Blown up over the ocean? sunk to the bottom of the ocean? stollen or hijacked?

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 01:20 pm
I have been thinking about somebody smuggling a substance on board that could disable or render unconscious the people aboard the plane. I don't even know that it's feasible. Just looking for new ideas.
JTT

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 01:22 pm
@oralloy,
Oralboy: Your idea of allowing rogue nations to develop illegal weapons would kick off a global arms race that could result in the deaths of billions of people.

Billions of people meets your criteria of bad but tens of millions slaughtered by the USA doesn't.

Is it bad because the USA would be included?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 01:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
Ed, would you and Roz please get back on topic?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 08:35 am
The latest news is that Inmarsat has re-calculated that MH370 flew along the southern arc and that its flight ended in the southern indian ocean just about where all the unconfirmed satellite (different satellites) images of "junk" in the water are being seen.

So far no physical evidence that has been collected has been confirmed to have originated from the flight, but it is assumed that eventually it will be.

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 08:38 am
@rosborne979,
Yep, it would appear that all the calculations have been done, and that the flight ended far away from any landing sites.

Smoke flares have been dropped where the wreckage is reckoned to be, and search ships are on the way.
rosborne979

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 08:43 am
@Lordyaswas,
Pinger trackers are also on the way:
Quote:
According to a Navy statement:

The TPL-25 Towed Pinger Locator System is able to locate black boxes on downed Navy and commercial aircraft down to a maximum depth of 20,000 feet anywhere in the world. Commercial aircraft pingers are mounted directly on the flight recorder, the recovery of which is critical to an accident investigation.

The Pinger Locator is towed behind a vessel at slow speeds, generally 1-5 knots, depending on the depth. The tow array carries a passive listening device for detecting pingers that automatically transmit an acoustic pulse.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 08:57 am
As you can see from the diagram below, MH370 must have made a sharp southern turn just after the last radar contact at 0215L. Its flight ended just about where the southern red line and blue lines meet up (which is exactly why they started looking at satellite images of that area in the first place. They ignored all the bogus info they were getting and focused on the only solid facts they had; satellite and fuel consumption).

It now seems very likely that earlier reports of the plane following waypoints between the Andaman Islands and India are bogus.

Inmarsat also reports that after the last contact at 0215L, the aircraft moved continually away from the Inmarsat satellite. In order for this to happen the aircraft would have had to make a fairly decisive turn to the south just after 0215L. Why it did this I don't know. Unless they were trying to find another airstrip south of 0215L and just lost consciousness after making the turn. If they don't find that black box we're probably never going to know why that plane turned south and ran out of fuel in one of the most remote spots on earth.

http://ogleearth.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/MH370_Mar17.jpg
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 10:28 am
Quote:
"deeply regrets that we have to assume beyond any reasonable doubt that MH370 has been lost and that none of those onboard survived."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/24/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

HAHA...These guys are the new Keystone Cops, incompetence and hilarity at every turn.
JTT

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 11:47 am
@hawkeye10,
Hawk: HAHA...These guys are the new Keystone Cops, incompetence and hilarity at every turn.
--------

Take all the grief expressed in that article, imagine all the grief those people feel, Hawk. Now multiply it by millions upon millions and you don't even come close to describing the unimaginable grief and suffering that the real keystone cops, sent out by USA governments, have caused to innocents for over two centuries.

Is it not the height of citizen incompetence that y'all have been electing vicious war criminals and terrorists, without exception, since at least 1776?
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 12:24 pm
@JTT,
come off it, what you should be concentrating on is the phrase "assume beyond any reasonable doubt".

Priceless!
JTT

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 01:22 pm
@hawkeye10,
You're caught up in the USA poke fun at everyone else so there is no time to focus on the USA.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 01:35 pm
Quote:
The writer proposes the following chain of events:

Likely fuselage failure near SATCOM antenna adapter, disabling some or all of GPS, ACARS, ADS-B, and ADS-C antennas and systems.
Thus, only primary radars would detect the plane. Primary radar range is usually less than 100nm, and is generally ineffective at high altitudes.
If the decompression was slow enough, the writer believes that the pilots would not have realised it and would have been unable to put on their oxygen masks in time. It is also noted that the flight was a "red-eye" meaning many passengers would have been trying to sleep, therefore making the affects of oxygen deprivation less obvious.

The theory may also explain why "another pilot thirty minutes ahead heard "mumbling" from MH370 pilots."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-did-slow-decompression-leave-passengers-unconscious-1439924

Mary Schiavo was days after the loss saying that this was the most likely cause. It seems to best fit the facts as we know them.
rosborne979

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 02:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
The full transcript of Mary Schiavo's interview with a Boston radio station can be found here: http://able2know.org/topic/237941-1#post-5607197

I posted it on Frank's thread back near the beginning of this.

It seems like the only difference between the current theory and her original theory is the speed of the leak. Initially she had surmised a sudden failure. Now it sounds like they are considering a slow failure.

I'm not exactly sure how this explains the course changes the airplane took, but maybe the pilots were delirious and only managed to key in odd commands (altitude change and heading into the southern ocean). It seems like if they were conscious enough to try to change headings they would have tried to put on oxygen masks. Or maybe it was like Payne Stewart and the oxygen was defective or blocked or something. Who knows. Maybe they were flying in a delirious condition for a while. That would certainly account for a whole lot of weirdness in headings and altitude.

I think the more recent theories are getting closer to making sense.
JTT

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 02:14 pm
@rosborne979,
Roz: I think the more recent theories are getting closer to making sense.
-------

Amazing what thinking can do.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 03:16 pm
@rosborne979,
sounds like a shitload of routine maintenance issues . I don't think all these could be design flaws conspiring all at once.

I know that there are filters and water damp controls O2 systems and these need routine checking and changing out. Seems if your airline can afford some Dreamliners or bigass AIrbuses , theyd have a top notch maintenance system in effect.
JTT

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 03:38 pm
@farmerman,
Y'all are great at doing the theoreticals except when it comes to your own closets.

American Exceptionalism: Getting 3 steel buildings designed to take a hit from a jet to fall, in a single day, into their footprints. No other country has ever been able to complete this miracle before or since, not even with one building!

Then all silence breaks loose!
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 04:41 pm
@farmerman,
The 2011 cockpit fire at Egyptian Air started in the cockpit o2 system might come into play, this is a massively mismanaged airline, the retrofit might not have been done right.

My main wonder is if the pilot could mumble to a passing aircraft as they ran out of breath why couldn't they contact ground controllers? Second is assuming compartment had a functioning o2 system why no cell phone activity? Too much smoke?

But the cockpit fire idea has problems too, because while it might have knocked out the transponder why was another data relay system not even in the cockpit also not working? Why as auto-pilot still working? Why couldnt the pilots get the fire under control? Even if the cockpit 02 system was down they could run and get a cabin crew tank.

Fire with the lithum batteries in cargo, maybe knocking out the o2 system AND all communications? Maybe, but no time to radio before discovered and it got that bad?
JTT

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 04:53 pm
@hawkeye10,
You say you are one of the honest ones, Hawk, and in many ways, compared to a guy like farmer, you are.

Then you seek to get yourself a position in the sandbox.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 05:14 pm
Quote:
JTT said:-Getting 3 steel buildings designed to take a hit from a jet to fall, in a single day, into their footprints. No other country has ever been able to complete this miracle before or since, not even with one building!

If you mean 9/11 mate, Al-Qaeda have ADMITTED they did it, so that totally trashes the 9/11 false flag conspiracy theory..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Al-Q-v-Ahmed1.gif~original
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Al-q-v-Ahmed2.gif~original

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 05:55 pm
what happens when authorities announce a murder but have no body and all of their many theories about who committed the act have flaws of logic and/or long odds? This is where we are with MH370, I can well see why the families are said to be pissed.