Made an absolute fool of myself -- what to do?

Fri 14 Mar, 2014 02:47 am
I've been seeing a girl for about 6 months now. I actually posted about her some time ago. I was able to defuse apparent neediness by going NC and re-establishing myself. I have not fell back into that pit.

Things have moved along since that post 1-2 months ago. Met her parents and such. Really things have been quite well. I've made pretty massive strides in relationship etiquette: little things like giving her all my attention when she's stressed, giving her massages, consoling her, giving her compliments when appropriate, etc.

But, alas, I just made a massive blunder. I went out with one of my buddies and got wasted in the middle of the day. She picked us up and we went to lunch. She was in good spirits initially, but I messed up by being a belligerent idiot. I was obnoxious and just plain rude, from what I remember.

She dropped us back off and I recall her being eager to leave the situation -- who could blame her?

Anyways, I'm sort of anxious right now. I thanked her for meeting up and putting up with us via text. She quickly responded that yesterday was not what she wanted and she'd get in contact with me later.

Obviously, I've left her alone, but I really feel like my actions yesterday, which are honestly polar opposite of who I am, are going to leave her questioning me.

Do I apologize or play it off? Do I say I'll respect her time in the future? I should add that we had a falling out once before when I was rude to her at dinner, and she said I wasn't valuing her time.

I really feel like I was annoying enough to alarm her. At this point, I know it's not my place to initiate contact. I just need to handle this delicate situation perfectly when she does initiate. I know there is little women dislike less than instability. I feel like my personality was just so messed up yesterday, and naturally she's retracted. Hoping time can fix this one. Every time I've left her alone, she's come back and we've gotten closer as a result. I just feel like a guy only gets so many chances.

Help a stressed brother out.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 604 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

hingehead

Fri 14 Mar, 2014 03:56 am
@relationshippro,
Apologise profusely, acknowledge that you fucked up. Know that she will always have in the back of her mind you're obnoxious when you're drunk.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Fri 14 Mar, 2014 08:01 am
Yup - you MAY have just been dumped.

However, I can't believe it was from ONE incident.

This sounds like this kind of behavior (a drunken YOU) has been repeating itself and she finally had enough.

Good for her. Who wants a creepy, belligerent, drunk for a boyfriend?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Fri 14 Mar, 2014 10:41 pm
@relationshippro,
Quote:
Made an absolute fool of myself
Is it better to be an ABSOLUTE fool, or an in-absolute fool??
0 Replies