I love my car!

ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 03:19 pm
uh oh

SealPoet - i was just at the cartalk site. Appears you're driving one of the ultimate chick cars. You might want to tell people it belongs to the Mrs. SP.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 04:04 pm
One of the ultimate chick cars... well... yeah. I had definitly noticed that, especially with the pre-2000 neon.

But, I have no probelms with my gender. My gender is just fine...

But in the mid-eighties there was the Chevy Camaro Berlinetta. Never ever saw a guy driving one.
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 04:14 pm
Rae,
Is that Saturn an SC1? I don't think it has 140 horsepower, does it?
Anything less then that just isn't enough, is it? I know that Saturn has good service. I did test drive one awhile back, but found there was no foot room in the back seat. I have two teen daughters, so they at least have to be able to put their feet down while sitting in the back seat.
My husband recently got a '95 Honda Prelude. That is a nice powerful car! His car has 160 horsepower. We only paid $4,000 for that car, which was a steal!
I did add a magnaflow exhaust system to my car, took out the resinator, so it would sound GOOD. I also replaced the paper air filter with an A&N air filter, which is suppose to add more horsepower and improve performance.
My daughter now owns our '89 Honda Accord which still has under 100k mi. That car has been very reliable.
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 04:20 pm
ehBeth,
Wow Surprised the most stolen car in Canada? I had no idea!
I like my car even more now. I'm suprised that males enjoy it that much, I don't think guys view it as a very macho car here in the states.
You've gotten your money out of that Civic. If you like it that much, why not get a newer one when the time comes? Civics are the cars all the young guys buy up here, so they can do lots of modifications to it. There are a lot of aftermarket options for those cars.

Rae,
By the way, my Tiburon is an automatic. Wanna race?
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2002 12:46 am
You know that Tiburon I love so much?
Last night it backed into my daughters car. while being backed out of the garage. I got an estimate for damage today. How does $466.99 sound? Too bad my deductible is $500. Guess this one is coming out of my pocket.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2002 11:33 am
Ouchy ouchy! So sorry, dlk. We can race when everything is back in order.....
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2002 05:20 pm
Rae,
Just because my car has a little boo boo, doesn't mean I can't race you.
I'm ready, willing and able to zoom zoom.
Just let me know where, and when. Are coming here, or am I suppose to go there? You know gas prices are kind of high right now, maybe we should wait until they go below $1.40 a gallon. Smile
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2002 05:26 pm
Well, if ya really think waiting for gas prices to go down is the sensible thing to do..... :wink:
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2002 09:42 pm
Well, I will be burning quite a lot of gas off the starting line you know. Very Happy
I want to give you plenty of time to back out of our drag race, if you need to. I don't want you to go and change your mind once you finally get a good look at my car. If you want to back out, now would be a good time to do it. Razz
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2002 10:25 pm
NEVER! I love my car, and I'll take on your Tiburon any day!.....(I may lose, but I'll put up a good fight!)

VROOM, VROOOOOOM!!!!!
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 11:38 am
Rae,
Should I race you with my 2001 Tiburon, or my husbands '95 Honda Prelude?
By the way, I think it's only fair if we meet half way between where you live, and where I live for this competition, don't you agree?
So, just how much horsepower does your Saturn put out?
If it's less then 160, or 140 you're doomed Exclamation
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 11:46 am
Yeah well, I'm doomed.....But, it'd be fun!

By the way, it is an SL1, five speed. (I couldn't tell ya the first thing about horsepower Rolling Eyes ) Unfortunately, without the turbo. Slow to take off, but I end up passing all the idiots who couldn't wait to get around me from the red light.
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 08:54 pm
Since you couldn't give me the information about your cars horsepower, I decided to investigate for myself. Smile
Here's the deal, you have a 4cyl. 1.9liter engine that has a total of 100 horsepower. Crying or Very sad
Your car is a four door huh? Where's the sporty in that Question
Sorry, my Tiburon will only race sports coupes, not family cars. Laughing
I't really wouldn't be fair to leave you in the dust, I'd feel too bad. Razz
But, the idea has been fun. Very Happy
Thanks for the smiles Exclamation
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 09:02 pm
So I drive a sedan.....I'm a sensible gal.

I was in traffick with a Tiburon today ~ a sleek, black coupe ~ very, very nice. We stayed neck-in-neck and found our way out of the traffic within seconds of each other.....It was pretty cool!
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 09:13 pm
Did you think of me when you saw that black Tiburon?
Whoever was driving it wasn't working the engine too hard if the two of you were neck to neck.
Let me know what happens if you get side by side with one and decide to try and take it from a green light.
Actually, the Tiburon also takes off kind of slow from a start. The Tiburon shines once it get's up to speed, and corners great. It isn't nearly the fastest car around, but it looks good and is lots of fun to drive. Smile
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 09:23 pm
As you keep reminding me.....lol

Maybe me and this guy were able to stay neck-in-neck today because I've driven on these roads for the last 25 years and I tend to get a bit brave when I'm on my home turf. I kinda/sorta think it was a rental. But it was still great fun.....my son would have lost his cookies had he been with me! I drive 'normal' when he's in the car!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 09:24 pm
P. S. Yes, you were the first person I thought of!
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 09:55 pm
I so wanna do the right thing when my girls are in the car with me, but sometimes it's so hard. :wink:
There is a reason why I bought the car I did..... Girls just wanna have fun.
My driving would have the be the one thing I do where I'm not the best role model for my kids.
Maybe I'm going to have to re-think this pedal to the metal way of driving, at least when the girls are in the car with me Confused
0 Replies

sitetutorautos

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 02:38 pm
yeh, you do. And think about this: your driving behaviour will influence how they drive when they are old enough!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 03:30 pm
20-years old and still blowing people's doors off.

http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0RgBZGfkVNRy6ldkxR9ScNY*LLkDqTXTSKskvq23YI!eaiVBY0Xjl1Nkw9Ob2NMWPt7CInsxu40bei842B!1dVuA47mjivYTOU*JRErUPLcw/oldbmw.jpg

http://nandotimes.nandomedia.com/ips_rich_content/246-iraq1.jpg
0 Replies