New poll from Iraq

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:44 pm
New poll from Iraq proves propaganda works...

21. In your opinion, how have U.S. forces in Iraq conducted themselves? [READ OUT]
Very well 10%
Fairly well 24
Fairly badly 29
Very badly 29
Don't know 9
Refused 1

22. [IF ANSWERED FAIRLY OR VERY BADLY] Do you say this [READ OUT]
From personal experience, 7%
From things you have seen yourself, or 39
From what you have heard? 54

25. Have you or any other household members had any personal contact with any U.S. military forces or not?
Yes 6%
No 94

26.4. If the Coalition left Iraq today, would you feel more safe or less safe?
More safe 28%
Less safe 53
No difference (vol.) 12
Don't Know 8

36.1. Do you think your life or your family's life would be in danger if you were seen to be cooperating with the
CPA?
Yes, would be in danger 69%
No, will not be in danger 22
Don't know 8
Refused 1

60. Thinking about any hardships you might have suffered since the US, Britain invasion, do you personally
think that ousting Saddam Hussein was worth it or not?
Yes, was worth it 61%
No, was not worth it 28
Don't know 9
Refused 2

There are numerous other questions answered by this poll, read it and share your feelings.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,577 • Replies: 28
No top replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:46 pm
Quote:
36.1. Do you think your life or your family's life would be in danger if you were seen to be cooperating with the CPA?

Son of a ...

How the hell am I going to get my taxes done?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:52 pm
Stuff like this is fascinating to me. The most telling stat there is that 94% of the people polled said they had had no personal contact with U.S. military forces. If a poll was conducted among those who are actively engaged in peace keeping and/or rebuilding activities, I wonder how different the results might look?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:56 pm
New poll from Iraq proves propaganda works...

Quote:
7. After the invasion of Iraq by US and British forces, which of the following, if any, happened to you personally or to members of your household:

A. No electricity

Total Baghdad Shi'ite Sunni Kurd
Last 4 weeks 47 70 44 60 -
At some point since invasion 78 100 79 96 1
Before war 68 48 80 83 *

B. No clean water

Last 4 weeks 32 39 29 40 *
At some point since invasion 49 55 51 57 1
Before war 36 27 42 38 1

C. No medicine

Last 4 weeks 17 25 17 18 -
At some point since invasion 25 37 30 23 -
Before war 15 14 21 12 -

D. No food

Last 4 weeks 16 19 20 19 -
At some point since invasion 25 35 35 26 -
Before war 11 7 19 10 *

E. Unsafe at night

Last 4 weeks 60 90 58 70 *
At some point since invasion 74 95 79 85 *
Before war 10 3 16 7 -

F. Afraid to worship

Last 4 weeks 5 8 4 5 -
At some point since invasion 5 10 5 5 -
Before war 54 67 82 28 *

G. Freer to speak mind

Last 4 weeks 61 78 70 47 38
At some point since invasion 64 82 75 50 38
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 03:31 pm
Walter, Walter, you are to honest Smile Now McG will ignore B-E (especially since it directly oppose some of his previous claims and those "soldier letters"), but he will use F for 11,423 topics on 7,965 forums worldwide Wink
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 03:36 pm
Where are your figures from Walter?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 03:51 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Where are your figures from Walter?

Same poll as quoted above:

Poll: Iraqis out of patience
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 03:55 pm
A figure
http://ruckus.org/warprofiteers/img/cardsbig/card0039.jpg
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 04:43 pm
Is this the same poll of 3,444 Iraqis that say among other things:

1. Nearly half the Iraqis polled in a survey conducted primarily in March and early April said they believed the U.S.-led war had done more harm than good?

2. Nearly half -- 47 percent -- said they believed attacks against U.S. forces in Iraq could not be justified?

3. Fifty-four percent said conditions for creating peace and stability had worsened in the three months before they were questioned for the poll?

4. Asked about when they wanted U.S. and British forces to leave, 57 percent chose immediately?

5. Forty-four percent gave Bush a very unfavorable rating and 11 percent somewhat unfavorable; 24 percent said they held a favorable opinion of the U.S. president?

6. Twenty-nine percent said troops had conducted themselves very badly, while another 29 percent said fairly badly?

7. Two-thirds -- 67 percent -- said troops were not trying at all to keep ordinary Iraqis from being killed in exchanges of gunfire?

8. Those polled gave the troops low marks for reconstruction efforts. Asked about the restoration of basic services such as electricity and clean drinking water, 41 percent said the troops were trying only a little and 44 percent said they were not trying at all?

9. Seventy-one percent surveyed said they saw troops mostly as occupiers, while 19 percent said they viewed them as liberators?

Is this the poll?

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/04/28/iraq.poll/index.html
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 06:58 pm
New
http://www.muslimwakeup.com/archives/images/chicken.jpg

The New Iraqi Flag
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 08:04 pm
(chuckle)
How does this have anything to do with propaganda? The respondents live in Iraq.
I have a feeling they might know better than you do, McG, what it's been like.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 08:59 pm
If 94% of them have had NO encounters with US military, where are they getting their information from to form an opinion? Islamic propaganda. Therefore it must be working because if 94% have not actually been in contact with US personel.

That's what this has to do with propaganda.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 09:56 pm
As far as the portion of the poll that asks about US soldiers, they could be getting that info from relatives and friends as well as from news shows.
Is it an opinion poll or a fact poll?
As for the rest of it, they live there, so they can answer questions about whether they are better off or whether they feel safer perfectly fine by themselves, don't you think?
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 01:05 am
noooo suzy, it's just islamic propaganda. those people that said, for example, that they have no food now, and that they had it before war are just under influence of propaganda - they actually have food and under influence of propaganda they think that they are hungry, and they also think that they had food before war, while it's obvius (cause 94% of them never had personal contact with US soldiers) that they had no food back then

now it makes me wonder - my town was under serbian rockets for four years and I thought that I want them to leave or to be defeated...now I realize how unfair is this, because I had no personal contacts with serbian soldiers or commanders

And I was so unfair to think that serbian soldiers are bad. Because, for just one of many examples, when rocket hit bus station and killed 7 year old girl I neither saw it nor had personal experience of it (cause I am not that little girl) - as well as at least 99% of people in my town (town of 70,000, I doubt more then 700 people was involved in this "incident" including those that we at bus station /many wounded also/, those that checked through their windows after explosion, emergency and hospital personal...), and others were so crazy to make our opinions only of what we heard. And it was maybe just catholic propaganda, while nothing of it actually happened.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 01:15 am
[quote="Foxfyre"]Stuff like this is fascinating to me. The most telling stat there is that 94% of the people polled said they had had no personal contact with U.S. military forces. If a poll was conducted among those who are actively engaged in peace keeping and/or rebuilding activities, I wonder how different the results might look?[/quote]

Surely it would be somewhat difficult for Iraqis who had any contact with U.S. military forces to take part in the poll ..... since most of them are dead.
Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 09:31 am
MyOwnUsername, Smile
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 10:00 am
Well John they weren't dead when they answered the poll were they?

I am reserving judgment on this one. I find it suspicious that for the most part it was those who had no contact with the coalition forces who were interviewed. Where do these people live? Have the rebuilding contractors gotten to where they live yet? Do they have any any idea of the fighting going on, understand the reasons behind it, and why it is happening?

How would a similar poll look among those Iraqis where the lights are back on and the hospitals and schools are repaired etc.?

My reasons for questioning how good a picture we get from this poll is that the reports I'm hearing first hand from the guys who have actually been there are so different. But admittedly, the guys returning home from Iraq also were limited to mostly their own experience and weren't privy to what was happening everywhere else.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 10:07 am
Quote:
The USA TODAY/CNN/Gallup Poll of 3,444 Iraqis, the largest and most comprehensive poll in Iraq since last year's invasion, was administered by the Pan Arab Research Center of Dubai.

Interviews were conducted between March 22 and April 2, with the exception of the governate of Sulaymaniya where interviews ran through April 9. All interviews were conducted in person in the respondent's home, with an average interview length of 70 minutes. The cooperation rate - the percentage of those contacted who agreed to be interviewed - was 98%.

Two of the three governates in the predominantly Kurdish region, which has its own administrative agencies and has been largely independent from Baghdad for the past decade, did not participate in the poll. To have a full representation of Kurdish views in the poll , additional interviews in the third governate, Sulaymaniya, were conducted.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 10:11 am
The USA TODAY/CNN/Gallup Poll of 3,444 Iraqis, the largest and most comprehensive poll in Iraq since last year's invasion, was administered by the Pan Arab Research Center of Dubai.

I failed to see that before. Who is the Pan Arab Research Center of Dubai? And what is its political agenda?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 10:14 am
It's a Gallup company:
Quote:
PAN ARAB RESEARCH CENTER (PARC)

PARC is a well established and qualified research and information systems house based in the Arabian Peninsula, with its Head Office located in Dubai. In addition, PARC operates through full-fledged independent branch offices in each of the following countries: Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, Sultanate of Oman, Lebanon, Egypt, Jordan with a field station in Qatar.

PARC was founded in Kuwait in 1976 and is a Member of Gallup International and key staff are members of ESOMAR. Today, PARC has a total staff base of 325 full-time members excluding the pools of part-time field interviewers and supervisors. PARC has developed highly sophisticated methods in handling large-scale multi-market media and consumer marketing research.

PARC's main areas of activity are Consumer Research Services tailor made to accommodate client's requirements and objectives using both qualitative and quantitative methodologies; and Syndicated Studies initiated by PARC based on perceptions of market requirements.
0 Replies