Strange feelings

foalan

Sun 16 Mar, 2014 01:29 am
me and my girlfriend have been dating for a year now.she was my first but i wasnt hers. whenever she talks about her first i feel like i have a knife in my stomach and i get overwhelmed with emotion.Can anyone give me some advice on how to handle it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 745 • Replies: 4
Topic Closed
No top replies

CoastalRat

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 08:41 am
@foalan,
For the most part, her past and your past need not be talked about. Does she keep bringing up her "first" or do you bring it up? If you do, just stop bringing it up. If she keeps bringing it up, then I think the two of you need to sit down and really discuss your relationship because to me it would indicate that she is not yet over the other guy.
tsarstepan

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 09:11 am
@CoastalRat,
CoastalRat wrote:

For the most part, her past and your past need not be talked about. Does she keep bringing up her "first" or do you bring it up? If you do, just stop bringing it up. If she keeps bringing it up, then I think the two of you need to sit down and really discuss your relationship because to me it would indicate that she is not yet over the other guy.

I can't say it better then that other than the feelings the OP is having is called jealousy.
0 Replies

VictorKh

Fri 21 Mar, 2014 02:50 am
@foalan,
or make her your first to talk about with smb else.
0 Replies

vikorr

Fri 21 Mar, 2014 05:24 pm
Quote:
When she talk about him just ignore her, don't give her response when she talk about her ex...
This is terrible advice. He has every right to ask her not to talk about her ex to him.

After that, if she keeps talking about her ex, then it would be a show of disrespect on her part (if it's not already - it may currently just be thoughtlessness. There's not enough context)

Ignoring her talking about her ex would just invite the same thing to occur again down the track. If it bothers him this much, why would he want to leave the possibility open that she would bring up her ex again?
0 Replies