Blown up over the ocean? sunk to the bottom of the ocean? stollen or hijacked?

Baldimo

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2014 04:28 pm
@panzade,
Fair enough.

Difference being, I would apologize if I'm wrong about the 2 guys from Iran. I don't think you would ever say Foxnews was right about something, even though they are more correct then any of the other cable news outlets. CNN has been proven to take money from hostile countries to run positive stories about them, Iraq before the 2nd invasion, and now Syria. MSNBC for the most part is filled with racebaiters who are given a pass for their racism. The instance of MHP and her panel talking **** about Mitt Romneys adopted grandchild.

By the way, I should mention that in this instance, I don't think Iran was involved, but I don't trust the 2 Iranian men traveling with stolen passports.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2014 04:30 pm
@Baldimo,
North Korea is a completely different case.

When looking at Iran, we're probably more culpable than them. There was a chance after 9/11, and had a Clinton or an Obama been in the Oval office things would have been so much different. Unfortunately there was a moron in office who screwed up big time.

The dispute between Iran and the West is like some Italian vendetta, or a Wild West feud. You need to ask yourself what do you want. More of the same? More dead Americans, more dead Iranians? Or do you want things to change?

We have tied ourselves to the most illiberal country in the Middle East, Saudi Arabia, the country whose citizens financed and carried out 9/11. The country where women aren't allowed to drive, and whose extreme Wahabbist brand of Islam is exported to Moslems throughout the West. The Iranian people are actually the most pro Western in the entire subcontinent. They could be very useful allies. It's time to bury the hatchet, accept wrongs on both sides, and make a difference for the better.

Try to be objective. Given the, (what appears to be new) facts, if you were an Iranian what would you have done?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2014 04:37 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
I don't think you would ever say Foxnews was right about something, even though they are more correct then any of the other cable news outlets.

We'll have to see...just yesterday they flat out lied about Obama resetting missile defenses in Poland.
When they're right about something I dismissed, I'll let you know.
JTT

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2014 05:27 pm
@izzythepush,
Izzy: look at me, I'm a coward!!
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2014 06:29 pm
@Baldimo,
B: Let me put it to you this way. If someone accuses you of something, the last thing you want to do is for them to be right. They acted just as they were portrayed. Doesn't matter what Bush said, he was right. They were an axis of evil right along with North Korea. Can all the blame for North Korea be directed at the Bush speech as well? Stop giving them excuses.
----------------

Baldimo, you are a completely brainwashed idiot. You ignore the facts with a vengeance. If you really took an honest look at the historical record, you'd know that the evil has come from the USA.

If Iran or Korea had bombed the USA killing a third of your population would you ever trust that country again?

How about you, Panzade?
panzade

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2014 06:44 pm
@JTT,
You're preaching to the choir Father and the sermon is getting a might tiresome.
JTT

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2014 06:50 pm
@panzade,
The questions aren't that difficult.

The choir is deaf, Panzade, or frightened of being kicked out of the sandbox.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2014 09:40 pm
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (CNN) -- [Breaking news update at 23:24 p.m. Wednesday ]
Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott said Thursday that authorities have spotted two objects in the Indian Ocean that are possibly related to the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.
The reports say the objects were found in the southern Indian Ocean and a Royal Australian Air Force plane is attempting closer inspection.
Australian search teams have been at the forefront of search efforts in the remote southern Indian Ocean.
rosborne979
  Selected Answer

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 09:14 am
@edgarblythe,
If this plane really does end up being found in the south Indian Ocean, then someone is going to have to come up with a new theory as to how/why it ended up there.

The "Hero Pilot" theory puts it out near the Maldives somewhere, and the Hijack theory claims that it was still being navigated through waypoints which lead to India. Neither route would put it anywhere near where this wreckage is. I really hope they find the black box. Otherwise we are never going to know what the hell happened to this plane.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 09:36 am
@edgarblythe,
Guessing, the younger one, newer with the plane.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 09:37 am
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/73702000/jpg/_73702773_73702772.jpg

Quote:
The St Petersburg, a Norwegian merchant ship, was the first vessel to reach the area

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26659951

They don't hang about The Norwegians, Norway's the other side of the world, but they still managed to get there first.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 10:28 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

If this plane really does end up being found in the south Indian Ocean, then someone is going to have to come up with a new theory as to how/why it ended up there.

The "Hero Pilot" theory puts it out near the Maldives somewhere, and the Hijack theory claims that it was still being navigated through waypoints which lead to India. Neither route would put it anywhere near where this wreckage is. I really hope they find the black box. Otherwise we are never going to know what the hell happened to this plane.

Not necessarily correct at all, Ros.

The debris could be where it is...and still conform to speculation being circulated about what might have happened.

An emergency (fire with smoke) could have occurred; the pilots could have done what they are supposed to do when fire or smoke happens...head the plane toward the nearest and safest airport...and then tried to extinguish the fire by going to a higher altitude. At some point before they were able to communicate their problems to the ground...both pilots and all passengers may have been overcome by smoke or fumes. The heading they had and non-corrections because of winds...could head them into the south Indian Ocean...and currents could take the debris very far south during the week it would have been in the water.

Not saying that is what happened, but it could have.

To immediately leap to a commandeering of the plane by one or both of the pilots is premature...and a bit unfair to the two guys who may have worked valiantly to get themselves and their aircraft out of trouble.
parados

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 11:08 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Let me put it to you this way. If someone accuses you of something, the last thing you want to do is for them to be right.

Human nature is quite different than that Baldimo. The phrase "I might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb" exists because people have long realized if they are going to be blamed no matter what they might as well do it.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 12:10 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
To immediately leap to a commandeering of the plane by one or both of the pilots is premature...and a bit unfair to the two guys who may have worked valiantly to get themselves and their aircraft out of trouble.
I didn't leap to (or imply) any such conclusion. Don't know where you got the idea I did.
rosborne979

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 12:15 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
The debris could be where it is...and still conform to speculation being circulated about what might have happened.

None of the theories I've heard explain why the plane would be anywhere near where this debris was found. If you know of such a theory please specify.

The only reason they (the Australians) were even looking in that area was because it conformed to the satellite arc from the ACARS ping and with a distance limit imposed by fuel consumption. And it was a reasonable place to look, but no theory explains why it would be headed in that direction (winds don't blow an airliner off course if it's being controlled by the nav computer through waypoints, which is what was claimed by the Malaysian radar people).
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 01:07 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
I didn't leap to (or imply) any such conclusion. Don't know where you got the idea I did.

I didn't say you did, Ros.

Some people have...and suggested that people who have...are "leaping to a conclusion" that is premature and a bit unfair.

The comment was contained in a reply to you that suggested that one of the current theories of what happened could be correct...that a new theory would not necessarily be needed.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 01:09 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

None of the theories I've heard explain why the plane would be anywhere near where this debris was found. If you know of such a theory please specify.

The only reason they (the Australians) were even looking in that area was because it conformed to the satellite arc from the ACARS ping and with a distance limit imposed by fuel consumption. And it was a reasonable place to look, but no theory explains why it would be headed in that direction (winds don't blow an airliner off course if it's being controlled by the nav computer through waypoints, which is what was claimed by the Malaysian radar people).

I already did in my original statement, Ros.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 01:11 pm
@rosborne979,
Ros: None of the theories I've heard explain why the plane would be anywhere near where this debris was found. If you know of such a theory please specify.

Frank stated a theory and therefore we have theory, enough of a theory that it was reasonable, by your own judgement, for the Aussies to look there.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 01:41 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
It has nothing to do with American hostility towards Iran. Coincidence is all. If it turns out when all of this is said and done that I was wrong about the young fellows, then I will apologize. Until then, stolen passports funny things going on with the plane and it disappearing, tell me that something is afoot. It sounds like a well planned out hijacking with far reaching end. Don't ever forget, that it was the Iranians in the late 1970's and 80's who were responsible for the modern day hijackings. They set the stage back then and their country hasn't really changed their stripes since.

What does that even mean that, “it was the Iranians in the late1970's and 80's who were responsible for the modern day hijackings”?

According to Wikipeda the first hijacking to involve Iran or even an Iranian born individual was perpetrated in 1983 by Hussein Shey Kholya, who was a naturalized US citizen.

Of the fifty-five hijackings it lists since that particular hijacking eight involved the state of Iran or Iranian nationals.
panzade

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 02:02 pm
@InfraBlue,
Never mind the facts IB, this is about opinion.
Iranians are strange, foreign, swarthy people with shifty eyes and a guttural language.
We can't trust them.