I love my car!

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 06:55 pm
I like my car too

http://www.borge.diesal.de/car.jpg
0 Replies

Bulletman

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 12:59 pm
dlk33 .. what do u exactly plan to do with a tiburan.. they are sloow cars depending on who punches it first a saturn could keep up to a tiburan, just not off a start Razz , my bro's Sunfire 2.2 L could beat you... ok well his isnt stock, but its not really supped up either (governer off, mouths, pully, intake... and some other mild things)

although today, when i was driving home i tried to race a honda prelude, on the highway, wow that thing took that ramp like its nothing, it was a tight turn connecting on another highway.. he was going 110 more or less, i was going 80-90 in the sunfire and i felt like it was gonna fly off, after on the straigh-away we both punched it.. it was leaving me, pretty good for a 3000pound body.

honda prelude is a good car, a tiburan.. meh

anyways arent saturns supposed to be bad cars.. i heard they break down quick and the body is made of some sort of plastic O.o ??

P.S i like ur car too Laughing Laughing

automatic tiburan, im guessing 140hp, vs a automatic saturn? 124hp? ups, u have 300pounds of less weight on the saturn if its a standard u win, if its auto, will be a tough race, but you'll probably both end up leaving ur tranny's at the start line Razz. (but both cars are slooow tho)
0 Replies

georgio

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 11:17 am
Subaru
I have the Subaru Impreza WRX 2000 model, and I do like it very much indeed, the color is Dark Blue, Its a powerful car, the sound of the engine is Twisted Evil,

I would like to have the New Range Rover, My sister has the 2000 model, but the problem u need a maintenance unit following u wherever ur driving the Range (Electronics Problems), and the Price $$$$$$$$$$$.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 11:15 am
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid148/pf1b5a76a54ca0518dcc48cd76a1beda9/f614f6b6.jpg.thumb.jpg

Not the fastest but I never had a car that was more fun. I'm looking forward to the snow! I have put the hardtop on since the picture was taken.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 11:32 am
I loooove my chariot. I call her Caldonia cause she's a big, sturdy girl. This is my very first car, all my own, and I understand that it's marketed to 20 year olds so I guess I'm a 20 year old at heart. She always gets compliments everywhere we go. It's a great vehicle. Fun.
http://automobiles.honda.com/assets/images/2004/element/customize/base_car/BK_ex_34FRONT.jpg
0 Replies

thorman944

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 11:35 am
the car i hate: my 91 buick skylark with the 4 cylinder and the peelin clearcoat and the roofliner thats sagging and the window regulator that lasts 2 years then needs replaced (royal pain in the butt). but this car is my daily driver.

the car i love: my 71 jeepster commando with the 3.8 liter buick "dauntless" v-6 (you can't kill this engine) and the full soft-top and the chevy turbohydromatic 400 transmission and spicer-18 thru-drive transfer case and dana 44 rear with posi-trac and dana 30 (sfa = more wheel travel) front axle. for a totally stock 4x4, this thing was built with 3/4 and 1 ton components on a 1/2 ton truck that weighs under 2500 lbs. best of both worlds. soft top and old-school jeep styling, but with the lines of the new jeep unlimited. i got almost 3 feet of cargo space behind the rear seat.

now, if i could only finish this vehicle (it's in the late project-car stages and still needs a few minor things to be a daily driver.)

the car i miss: my 87 944. lost it in a high-speed axx a few years ago. life sucks. doing everything right, driving about 54mph in the rain in a 65mph zone. just had her serviced and just had into tire shop for 'slow leak'. shop assured me it was fixed. checked after axx to see what could have caused this (normally she would do 80 in the rain without blinking an eye) - tire pressure on left rear was only 8lbs. shop did not fix leak causing super-low tire pressure to 'flatten' tire and make very wide print that wouldn't channel water. good car, though. i hit a jersey-wall going backward at over 50mph and didn't have a scratch to show for it. car also drove away from axx (after adjusting tire inflation). lots of cosmetic/sheetmetal damage, but no mechanical damage. something to be said for 1/4" thick steel bumpers. (944's had one of the strongest bumpers ever made on a passenger vehicle - 2 to 3 times stronger than most truck bumpers.)

saturns: i drove a tow truck off and on for years and i've seen people walk away from axx in saturns that would have others leaving in a med-evac helicoptor or body-bag. unfortunately my sister was also in one of these really bad accidents. fortunately, she was in the saturn sl1 that i advised my mom to buy and also walked away unharmed.

saturn service department is unbelievable - it's like a porsche quality service department where they are there to make you very, very happy, except that saturn service is tremendously cheaper (sometimes, they'll even fix things out of warrenty at no charge)

hyundai tiberons stink!!!

most average sedans (read base model honda accord or toyota camry) are as quick and powerful. tiberons might look cool, but they're a real sheep in wolves clothing. take the $13,000 to $16,000 and buy a 10 year old porsche 968 that's been regularly serviced from a reputable dealer. you'll have a car that has about the same interior space, better looks, will last longer and has 240+ hp and is actually as fast as it looks. better resale value also.
0 Replies