Blown up over the ocean? sunk to the bottom of the ocean? stollen or hijacked?

izzythepush

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 02:09 pm
@panzade,
The facts are quite inconvenient. Modern Iran has never attacked another country. Iran was attacked by Saddam Hussein (remember him?) with American backing, and America turned a blind eye when Saddam used chemical weapons against Iranians.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 04:54 pm
@panzade,
Quote:

Iranians are strange, foreign, swarthy people with shifty eyes and a guttural language.

How can you use display such a lack of knowledge regarding the Iranians?! Your post is implying all "Iranians are strange, foreign, swarthy people with shifty eyes and a guttural language." How many Iranians have you known on a personal level? Taking a different approach, I do not find Iranians strange; their cultural emphasis on religion does seem anachronistic compared to the West. However, there are many educated women in Iran and many Iranian students pursuing higher education at many US universities, especially in the Pure Sciences, i.e. Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry etc. I've made it a practice to get to know some of these Iranians students as human beings, minus the politics and bias.

People from the middle east usually wear a swarthy or darker hue but still Persians (Iranians) are supposed to belong to the Caucasian group and Iran is home to one of the world's oldest civilizations; anyway Asia shares a border with Africa making most people living there darker than Europeans.

Quote:
We can't trust them.

One could say that about the rest of the world and the US in particular...The late president Saddam Hussein in the Iran-Iraq War (1980–1988), used nerve gas on some Iranians and the Kurdish population, his own people. The US remained the best of friends with Saddam Hussein, during this period, because he had lots of oil, and were not about to interfere and tell their good friend Hussein to stop using nerve gas.

Humans beings are the same the world over. Sometime we will get good/excellent leaders for the people, but more often then not we get a bunch of crooks who're in government just to become rich and powerful.
panzade

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 05:04 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Calm down M-i-T!
I was being facetious.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 05:05 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
good grief

are you not able to read? did you read what Pan was responding to? did you not understand he was being facetious?

roger

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 05:23 pm
@panzade,
Even I could tell that.
panzade

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 05:29 pm
@roger,
Well, you know me better than M-i-T does.
We've been yakking back and forth for 10 years here.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 05:35 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:

are you not able to read? did you read what Pan was responding to? did you not understand he was being facetious?

Sorry. ehBeth and Pan, if I misunderstood. I had not read the entire thread. I just logged on and haven't been here for a while.
farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 05:43 pm
This will make a pretty interesting movie.

I see Billy Connolly as the Pilot. (hes gotta be Aussie , so a scot will do, )
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 05:54 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
No worries mate.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 07:00 pm
@roger,
Roger the dodger: Even I could tell that.

Says the brickhead.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2014 12:48 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:
None of the theories I've heard explain why the plane would be anywhere near where this debris was found. If you know of such a theory please specify.

Theory:

Because someone deliberately flew it down there, intending the plane to disappear without ever being found (without realizing that the satellite pings were providing us with clues).

That someone could have been the pilot, or it could have been a hijacker.

It could have been a solitary act of a deranged screwball, or an al-Qa'ida test run for a larger simultaneous attack on multiple American airlines.
oralloy

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2014 12:48 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
I don't think you would ever say Foxnews was right about something, even though they are more correct then any of the other cable news outlets.

We'll have to see...just yesterday they flat out lied about Obama resetting missile defenses in Poland.
When they're right about something I dismissed, I'll let you know.

What is their alleged lie regarding missile defense in Poland?
Joe Nation

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2014 05:01 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Fox News invoked President Obama's cancellation of a Bush-era missile defense program in Poland as evidence of Obama's failing foreign policy. But Fox failed to mention that the program was replaced with a system that experts say provides equivalent, if not better, protection of U.S. foreign interests, including Poland.

Joe(from MediaMatters)Nation
parados

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2014 07:58 am
@Joe Nation,
How dare Obama use better technology? That's unamerican.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2014 08:32 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Because someone deliberately flew it down there, intending the plane to disappear without ever being found (without realizing that the satellite pings were providing us with clues).

Well, I guess that's a "theory" by definition. But it's hard to see the motivation in all that.

Allow me to refine my request a bit... Can someone propose a theory which matches all the known facts along with reasonable motive (assuming that the theory involves an intentional act).

If you had said that someone went to a lot of trouble to make the plane appear to disappear and then they tried to land on a remote island down in the south indian ocean, and missed. Then I might see that as a reasonable motive. But I don't see any reason to carefully plot the theft of an aircraft if your only motive is to fly it into the remote ocean until it runs out of fuel (which is why, if they do find it down there, I don't think this is a hijack or commandeer).
JTT

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2014 09:04 am
@rosborne979,
They're all theories, Ros.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2014 09:27 am
I'm still running with the "suicide pilot" theory. It's nothing new, an Egyptair Boeing was deliberately crashed into the Atlantic off New York in 1999 when the muslim co-pilot went bananas killing all 217 on board.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egypt_Air_990

The pilot of the missing airliner Captain Zaharie has been described as "a muslim with atheist leanings", and was also a supporter of the gay rights movement.
His gay activist friend was jailed just hours before the plane took off and it may have been enough to push Zaharie over the edge into madness and made him dive the plane into the ocean.
JTT

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2014 04:14 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Given the extremely loose connection to reality that you portray, Romeo, even your theories are wacko.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2014 04:23 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:

Sorry. ehBeth and Pan, if I misunderstood.

That's a rather qualified apology. You did misunderstand. If you read Panzade's posts, you'd realise he's always advocating civil rights, peace and cartoon captioning.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2014 09:51 pm
Quote:
JTT said: Given the extremely loose connection to reality that you portray, Romeo, even your theories are wacko.

We're still trying to figger out whether you're a USA-hating commie or muslim mate, and you're too much of a scaredy-cat to admit what you are..Wink
Fact is, extremist muslims are natural-born killers-
[Koran 9.123] "O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness; and know that Allah is with those who guard against evil"
[Koran 5.51] "O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends"

"Pilot Zaharie, a Muslim, was a subscriber to atheist Richard Dawkins's Foundation for Reason and Science site, and English comedian transvestite/atheist Eddie Izzard's site"
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2582249/Keen-chef-inventor-passionate-toy-remote-controlled-aircraft-inside-home-life-MH370-pilot-Captain-Zaharie.html