How to combat the dropsies?

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 10:38 am
I Have MS. I recently started having things just drop out of my hands without being aware of it, I'm also knocking things over. What exercises and activities can I do to help with this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,235 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 05:58 pm
@theresaerwinn,
Yoga helps a great deal with improving balance. Practicing yoga might help you in the short run. You are aware that MS is a degenerative neuromuscular condition? What do your doctors explain to you about this? (the rate of degeneration in your situation, etc)? Improving your balance can help YOU from falling. However, some muscle strengthening exercises might help with improving your grip...but that possibility is something only your medical team can explain to you about the long term.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 06:40 pm
@theresaerwinn,
I am sure there are items made especially for folks who have the same issues. In the meantime, get your house ready for you now and in the future. (I'm downsizing and moving because I want to get ready for the next 20 or so years)

See: http://www.msactivesource.com/kitchen-tips.xml
0 Replies