Fair play? or Dirty Pool?

dyslexia

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 01:37 pm
this topic reminds me very little of the attempts of the GOP convention to dis the American Indian Movement at the '68 convention.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 01:38 pm
Apparently not Democrat, given that the article alleges that these same individuals would also like to disrupt the Democratic convention.

Does it not occur to you that there are at least millions, and perhaps tens of millions, of Americans such as am i, who are not affiliated with either of the Associations of Institutionalized Crooks?
0 Replies

Deecups36

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 01:51 pm
Speaking of disrupting things, I remember seeing on a much smaller scale of course, on cable news, the angry male Bush supporters (RNC workers?) storming the polling places in Miami that were staffed by wonderfully generous, retired Americans -- grey haired one and all, and frightening them so badly they had to call the police for protection from these thugs.

Just a thought that this thread made me recall.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 01:57 pm
Well Craven thinks it won't happen. And if it does, I doubt anybody will require the protesters to show their voter registration cards. But whether it happens at the GOP Convention or the Democrat Convention, I hope they throw the bums in jail. I presume disturbing the peace is against the law in both NYC and Boston.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:06 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
And if it does, I doubt anybody will require the protesters to show their voter registration cards.

This is what i'm trying to get at Fox. Are you aware that in many states, there is no requirement to declare a party affiliation when registering to vote? My point is that you continually see the world (at least the world of society and politics) in strictly dichotomous terms, you see it as polarized: black/white, good/bad, Republican/Democrat. To most of the world, there is no discernable difference between the Democrats and the Republicans, and both are considered to be conservative political parties. There are a great many people in this country who do not see the world in such terms--they are affiliated with neither party, and are motivated by a good deal more than just the latest "party line."
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 04:38 pm
And I choose not to accept your characterization of me Setanta as the aggregate of my posts here at A2K will show it is flawed. I accept that is the way you perceive me. As for how the rest of the world perceives the US political system and ideology, it is a matter of interest to me, but I think it serves us poorly to allow others to define us.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 04:40 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
And I choose not to accept your characterization of me Setanta as the aggregate of my posts here at A2K will show it is flawed.

I guess that's a matter of opinion, I think the aggregate reinforces it.
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 04:45 pm
Setanta:

I think your characterization of foxfyre is quite accurate.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 04:49 pm
infowarrior,

But still far less partisan than yourself. ;-)
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 04:55 pm
craven;

Better partisan than perpetually in the "not sure" category like yourself. :wink:
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 05:04 pm
"Perpetually in the 'not sure' category"? That made my day.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 05:22 pm
psst, info: Craven attends Mass at Our Lady of Perpetual Self-Indulgence. :wink:
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 05:23 pm
And I've decided that the definition of 'partisan' here on A2K is having an opinion about anything that differs with somebody else's Smile
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 06:17 pm
?
Maybe these are Right Wingers in a Psy-ops action. Right Wingers have been own to show up at demonstrations enciting violence and/or being gross, acting as protestors of the Left.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 06:21 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
And I've decided that the definition of 'partisan' here on A2K is having an opinion about anything that differs with somebody else's Smile

Main Entry: 1par·ti·san
Variant(s): also par·ti·zan /'pär-t&-z&n, -s&n, -"zan, chiefly British "pär-t&-'zan/
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French partisan, from Old Italian partigiano, from parte part, party, from Latin part-, pars part
1 : a firm adherent to a party , faction, cause, or person; especially : one exhibiting blind, prejudiced, and unreasoning allegiance
2 a : a member of a body of detached light troops making forays and harassing an enemy b : a member of a guerrilla band operating within enemy lines

take yer pick .... click
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 07:44 pm
This
1 : a firm adherent to a party , faction, cause, or person; especially : one exhibiting blind, prejudiced, and unreasoning allegiance

Foxfyre-Partisan to Bushco.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 07:46 am
Pistoff - partisan to not-Bushco.

c'est la vie.
0 Replies