words

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 08:11 pm
There are many too English words ,do you think we need to know every word spcificly?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 609 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 08:31 pm
@gongAnna,
Only if you're going to need to speak or write them all (meant as humor).

Seriously, the average English-speaker might use approximately between 5-10% of the entirety at most; however, having the ability to figure out far more than the 5-10% from the context would be helpful as regards participation in regular conversations. Having a decent English speaking course or tow and access to a decent dictionary is very helpful.

For example, there would not be the need to understand technical, academic medical or scientific words in every-day conversation.

Here's a link that might help you understand the common ever-day usage of English speaking vocabulary a bit better:

http://skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/6010/are-there-20-000-english-words-in-the-average-adults-vocabulary
gongAnna

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 09:55 pm
@Ragman,
it is kind of you to offer me the links! thank you very much beyond words!*^_^*
0 Replies

DarkCrow

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 10:04 pm
@gongAnna,
Anna, Your English is much better than my ability to write your native language. Keep studying and writing. It takes time and you will do well.
gongAnna

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 08:13 am
@DarkCrow,
Thank you very much!And I will keep what you said in my heart.
0 Replies

gongAnna

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 08:26 am
@Ragman,
Hello! May I ask that the link you offered to me is another website where we can ask any questions? Thank you if you apply to me .
0 Replies